DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cousins and Keenam both generated some serious free agent buzz. Seems like their salaries were so inflated that a reworked deal with Foles will seem like a bargain. But Denver didn’t want to get snake bitten again this offseason by losing out on their guy. The’d rather make the move for Flacco deliberate and purposeful. Like he’s the answer. Than get into a bidding war only to get snubbed again(Cousins). 

Of coarse if you had cap and patience you could hold out until the start of the season. Have another Bradford trade situation arise.

I think elway hasn't been in love with a QB since Manning.    Lynch he traded up for.    So IMO, I think he is shying away or has shyed away from going all in.   Flacco is not an all in... neither was Keenum.   Lynch was the closest thing.      IMO smart move... take the cheaper Flacco that you can get out of his contract next year... then go from there.   Everyone is saying the 2020 draft will have a good amount of QBs.  

57 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think elway hasn't been in love with a QB since Manning.    Lynch he traded up for.    So IMO, I think he is shying away or has shyed away from going all in.   Flacco is not an all in... neither was Keenum.   Lynch was the closest thing.      IMO smart move... take the cheaper Flacco that you can get out of his contract next year... then go from there.   Everyone is saying the 2020 draft will have a good amount of QBs.  

Once the Foles situation is done Keenum as a BU?(depending on price of course)

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Once the Foles situation is done Keenum as a BU?(depending on price of course)

Really like to see Suds,as maybe he's ready for the BU roll.if that's true I could see us drafting a late round QB as the #3(have Jarrett Stidham from Auburn on my mock)

Slated to go late.I feel he would be worth a round 6 selection(He's no Brady.but he's not terrible either)

Welp my latest mocker(not that you care).I decided to put in Butler instead of Rapp,but also putting D'cota Dixon in later(aka switched the WR and S picks) So now rounds 1-6 look like this 1-25) Christian Wilkins-DT-Clemson 2-54) Hakeem Butler-WR-Iowa St. 2-57) Yodney Cajuste-OT-WV 4-127)Bryce Love-RB-Stanford 4-139) D'cota Dixon-S -Wisconsin 5-164) Kendall Joseph-OLB-Clemson 6-199)Trysten Hill-DL-UCF 6-209)Jarrett Stidham-QB-Auburn 6-211)Jahlani Tavai-ILB-Hawaii

No Mas gotta focus on Wentz here though. And having him puts priorty on having a quality backup. Seems likely he will play some. Let’s forget the Foles thing going forward. Wish him well any which way he goes. We’ll get some compensation back for him to add to the team. How strong are we feeling about Suds? Could he be relied on to start four games next season and hope to come out 2-2 at least? 

18 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas gotta focus on Wentz here though. And having him puts priorty on having a quality backup. Seems likely he will play some. Let’s forget the Foles thing going forward. Wish him well any which way he goes. We’ll get some compensation back for him to add to the team. How strong are we feeling about Suds? Could he be relied on to start four games next season and hope to come out 2-2 at least? 

I'm good with Suds the next 2 years... maybe get Foles back if he decides he still wants to play.  I'm still of teh belief Foles is the perfect BACKUP to Wentz.  Not sure he won't want to come back though instead of just retiring.   At this point, you need to go all in with Wentz.  

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp my latest mocker(not that you care).I decided to put in Butler instead of Rapp,but also putting D'cota Dixon in later(aka switched the WR and S picks) So now rounds 1-6 look like this 1-25) Christian Wilkins-DT-Clemson 2-54) Hakeem Butler-WR-Iowa St. 2-57) Yodney Cajuste-OT-WV 4-127)Bryce Love-RB-Stanford 4-139) D'cota Dixon-S -Wisconsin 5-164) Kendall Joseph-OLB-Clemson 6-199)Trysten Hill-DL-UCF 6-209)Jarrett Stidham-QB-Auburn 6-211)Jahlani Tavai-ILB-Hawaii

GBFL, you are aware that Bryce Love tore his acl in his last game of the regular season? That is when you are snake bit. Not sure now where he will go in the draft. He already had his surgery. Would you be interested in still drafting him and putting him on the shelf for a year like they did with CB Jones? Love is another Westbrook in my opinion. This kid is smart as a whip too. Went to Stanford and wants to be a Pediatrician when he is finished playing football.

I wonder how long this article can stay up before the computer takes a dump.

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

GBFL, you are aware that Bryce Love tore his acl in his last game of the regular season? That is when you are snake bit. Not sure now where he will go in the draft. He already had his surgery. Would you be interested in still drafting him and putting him on the shelf for a year like they did with CB Jones? Love is another Westbrook in my opinion. This kid is smart as a whip too. Went to Stanford and wants to be a Pediatrician when he is finished playing football.

Possible IMO.It's not like we haven't drafted inured guys before(Jones for example).I could see us drafting him,and maybe signing a FA on a 2 year.of course if you don;t want to spend that loot in FA,then another viable choice would be needed.I will see whom else is available around that pick,but due to the injury he should fall to where I have him

Wrang-if we go with option 2,then I would select my boy Trayveon Williams at that spot.Runs hard,dont know about him academically,but set many aggie records.Was voted team MVP and he looked very impressive in his final bowl game(226 yards and 3 TD's rushing,and he is also good at catching) At 200 pounds even maybe add a few pounds of muscle,but he's a decent prospect.Of course unless he totally blows the combine lol

Thanks GB, my adblocker won't let it open but there's others - just not much action yet! Would really like the show to start, the re-signings, extensions, cuts etc. Doesn't really get going for a few weeks yet.

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks GB, my adblocker won't let it open but there's others - just not much action yet! Would really like the show to start, the re-signings, extensions, cuts etc. Doesn't really get going for a few weeks yet.

Must have blocks on it cause I couldn't print it either lol

Likin this AAF league so far.The game moves right along.Like a baseball farm league.Good place for "transition" players say from the CFL to go here before trying a stint in the NFL 

12 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Didn't watch today but liked a lot of what I saw last wk - was too curious not to watch! Too busy today.

Another tracker I like, lots to play with;

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/free-agent-tracker/

Another game on right now-CBS sports

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Another game on right now-CBS sports

Sorry NFLN( a bit ironic if you ask me) HAHA

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Recorded a bunch of boxing, which I like almost as much as football

Yeah wonder why they dont have to wear helmets and pads(pfffffft) 

I noticed Shazier was the #1 rated FA LB.

I really hope he doesn't try to play again.