DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Pass rushers are more important than WR's who are fast and don't pan out because of injuries etc. That's an apples to oranges comparison

Oh you were talking about Thomas Davis but got his position wrong he is a LB and a 4-3 OLB at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mecole Hardman could be an interesting draft choice. Day three draftee. Instantly would work him into becoming a potential elite return man. Has some of that Darren Sproles/Golden Tate potential. Fast and elusive. To start you just get the ball in his hands. Then develop his route tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Who said the Eagles were cutting Agholor?

Please show me where I said that, I'll wait. Right, I never said Agholor would be traded for a stud pass rusher, try reading. You're the one that mentioned Thomas Davis and insisted I would've given up on him based off the information given on John Ross. For the record, I never gave up Brandon Graham either, hence the reason I said pass rushers are more important than an injury prone WR that can run fast.

I already stated I would cut him.  He hasn't done enough to warrant a long term deal and I wouldn't keep him for 9 million. If he wants to sign a 2 year 7 million dollar contract I would talk about it but otherwise I let him walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America's Prison Team, dropping like flies;

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Dallas defensive tackle David Irving is under evaluation from the NFL for a potential suspension, league sources told ESPN on Tuesday. Irving was suspended for the start of the past two seasons for a violation of the NFL's drug policy.

3:31 PM - 26 Feb 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

America's Prison Team, dropping like flies;

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Dallas defensive tackle David Irving is under evaluation from the NFL for a potential suspension, league sources told ESPN on Tuesday. Irving was suspended for the start of the past two seasons for a violation of the NFL's drug policy.

3:31 PM - 26 Feb 2019

Him and Randy Gregory both in the same day ouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they need Zeke to beat up another girl for the trifecta. Uncle Jerruh will make the girl rich and it'll go away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

injury prone WR that can run fast

I love how you keep saying that but you don't get drafted 9th overall all just cause you can run fast unless the late Al Davis is the GM he had more than just speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely with another substance abuse policy violation 

What a dope. 

Wait until your career is over than toke up all you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I love how you keep saying that but you don't get drafted 9th overall all just cause you can run fast unless the late Al Davis is the GM he had more than just speed. 

He had injury, size and route running concerns coming into the combine/draft and hurt himself running his 40 time.

Quote

Coming into the draft, Washington Huskies receiver John Ross was viewed as a first-round prospect, though one that should have gone in the mid-to-latter part of Round 1. In fact, Ross was someone who wasn’t even getting a lot of first-round projections until his record-breaking 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine. His 4.22 time broke Chris Johnson’s previous combine record, and it put Ross in the top-10 discussion.

During his final college season, Ross caught 81 passes for 1,150 yards and 17 touchdowns as one of the most explosive players in college football. But while that was a great season, it was the only one in which Ross made a major impact.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/18/15642666/assessing-value-bengals-john-ross

But yeah sure, dismiss him running fast as a factor of being taken 9th overall all you want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

He had injury, size and route running concerns coming into the combine/draft and hurt himself running his 40 time.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/5/18/15642666/assessing-value-bengals-john-ross

But yeah sure, dismiss him running fast as a factor of being taken 9th overall all you want.

 

I didn't say it wasn't a factor but it wasn't the only factor. He was still one of the top prospects not like he was a nobody that couldn't play except he was fast. He had shown a lot of ability but was still raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Another mock I've been working on big changes in this one.

25. Josh Jacobs RB Alabama 

53. Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi St

57. Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina 

127. Shareef Miller DE Penn St

138. Christian Miller ILB Alabama 

163. Max Scharping G Northern Illinois 

198. Mike Edwards S Kentucky 

209. Jordan Brown CB South Dakota St (one more drop in the small school bucket)

I would be "ok" with this.I just don't see us taking a RB in 1. It's not like Jacobs is the next Barkley/Zeke/Bell. If he was I would be all for it.I'm sure we add a RB,just don't believe it will be at 25. am struggling right now with my mock trying to find the best RB in round 4 as my first 3 are Lawrence(want Wilkins but doubt he will be there that late),Cajuste(LOT) and Butler(WR).There are a few RB picks that we can get in 4,but tough knowing which is better as all have good and bad points.Most RB's seem to be a bit undersized in the weight dept. and we need a banger type.So I am still working on that pick(and "pro" mocks" are all over the place as usual).I will see if any I like standout at the combine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, downwithdallas said:

I didn't say it wasn't a factor but it wasn't the only factor. He was still one of the top prospects not like he was a nobody that couldn't play except he was fast. He had shown a lot of ability but was still raw.

And I never said all he could do was run fast, however as I said, injury, size and route running concerns were all talked about with Ross and there were some that thought he'd be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick because of that. It wasn't until he ran that 4.22 that people started talking about him being a high first round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the WR front.If Agholor has any heart,he will re-do a team friendly deal given we gave him 2 years of "wait time" to work out his "issues".I know it's a money game,still we kept him on the payroll despite his drops and ineffectiveness.he should pay us back lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

STRENGTHS

 Has home-run gear to yank the top off of defenses. Vertical speed demands respect and creates open throws underneath. Corners open hips early to turn and sprint, leaving his curl and dig routes unchallenged. Feet are fire. On verticals from the slot, sells the corner route and stems to the post with a burst for easy separation and a comfortable throwing window for the quarterback. Hands are generally solid. Plus hand-eye coordination. Natural ball-tracker who locates the deep ball early and watches it. Dangerous show-and-go open-field ability after the catch. Able to win with slants or fades near the goal line. Eludes the first tackler and can turn a short one into a long one in a heartbeat. Has enough size to work from outside or from the slot. Saw four of his eight carries go for 15-plus yards. Has returned at least one kickoff for a touchdown in each of his three years at Washington.

