DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, senhorcook said:

Reportedly the Eagles are in the worst cap shape of any team in the league right now.  Collins isn't happening. The Giants will never let him walk. He will get tagged if they don't work out a long term deal. Period.

But I agree. Doesn’t make much sense for us. He is going to be pissed if tagged though(he made that very apparent). So they might be better off letting him walk and receiving a nice Comp pick....than paying big money to a disgruntled employee in the locker room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, senhorcook said:

Oh how the mighty ship is about to SINK!

SHould be interesting as to what the league does about this(if anything)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the local TV stations are now saying that Kraft is also being charged with human trafficking. That's a lot more serious than the prostitution charge if true.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1wrangler said:

Some of the local TV stations are now saying that Kraft is also being charged with human trafficking. That's a lot more serious than the prostitution charge if true.

 

You bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Some of the local TV stations are now saying that Kraft is also being charged with human trafficking. That's a lot more serious than the prostitution charge if true.

 

I’ve only seen misdemeanor solicitation. But if he was the mastermind(or funded) the whole operation that’s completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike sneaker blows out causing injury to basketball player.I remember we were lucky to just have SHOES.No way do I pay 400.00 for shoes

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nike sneaker blows out causing injury to basketball player.I remember we were lucky to just have SHOES.No way do I pay 400.00 for shoes

I hope they get sued to H and back-Just DO IT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 2 comp picks ..... for Burton and Allen.    The 6th rounder we were supposed to get for Patrick Robinson was cancelled out due to lack of playing time ... (injury)       This is why you can see where they would prefer to trade Foles if they can... for a guaranteed pick. If he signs for $30 million and gets injured early in the year... it turns into SQUAT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Only 2 comp picks ..... for Burton and Allen.    The 6th rounder we were supposed to get for Patrick Robinson was cancelled out due to lack of playing time ... (injury)       This is why you can see where they would prefer to trade Foles if they can... for a guaranteed pick. If he signs for $30 million and gets injured early in the year... it turns into SQUAT!

This will be tricky,have to trust the Howie magician

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Elliott and Lovato have been re-signed through 2019. Chris Maragos has been released.

Any news on Jernigan yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO 8 picks instead of 9.Losing a 6th isn't the end of the world.Like to have it,but we're ok as far as the draft goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

SO 8 picks instead of 9.Losing a 6th isn't the end of the world.Like to have it,but we're ok as far as the draft goes

What we lost was pick 211,which was the least of the 6 picks,so not too bad a loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Concerning Kraft: I guess that was the best a man could get

I read a report that said these women were charging 59 to 79 dollars.

I suspect they weren't the best he could get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

I read a report that said these women were charging 59 to 79 dollars.

I suspect they weren't the best he could get.

Maybe he should give up the Gillette sponsorship then(you know since the Pats play in Gillette Stadium and their saying is: the best a man can get)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Maybe he should give up the Gillette sponsorship then(you know since the Pats play in Gillette Stadium and their saying is: the best a man can get)...

hehe. I caught the reference the first time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2021 could be a new labor deal in place for the collective bargaining. Very likely will be. This effects us massively. We only have Wentz under contract for 2020. You have to think the players don’t like the franchise tag situation. Probably going to be a big sticking point for them. Also they want fully guaranteed contracts. We could be facing 45 mil per fully guaranteed to keep Wentz. And we might not have a tag available(or at least not like it exists today). This is a potential major clusterfu69.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

2021 could be a new labor deal in place for the collective bargaining. Very likely will be. This effects us massively. We only have Wentz under contract for 2020. You have to think the players don’t like the franchise tag situation. Probably going to be a big sticking point for them. Also they want fully guaranteed contracts. We could be facing 45 mil per fully guaranteed to keep Wentz. And we might not have a tag available(or at least not like it exists today). This is a potential major clusterfu69.

Suspect we re-do his contract after the '19 season

3 hours ago, ASG15 said:

hehe. I caught the reference the first time

Maybe he went to see about getting his balls deflated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

2021 could be a new labor deal in place for the collective bargaining. Very likely will be. This effects us massively. We only have Wentz under contract for 2020. You have to think the players don’t like the franchise tag situation. Probably going to be a big sticking point for them. Also they want fully guaranteed contracts. We could be facing 45 mil per fully guaranteed to keep Wentz. And we might not have a tag available(or at least not like it exists today). This is a potential major clusterfu69.

Here is the argument against it ..... (And part of this is me making fun of some people with sarcasm)

1.  Wentz is injury prone
2.  Wentz isn't liked by his teammates
3.  Wentz holds the ball too long
4.  Wentz worries about his stats so he audibles out of run plays
5.  Wentz doesn't throw accurately for YAC
6.  If Wentz would get $45 mil .. what would a truly great QB like Foles get?

For real though

1.  forget 2021 ... Most likely Wentz gets extension this year ... if not during next offseason so they don't have to eat that 5th year in total vs the cap

2.  $45 mil ... I would assume then he wins 2 MVPs and 2 SBs if he is worth that much?    If not, what would other QBs be worth?  

3.  We have Howie ... excellent vs the cap... had to dig out of both Banner messing up at the end, and Chip messing up at the end.  

4.  Look around ... we will have some other contracts coming off the books by then.. cap situation will flip back around.  

In reality ... look for an extension to be in place through 2024 or 2025 at this time next year if not sooner.  My guess... less than $30 mil per year... when looking at the cap hits starting 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now