DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

Perfect world for me, Foles to Giants for pick # 37.   Just would love NY fans to have to cheer for Foles, and giving us pick #37 would be awesome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree.. .stats are a little decieving.  Especailly when you take into consideration which player the defense actually tries to stop.   I'll take Agholor 2017 over any JMatt season.   For the number of targets, Agholor was more efficient.  Again ... its the whole puzzle... since we already have Alshon, Ertz and Goedert, Agholor brings the different skill set.   It's not really complicated.   I don't think Howie will have interest in JMatt until after the comp pick formula is finished in May ... probably hoping some sucker will sign him so we can get a 7th round comp pick.   If he is available then, I could see jMatt back for a tryout in camp.  

Or the simple way to look at it is we can get the same production at the position for much cheaper. Freeing up money to spend at another position. That’s the big picture. The whole puzzle. That 7 mil could be used elsewhere to make the team greater as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elway just keeps chucking money around. Flacco has never been very good. On a great team they won the SB. He’s been overpaid ever since. Harbaugh did a fantastic job keeping his team competitive saddle bagged with Flacco and his contract.A Glorified Tannehill. Lamar Jackson has so much to learn still. Yet look how they took flight once they got out from under Flacco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or the simple way to look at it is we can get the same production at the position for much cheaper. Freeing up money to spend at another position. That’s the big picture. The whole puzzle. That 7 mil could be used elsewhere to make the team greater as a whole.

Why would Jmatt be cheaper ... there is a simple answer for that.   Go ahead and say it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Elway just keeps chucking money around. Flacco has never been very good. On a great team they won the SB. He’s been overpaid ever since. Harbaugh did a fantastic job keeping his team competitive saddle bagged with Flacco and his contract.A Glorified Tannehill. Lamar Jackson has so much to learn still. Yet look how they took flight once they got out from under Flacco.

Yep,  thats why I was saying Foles would never get you anything substantial in a trade ... you can say the same thing about him, except he hasn't been overpaid yet ... that part is coming soon    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

  This is why the Pats win, they look at the puzzle as a whole.  

So Joe, What you are saying then is that Belichick is playing chess and everyone else is playing checkers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Why would Jmatt be cheaper ... there is a simple answer for that.   Go ahead and say it.  

He got injured..... We shipped him off to WR he77! 

"He became a free agent and the Pats were all pumped on signing him. One thing that unites him with the three first-rounders, though, is the upside and talent that was attached to his name during the pre-draft process – talent that still exists but needs to be harnessed. The Patriots, unlike any other team in the NFL, have shown an ability to do just that when it comes to players brought aboard. And if the same were to happen with Matthews, New England might have just added a vital but cheap piece of its 2018 offense.”

 But then he pulled his hammy. NE couldn’t afford a guy sitting at the position. Edelman was suspended. They had just traded off Cooks. Amendola Out.  Some one else (was something going on with Hogan?). I can’t remember everything with the beggining of the Pats season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Perfect world for me, Foles to Giants for pick # 37.   Just would love NY fans to have to cheer for Foles, and giving us pick #37 would be awesome.  

IDK thats like giving the gnats our play book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Why would Jmatt be cheaper ... there is a simple answer for that.   Go ahead and say it.  

According to an article I read, JMatt definitely doesn't view himself as a cheaper proposition at wide receiver than the other two slot receivers on the team. Time will tell I guess but JMatt believes he is going to get some good coin now that he is healthy from someone. Rumor has it as the Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

According to an article I read, JMatt definitely doesn't view himself as a cheaper proposition at wide receiver than the other two slot receivers on the team. Time will tell I guess but JMatt believes he is going to get some good coin now that he is healthy from someone. Rumor has it as the Bears.

Raiders too maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Raiders too maybe

Say that because,they have a ton of early draft picks,what they really need is someone with experience,and JMatt would be a nice possession guy for Carr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like to have either Rapp(S) or Butler(WR) in round 2 but I can't decide lol

Like to have BOTH but then Cajuste would be gone(he may be anyway).If he is I'll take them both lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay fans. Which Eagles running back did  you enjoy watching the most between McCoy or Westbrook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay fans. Which Eagles running back did  you enjoy watching the most between McCoy or Westbrook?

Maaaan loved both those guys... they brought different types of lethal. I prefer the BWest to Shady... no dancin you slip BWest was gone. I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay fans. Which Eagles running back did  you enjoy watching the most between McCoy or Westbrook?

Wesite IMO

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay fans. Which Eagles running back did  you enjoy watching the most between McCoy or Westbrook?

Duce wasn't bad either lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver - 16 QB's and nothing. Make that 17 w/ the same result, foolish. A great move for Denver would be getting rid of Elway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for our guys. JMat is that guy you want in the back of the EZ or to move the chains. Ag can break it out, Tate will break it out. Personally I like Tate simply for the moves I've seen him make. Yrs ago for us older guys, a QB would never throe over the middle cause the poor receiver would get creamed. With the spread I'll take the guy who gets the yac and that's Tate. Give him a camp w/ Wentz and they'll have some production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Denver - 16 QB's and nothing. Make that 17 w/ the same result, foolish. A great move for Denver would be getting rid of Elway

Been saying for eons he's  a moron lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

As for our guys. JMat is that guy you want in the back of the EZ or to move the chains. Ag can break it out, Tate will break it out. Personally I like Tate simply for the moves I've seen him make. Yrs ago for us older guys, a QB would never throe over the middle cause the poor receiver would get creamed. With the spread I'll take the guy who gets the yac and that's Tate. Give him a camp w/ Wentz and they'll have some production.

Nah we gave a 3rd for him in "win now" mode" We can get that 3rd back for him,so I do that

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nah we gave a 3rd for him in "win now" mode" We can get that 3rd back for him,so I do that

Unless Ag has "peaked" in his young career,I wanna see if he has more to give

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not always about the Benjamens. Denver's not about winning now and they're drafting a QB. That's their prob as I don't see how Flacco improves them now or in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

 

Maybe Fins would want a fill in on the cheap.I'm sure they will draft one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

It's not always about the Benjamens. Denver's not about winning now and they're drafting a QB. That's their prob as I don't see how Flacco improves them now or in the long run.

They had a nice team until Elway started meddling lol.Besides him sucking rocks,his scouting dept is as lame as they come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now