DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

No Mas those other teams have employees that would like to remain employed. Most need wins to do so. We gave up a third rounder for Tate for half a season. Not thinking that’s much of a price to pay for a starting QB.

Take TB for example. You think Arians is formulating a ten year plan? He77 no! He’s trying to win now. He wants to walk in and turn that ship around.

What are the alternatives to Foles? I think I could easily make the case that he’s a better option than a fourth of the league currently has. And he isn’t over the hill short term solution.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No Mas those other teams have employees that would like to remain employed. Most need wins to do so. We gave up a third rounder for Tate for half a season. Not thinking that’s much of a price to pay for a starting QB.

Take TB for example. You think Arians is formulating a ten year plan? He77 no! He’s trying to win now. He wants to walk in and turn that ship around.

What are the alternatives to Foles? I think I could easily make the case that he’s a better option than a fourth of the league currently has. And he isn’t over the hill short term solution.

Ham, I just think you value Foles more than the GMs around the NFL.   The mist isn't there for them.   I think you could easily make the case that February weather in the Philly area is better than Florida.... you are that good at spin... as the example of the brutally underthrown INT... you had it turned around to where the CB was genius and made an all time play and that it was Ertz fault.   I don't think these GMs want to work that hard to justify Foles.  He isn't a cult hero to them or their fans.    They have to look at the good and the bad... and the potential.   Yes YOU could make any case you want.   Not sure than means anything?  

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sheil KapadiaVerified account @SheilKapadia 36m36 minutes ago

This is a good free agent class for teams that need pass-rush or safety help. Not so much for WR, CB. Table here shows top five pass rushers ranked by sack/QB hit per pass rush opportunity over the last two years. Full list of top-50 free agents: https://goo.gl/pE4RH8 

Dzxyc6TWoAAx3rp.jpg

Made it plain long ago I would like to have Ansah lol

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK, I think you only need one deal that is agreed upon from all 3 parties and it works.  did Baltimore officially trade Flacco to Denver yet?  No, but we know its a done deal.    I think same would be done with Foles.   Contract already agreed upon with new team and trade already agreed upon with Eagles.    No tag then trade... its agree on a trade, then tag to trade.    I don't see it happening other than Jax, who I think is the only team that can say they are legit just a QB away for the most part... go for it in the next 2 seasons.  I don't think that fits with any other team.   I also think the Eagles would have to take Bortles in the trade to make it worth it for Jax.   I don't see any other team pressed to have to unload anyone or forced to give up picks for Foles (who I think they would all view as a bridge QB, compared to Jax viewing him as a possible solution to potentially competing for a title)   

Personally I would be ok with Bortles as a BU,then again we seem to like Suds and that would be a snub to him.If I got Bortles,I would try to peddle him

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ham, I just think you value Foles more than the GMs around the NFL.   The mist isn't there for them.   I think you could easily make the case that February weather in the Philly area is better than Florida.... you are that good at spin... as the example of the brutally underthrown INT... you had it turned around to where the CB was genius and made an all time play and that it was Ertz fault.   I don't think these GMs want to work that hard to justify Foles.  He isn't a cult hero to them or their fans.    They have to look at the good and the bad... and the potential.   Yes YOU could make any case you want.   Not sure than means anything?  

Just FYI the NFL has Foles listed as the #4 FA grab,so apparently they think he's worth something.Also AZ may be looking at replacing Rosen and Foles has ties out west. AZ isn't all that terrible.A last hurrah for Fitzgerald out there? Foles would have a nice weapon.I would also assume AZ will draft a QB,but they need help right away and Foles provides that

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah they have alot of players to pay,they won't be keeping them all,they will lose a few lol

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just FYI the NFL has Foles listed as the #4 FA grab,so apparently they think he's worth something.Also AZ may be looking at replacing Rosen and Foles has ties out west. AZ isn't all that terrible.A last hurrah for Fitzgerald out there? Foles would have a nice weapon.I would also assume AZ will draft a QB,but they need help right away and Foles provides that

At any rate,I feel AZ is a better team than their 3-13 record last year.Think Rosen didn't perform as well as they had hoped

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/joshrosen/2560858/careerstats    My arguement for AZ being in play lol

SO getting Foles with Rosen still on his rookie contract gives them a NOW guy, as well as a future QB if they choose to keep Rosen around.It would at least buy them time as to what to do with Rosen going forward

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

SO getting Foles with Rosen still on his rookie contract gives them a NOW guy, as well as a future QB if they choose to keep Rosen around.It would at least buy them time as to what to do with Rosen going forward

Sure.... again though... I'm not worried about teams that would look at Foles as a possibility in FREE AGENCY .... the trade is the idea.   That's a different conversation when it involves having to give up something for a player.  

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sure.... again though... I'm not worried about teams that would look at Foles as a possibility in FREE AGENCY .... the trade is the idea.   That's a different conversation when it involves having to give up something for a player.  

Yeah depends on the desperation factor.They have DJ Humhpries(OT) who will cost them 9 mil,and not worth it,so losing him will save 9 mil cap($0 dead money).That would free up enough loot to sign Foles outright(they have 20 mil) without giving any picks up.A few more cuts and or contract re-do's and they have enough to pay their new rooks.Just saying I can't count them out yet

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah depends on the desperation factor.They have DJ Humhpries(OT) who will cost them 9 mil,and not worth it,so losing him will save 9 mil cap($0 dead money).That would free up enough loot to sign Foles outright(they have 20 mil) without giving any picks up.A few more cuts and or contract re-do's and they have enough to pay their new rooks.Just saying I can't count them out yet

So as far as they go they COULD pay the 25 mil if we tagged him.Depends on what AZ FO feels is justified

From the "does not make sense" portion of that Lawrence article, he's refusing to have needed shoulder surgery until he has a new deal in place ????????????

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

From the "does not make sense" portion of that Lawrence article, he's refusing to have needed shoulder surgery until he has a new deal in place ????????????

Yeah was SMH there also

20 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Once the league year ends ... and 2019 starts ... he wouldn't be able to rehab at the team facility or on the team's $$$.   Will be the same for Darby and Ajayi unless they sign with a team.  

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Once the league year ends ... and 2019 starts ... he wouldn't be able to rehab at the team facility or on the team's $$$.   Will be the same for Darby and Ajayi unless they sign with a team.  

IDK dont know whats wrong,but really if Im investing big loot,I'd like to know the surgery went well before I commit

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK dont know whats wrong,but really if Im investing big loot,I'd like to know the surgery went well before I commit

AKA catch 22 lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

AKA catch 22 lol

See, thats why you gotta love our situation.    The drama here is that a good back up QB is leaving and what will we get for him?   Around the league there is all sorts of dumb drama.   LOL

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

See, thats why you gotta love our situation.    The drama here is that a good back up QB is leaving and what will we get for him?   Around the league there is all sorts of dumb drama.   LOL

Well he's not going to be a BU but a starter and that's where the drama/value lie 

Would love to see the Steelers trade AB to a team that in no way can win in the next 5 yrs. Dude's a loony

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Would love to see the Steelers trade AB to a team that in no way can win in the next 5 yrs. Dude's a loony

Colts have lotsa loot,I could see them making a bid

This kid is growing on me.We would need to spend a 2nd on him.Love his agility and his "burst" Think he would fit well with our RBBC approach(he can catch too)

17 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Why does it always seem to be WRs?