DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Here's what Ham is referring to

Yeah... I'm not saying anything about Ham .... I'm saying the story in general seems a little fishy.  I understand that part about Collins doing his thing... makes sense even if he was told to expect a tag, maybe he doesn't want a tag?  Maybe he wants to get a new contract, and this is his way of getting it out there.   My point is why does he have stuff in a locker there... NOW?   Who did he go see in the facility ... NOW.  Today?    IDK, just weird the timing?  ... not the idea of him thinking he won't be a Giant... just the method and actions that supposedly took place ... TODAY?

There’s also concern on One Jets Drive about how much tread the 27-year-old Bell has left on his tires given his 1,635 touches in five seasons.

Then there’s this: Word on the street is that Bell, who’s playing weight is about 225 pounds, ballooned to around 260 pounds during year-long hiatus. There’s a fair amount of concern from the Jets about what kind of shape he’s in at the moment. (You’d have to think that Bell has lost most of his extra baggage by now).

All that being said, the Jets would take Bell at the right price. What exactly is that price? Well, my understanding is that he’s looking for a deal that pockets $48 million in the first three years.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-mailbag-bell-brown-20190220-story.html

Hi folks, I can insinuate with the best sports writers. Who would you rather have for Saint Nick? Jalen Ramsey or Landon Collins? LOL

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Hi folks, I can insinuate with the best sports writers. Who would you rather have for Saint Nick? Jalen Ramsey or Landon Collins? LOL

Ramsey, then I can get Collins in FA.     Still would love to go Foles for Bortles and pick #69.   Then we can release Bortles.   Saves Jax some $$, and would be some incentive to make a trade for Foles instead of wating to sign him as a FA (like I think all other teams would do)   

Saw that the other day. Also read somewhere those coming back from that surgery only perform at 83% of their earlier capacity on avg, it's a shame.

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

These inside guys just seem to want to throw things out there just to make news themselves.... come on now.  We are going to pay a RB and then tag Foles and wait for a trade...what do we cut the whole team to make cap room?    LOL

Tabula Rasa HAHA

Boring time of year,yet still kinda fun watching "sources" try to gain their 15 minutes of fame.So since I am a "source" in some kind of capacity,I will report that the Eagles have signed Brett Favre,Tony Romo and Peyton Manning as a QB's for 500,000 a year each. Doesn't mean it's true.but I'm gonna put it out there anyway because I am a "source"(for BS but that has no bearing)

Yep, the big moves are happening!

Combine coming up, that's when moves are talked about, all hush hush of course as "legal" tampering isn't until March 11th. Franchise period also ends the day after the combine, 4pm March 5th. Will be an interesting few weeks.

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Robert Kraft-Pats owner busted for complicity in prostitution in FL-HAHA

Oh how the mighty ship is about to SINK!

Reportedly the Eagles are in the worst cap shape of any team in the league right now.  Collins isn't happening. The Giants will never let him walk. He will get tagged if they don't work out a long term deal. Period.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-in-prostitution-ring-11550855207

59 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Reportedly the Eagles are in the worst cap shape of any team in the league right now.  Collins isn't happening. The Giants will never let him walk. He will get tagged if they don't work out a long term deal. Period.

They stopped even negotiating