DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nah we gave a 3rd for him in "win now" mode" We can get that 3rd back for him,so I do that

Unless Ag has "peaked" in his young career,I wanna see if he has more to give

In other words,we got Tate on the cheap.basically he was "rented" so let's get that 3rd back and move on

Don't get me wrong, I want to keep Ag and Tate, then again JMat had a thing going. Can Wentz throw guys in stride? I'm one of the few I guess that's not totally sold on Wentz's ability. I believe he's smart, maybe overthinks and screws himself. Any decent QB can throw to a statue, it's not always the WR's fault that he's not getting yac

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In other words,we got Tate on the cheap.basically he was "rented" so let's get that 3rd back and move on

Foles we can get a third. Graham we can get a third. That would make Tate a 4th...maybe 5th.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't get me wrong, I want to keep Ag and Tate, then again JMat had a thing going. Can Wentz throw guys in stride? I'm one of the few I guess that's not totally sold on Wentz's ability. I believe he's smart, maybe overthinks and screws himself. Any decent QB can throw to a statue, it's not always the WR's fault that he's not getting yac

Yeah wentz has some work to do,he's still young and learning the finer points.And as we know his back was bothering him but the competitor in him wouldn't back off until he had no choice.AG may stay,think tate goes away for that 3rd pick.We want to get younger and with 9 possibly more pick,this is the draft to do it

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Foles we can get a third. Graham we can get a third. That would make Tate a 4th...maybe 5th.

Tate wants a big payday,no reason we can;t get a 3rd.Nooone knows yet how Foles thing will be handled.Still don't think we tag him

SO struggling with Butler(WR) or Rapp(S).If we let Tate walk(which I assume we will cause the eagles have not even contacted him),then I could see us spending a 2nd on Butler

Or like Joe said we bring back DJax

Nope on Foles, esp w/ the tag, he's just gone. Denver would have been smart to take him but it's Elway and that team will never go anywhere w/ an egomaniac.

We just never know how players will work out. Graham's worth keeping like most players - at the right price. Didn't want to let Curry go and he may be back.

Can't listen to the talking heads, they need to keep their names in the headlines. Their "unnamed sources" most likely being themselves and a bottle. Also most of us have never talked or really gotten to know any of these guys and don't really know their motivations. Nothing to do but have our wishes, guesses and wait it out.

Spent $300 at the grocery store, there's nothing to eat

GB - you posted something this am about someone on the board hurting? Anything we can do?

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Spent $300 at the grocery store, there's nothing to eat

No wonder,similar thing here.A "family" size chips" is now only 9.25 ounces(used to be 16).5.00 for a pack of cheese? Grade A large eggs AREN'T. Steaks are insane.Bacon outrageous and on and on

Making some expensive ribeyes for Valentine's day tomorrow - cheaper than eating out and I know it'll be done right. As for earlier post, between the back op and 2 bouts of plantar fasciitis gained a few, so don't put quick food in the frig, actually having yogurt before bed, lost 3 lbs last week. Have a BS in Dietetics, I like telling people what to eat better than doing it, lol!

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Making some expensive ribeyes for Valentine's day tomorrow - cheaper than eating out and I know it'll be done right. As for earlier post, between the back op and 2 bouts of plantar fasciitis gained a few, so don't put quick food in the frig, actually having yogurt before bed, lost 3 lbs last week. Have a BS in Dietetics, I like telling people what to eat better than doing it, lol!

I buy shrimp rings.Love them and cheaper than steaks anyway.Hard to buy steak for one.Can't eat 3 in a multi pack so have to buy one decent sized one lol

Heading in, 2 hrs sleep last night. Was supposed to see a sleep doc up at Harvard this am but they forecasted freezing rain and even I'm not dumb enough to drive in that crap. Have to turn off the electronics early even w/ the no blue screen. Catch you in the am

Yeah - hate the 3 packs! Actually went to the butcher up the road for these. If you're going to spend the money anyway, spend a few more for the good stuff. Don't forget, we have $5.99 lobstah, lunchmeat's 9 bucks/lb! Take it easy.

