DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I'm with you GB. All we can do is look at potential FA's and draft prospects until we know who's getting resigned, cut, traded, retiring. Caught up on a bunch of boxing last night, movie day w/ Deb today.

Well that and see the news of what other teams are doing

BR thinks we look at Isaiah Crowell.I would have NP with this as he is only 26 and should come fairly cheap

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BR thinks we look at Isaiah Crowell.I would have NP with this as he is only 26 and should come fairly cheap

4.8 YPC which isn't anything that stands out,but think our O lines is better than the Jets

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

4.8 YPC which isn't anything that stands out,but think our O lines is better than the Jets

Pass

In July 2016, following the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, Crowell posted on his Instagram a controversial violent image of a faceless person dressed in black who was slitting the throat of a captive law enforcement officer with a knife; he later had the photo deleted and apologized for his actions.

I like Mike Davis. He had big games when actually given the starting job. 

I also like Jalen Richard. He’s restricted though with the Raiders. Richard is that more third down back.

I’d be cool with those two combo—ing it. Let Clement, Smalls and Adams battle for the last spot. Maybe carry a fourth. Very cheap way of going about it. Davis and Richard should be cheap and nothing was invested in the undrafted Clement and Adams. Obviously I’d rather have an elite stud. Not against that if we can swing it. By going the Affodable route by committee I would expect the rest of the team to be fairly stacked at all the other positions.

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like Mike Davis. He had big games when actually given the starting job. 

I also like Jalen Richard. He’s restricted though with the Raiders. Richard is that more third down back.

I’d be cool with those two combo—ing it. Let Clement, Smalls and Adams battle for the last spot. Maybe carry a fourth. Very cheap way of going about it. Davis and Richard should be cheap and nothing was invested in the undrafted Clement and Adams. Obviously I’d rather have an elite stud. Not against that if we can swing it. By going the Affodable route by committee I would expect the rest of the team to be fairly stacked at all the other positions.

Oh yeah we have to carry at least 4.Got bashed for saying we should keep 5,but we did.Wondering if Sproles gives it another go.It seems he will or he would have announced his retirement.I wasn't aware of Crowell's BS,so we can find better.There are a few worthy RB's to grab fairly cheap.Just need that 3rd and 1 pounder so thought Crowell would fit the bill

Sheil KapadiaVerified account @SheilKapadia 36m36 minutes ago

This is a good free agent class for teams that need pass-rush or safety help. Not so much for WR, CB. Table here shows top five pass rushers ranked by sack/QB hit per pass rush opportunity over the last two years. Full list of top-50 free agents: https://goo.gl/pE4RH8 

Dzxyc6TWoAAx3rp.jpg

Wrangler asked who we as fans preferred, Westbrook or Shady.  That's too tough of a question. I have both of their jerseys.  RBs has been a favorite position of mine for the Eagles from day 1 of becoming a fan with Montgomery.  Westbrook vs Shady. Maybe Westbrook by a tiny, tiny bit, but I was PISSED when idiot Chipper gave Shady away for a broken down, average LB.  Stupidest move ever, outside of letting Reggie White go!

As far as Elway goes.  Who cares. I thought he was an average QB that played on a few great teams.  He threw the ball in the dirt for 3 quarters and then had a drive or two late that helped them win.  Uh, if not for the defense keeping you in the game, those drives would not have mattered.  Not a fan of HIS ARROGANCY!  And I can't stand the Donkeys.  Too many of those fans here given that Boise State shares their mascot and colors. I think I just threw up in my mouth.  The Donkeys rate just below the Cowpies, Midgets, Deadskins for me.

Lastly, is there REALLY  a market to sign Foles for $25 million?  The Eagles would be taking a HUGE, unnecessary risk to tag and sign him for $25 million and then NOT be able to trade him with that contract.  So just let him go. Yeah, I want something for him too.  But other GMs aren't stupid are they?

Seems lots of people want the Eagles to trade for Fournette. Why?  He sure acts like a player that plays when he wants to and has been a disappointment for the team that drafted him.  They don't want him.  What does that tell you?  The Eagles want Foles, but Foles wants to be a starter. That's a whole different reason for parting with a player.

Cook, Fournette hasn’t had enough time in the league to be judged yet. He got injured(it happens). And he’s been great(when everybody expected run). He left the bench and got in a fight protecting his teammate. Not the best decision. But it shouldn’t be as damning as Coughlin made it. He’s a bada77! Elite athlete that would thrive in this culture here. After saying all that i see it as very unlikely we could pull off snagging him from them.

So today... first day the tags can be used.   I believe tomorrow is the official last day where Foles would be on the books.  Things are getting there.  Next week with the combine I expect a decent amount of news around the league.   Maybe a few players get cut this week???

News on Agholor and Jernigan should be coming soon.  

Cousins got 28 mil per all guaranteed. I believe Foles is better than him. But the belief would be that Foles would be willing to sign a long term contract once traded for. It’s the NFL...you don’t get your money until you get your money. I think every team in Florida should easily give up a third rounder to bring in Foles. Wash and Giants should as well. Denver should have(they whiffed). And all that is not even bringing up that a QB will get hurt in preseason creating a potential Bradford-esque trade situation.

But Rosie is the one that knows the market situation for Foles. I’m not sure having a deal with only one suitor is enough to take that risk. Multiple options and it’s a no brainer.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cousins got 28 mil per all guaranteed. I believe Foles is better than him. But the belief would be that Foles would be willing to sign a long term contract once traded for. It’s the NFL...you don’t get your money until you get your money. I think every team in Florida should easily give up a third rounder to bring in Foles. Wash and Giants should as well. Denver should have(they whiffed). And all that is not even bringing up that a QB will get hurt in preseason creating a potential Bradford-esque trade situation.

But Rosie is the one that knows the market situation for Foles. I’m not sure having a deal with only one suitor is enough to take that risk. Multiple options and it’s a no brainer.

IDK, I think you only need one deal that is agreed upon from all 3 parties and it works.  did Baltimore officially trade Flacco to Denver yet?  No, but we know its a done deal.    I think same would be done with Foles.   Contract already agreed upon with new team and trade already agreed upon with Eagles.    No tag then trade... its agree on a trade, then tag to trade.    I don't see it happening other than Jax, who I think is the only team that can say they are legit just a QB away for the most part... go for it in the next 2 seasons.  I don't think that fits with any other team.   I also think the Eagles would have to take Bortles in the trade to make it worth it for Jax.   I don't see any other team pressed to have to unload anyone or forced to give up picks for Foles (who I think they would all view as a bridge QB, compared to Jax viewing him as a possible solution to potentially competing for a title)