WEAKNESSES

 Undersized with below-average play strength. Struggled to get into his routes cleanly and impact the game against the physical cornerbacks at Alabama. Weight will creep too far out over his toes at times. Tape shows occasional stumbles over nothing but turf in his routes and after the catch. Needs to do better job of working back to the throw. Has to learn to make contested catches. Will need to sharpen his short and intermediate routes to become a true three-level target. Has had a major injury to both knees. The long-term health of both knees will be a concern that has to be answered at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/john-ross?id=2558010

He was held out of practice last season with a knee injury, the guy can't stay healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

On the WR front.If Agholor has any heart,he will re-do a team friendly deal given we gave him 2 years of "wait time" to work out his "issues".I know it's a money game,still we kept him on the payroll despite his drops and ineffectiveness.he should pay us back lol

:roll: That's laughable.

There is no re-doing a deal on his side. The Eagles either A) keep him at the $9.3 million 5th year option, B.) sign him to an extension or C) decline the option before it becomes guaranteed making him an FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would be "ok" with this.I just don't see us taking a RB in 1. It's not like Jacobs is the next Barkley/Zeke/Bell. If he was I would be all for it.I'm sure we add a RB,just don't believe it will be at 25. am struggling right now with my mock trying to find the best RB in round 4 as my first 3 are Lawrence(want Wilkins but doubt he will be there that late),Cajuste(LOT) and Butler(WR).There are a few RB picks that we can get in 4,but tough knowing which is better as all have good and bad points.Most RB's seem to be a bit undersized in the weight dept. and we need a banger type.So I am still working on that pick(and "pro" mocks" are all over the place as usual).I will see if any I like standout at the combine

OH and still believe we pick up another FA RB.Ajayi wasn't terrible,just never got on the field,but we don't need another injury at our main RB spot(and Ajayi has trouble here).Ingrahm???

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll: That's laughable.

There is no re-doing a deal on his side. The Eagles either A) keep him at the $9.3 million 5th year option, B.) sign him to an extension or C) decline the option before it becomes guaranteed making him an FA.

SO why can't we sign him to a team friendly extension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you feel the B option is laughable,but it's still an option-so whatever.sorry I post on here,I will try not to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would be "ok" with this.I just don't see us taking a RB in 1. It's not like Jacobs is the next Barkley/Zeke/Bell. If he was I would be all for it.I'm sure we add a RB,just don't believe it will be at 25. am struggling right now with my mock trying to find the best RB in round 4 as my first 3 are Lawrence(want Wilkins but doubt he will be there that late),Cajuste(LOT) and Butler(WR).There are a few RB picks that we can get in 4,but tough knowing which is better as all have good and bad points.Most RB's seem to be a bit undersized in the weight dept. and we need a banger type.So I am still working on that pick(and "pro" mocks" are all over the place as usual).I will see if any I like standout at the combine

We need a banger back that's why I like Jacob. He isn't afraid to put his head down and I'm sure he will relish the idea of hitting those LBs in pass protection and be a willing blocker. He could play receiver the guy has great hands. I want to see his 40 time. He doesn't have that top end break away speed but he gets there quickly. And he has a little wiggle in him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll: That's laughable.

There is no re-doing a deal on his side. The Eagles either A) keep him at the $9.3 million 5th year option, B.) sign him to an extension or C) decline the option before it becomes guaranteed making him an FA.

Like I said I would trade him to someone willing to take him off your hands and why not get something for in the process. The contract was meant to be laughable because I'm not paying him a penny over 3rd string money because of his one year of good stats. I would rather take a chance on a guy that is getting 4th string money that I can cut if I don't like what I see. At least I got to look instead of just cutting him and getting nothing in return. Doesn't cost us anything to look at him if he is worth it we keep him around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sorry you feel the B option is laughable,but it's still an option-so whatever.sorry I post on here,I will try not to

No it's laughable to suggest that "If Agholor has any heart"

:roll: Some of you are very sensitive.

19 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Like I said I would trade him to someone willing to take him off your hands and why not get something for in the process. The contract was meant to be laughable because I'm not paying him a penny over 3rd string money because of his one year of good stats. I would rather take a chance on a guy that is getting 4th string money that I can cut if I don't like what I see. At least I got to look instead of just cutting him and getting nothing in return. Doesn't cost us anything to look at him if he is worth it we keep him around. 

Yeah well you don't have to pay him anything, thankfully you're not in the FO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

SO why can't we sign him to a team friendly extension?

You're the one who suggested it was up to him and said "if Agholor has any heart" 

It's more to do with the organization than it is him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles aren't very likely to draft a RB in the first round, they haven't taken one in the first in nearly 35 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

The Eagles aren't very likely to draft a RB in the first round, they haven't taken one in the first in nearly 35 years.

I know that everyone knows that but where we sit in the first rd is a bad spot. We have to hope one of the defensive linemen fall to us or reach for a guy and take him early ie. Brian Burns or Zach Allen. So if Dline is gone and I don't think any of the Oline guys I want are still on the board. There isn't really any LBs at that spot and I don't see us going CB not that we couldn't but are any of the top 3 there. That leaves us S, WR, RB since we don't need TE or QB. All 3 we don't really take in the 1st rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who do you like between Ross and Perriman?  Just trying to keep the pot boiling fans! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

No it's laughable to suggest that "If Agholor has any heart"

:roll: Some of you are very sensitive.

Yeah well you don't have to pay him anything, thankfully you're not in the FO.

Oh no you have to pay him offseason money just like everyone else on the team. I don't think they would mind. Or maybe we should trade Agholor for D Jax at 10 million or Kenny Stills due 14 for the next 2 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now