6 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

According to an article I read, JMatt definitely doesn't view himself as a cheaper proposition at wide receiver than the other two slot receivers on the team. Time will tell I guess but JMatt believes he is going to get some good coin now that he is healthy from someone. Rumor has it as the Bears.

Excellent ... maybe a 5th round comp pick!   Get that coin baby!!!   I hope all our guys that leave get paid well!!  Show them the $$$.  

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Been saying for eons he's  a moron lol

Yep.... getting to 2 SBs and winning one of them .... beating the Pats twice or else they would have gone to like 6 SBs in a row.    IDK, if he is a moron ... what are the other 14 GMs in the AFC who haven't beaten NE in the last 6 years?       

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They had a nice team until Elway started meddling lol.Besides him sucking rocks,his scouting dept is as lame as they come

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/executives/ElwaJo0.htm

IDK.... I'm not following the logic ... dude gets job in 2011 .. .takes over as full GM in 2012....   Wins 13, 13, 12, 12, his first 4 seasons and gets to 2 SBs and wins one of them.       The prior 4 seasons they won 7, 8, 8 & 4 games?   Yeah... Denver was doing awesome until Elway took over????

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

What did you see in 2017 before the injury and after a full offseason of practicing with the guys?     IDK.... I mean, call me crazy to think a couple of torn ligaments and missing months of practice actually matter?    

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Nope on Foles, esp w/ the tag, he's just gone. Denver would have been smart to take him but it's Elway and that team will never go anywhere w/ an egomaniac.

Were you and GBFL not on planet earth from 2011 to 2015?????  You do know Denver won 4 games the season before Elway took a job with them, then went on a nice run for 4 years?   2 SB appearances ... similar to the Eagles from 2004 to 2017 ... except he did it twice in 3 years.  

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/executives/ElwaJo0.htm

IDK.... I'm not following the logic ... dude gets job in 2011 .. .takes over as full GM in 2012....   Wins 13, 13, 12, 12, his first 4 seasons and gets to 2 SBs and wins one of them.       The prior 4 seasons they won 7, 8, 8 & 4 games?   Yeah... Denver was doing awesome until Elway took over????

He can't find  QB to save his butt

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He can't find  QB to save his butt

Oh and who was the QB when they had that little run eh?

I love how the narrative continues to shift. "Wentz holds the ball too long," that's been proven false, "Wentz targets Ertz too much," also proven false, now, it's, "he can't throw guys open." My, my how soon people forget.

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Oh and who was the QB when they had that little run eh?

It doesn't matter who the QB was, Elway was the one that orchestrated all of it. Is he on the hot seat? I think if Flacco fails in Denver, yeah, they should consider changing GM's. But, Manning was a shell of himself in that Super Bowl and the defense won the day. Who was Super Bowl 50 MVP? It wasn't Manning.

Not that I thought the Redskins or Giants were a landing spot for Foles to begin with.

It’s been stated, and must be said again, that Washington is not in the market for a high-priced quarterback -- and certainly not one they would have to acquire in a trade. The Redskins aren’t going to have Alex Smith’s $20.4 million salary-cap hit on the books and then add another quarterback in that price range. They’re not going to cut Smith, and with his future up in the air, they’re not going to tie themselves to another high-priced veteran.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38164/joe-flacco-trade-puts-redskins-in-better-position-to-find-qb

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

It doesn't matter who the QB was, Elway was the one that orchestrated all of it. Is he on the hot seat? I think if Flacco fails in Denver, yeah, they should consider changing GM's. But, Manning was a shell of himself in that Super Bowl and the defense won the day. Who was Super Bowl 50 MVP? It wasn't Manning.

Just saying Peyton's skills would enhance any teams performance.Doesn't make Elway a genius.You can see how he has failed post Manning,and even as a shell of himself he was better than anything Elway has done since