DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So who do you like between Ross and Perriman?  Just trying to keep the pot boiling fans! lol

I don't like either but if I had to choose I would pick Ross. He has more upside imo plus I've never liked Perriman lol

agholor to the Stillers ... for Antonia Brown.   Redo Brown's contract.

Sign vet FA RB 

Draft ... probably move up in round one as one or two of targets slide down.   My guess, Eagles will select 19th to 22nd.   Most likely take a lineman.    Get the other line with the next pick.    Won't have the other 2nd rounder due to the trade up.    But probably add an additional 5th in that same trade.  

Wentz, Brown, Alshon and Ertz....  HOLLA!  

I like Ham's guy on day three... has a cool name.     Sign John Ross after he gets cut for a tryout.    

Trade Foles to the Giants for their first round draft pick... then they don't to waste a draft pick on a QB, and can save money releasing Manning.   Sure Foles makes the the Superbowl favorite, because he is the best ever...he beat Tom Brady afterall.... but we get a good draft pick.  The Giants would do that in a heartbeat.  

Probably everything in this post is just tto crazy though ... except I do think Ham's guy has a kool name.     

Zach Berman‏Verified account @ZBerm

Busy day in Indy for the combine includes first Eagles press conferences since the week after the season. Howie Roseman speaks to reporters at 12:30, and Doug Pederson follows at 12:45. Follow along for updates.

Dem boyz knew Randy Gregory was getting suspended back in Aug. Why was he allowed to play the rest of the season? Only thing I can think of is because he didn't appeal, making things simpler. With 3 previous suspensions he goes and violates his reinstatement yet again! Rules are rules, if you're not going to enforce them you become unruly. Stinks of the NFL helping dem boyz for ratings. People want clarity, the NFL obfuscates. At least we finally know what a catch is - kinda.

13 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

You're the one who suggested it was up to him and said "if Agholor has any heart" 

It's more to do with the organization than it is him.

Brady does it for the Pats,but Ag can't ok got it

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Sign vet FA RB 

Draft ... probably move up in round one as one or two of targets slide down.   My guess, Eagles will select 19th to 22nd.   Most likely take a lineman.    Get the other line with the next pick.    Won't have the other 2nd rounder due to the trade up.    But probably add an additional 5th in that same trade.  

I like Ham's guy on day three... has a cool name.     Sign John Ross after he gets cut for a tryout.    

Trade Foles to the Giants for their first round draft pick... then they don't to waste a draft pick on a QB, and can save money releasing Manning.   Sure Foles makes the the Superbowl favorite, because he is the best ever...he beat Tom Brady afterall.... but we get a good draft pick.  The Giants would do that in a heartbeat.  

Probably everything in this post is just tto crazy though ... except I do think Ham's guy has a kool name.     

Thats what I have Joe- Lawrence for the D and Cajuste for the O.That gives us some future young players on BOTH lines,then Butler.We'd have him 4 years.Re-do AG's deal That gives us Alshon,Hollins,AG and Butler.I can think of worse receiving groups and we can spend what little cap we have on other positions of need(LB maybe?).Think we go RB in 4 and as you said grab a FA RB.

13 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Also you need to sign Perriman and I think he costs more

DWD Jacobs I would be ok with,he;s just not a first stud IMO(Bark,Zeke etc).Damien Harris(same team) can possibly be had even  2 depending how it plays out.Still a power guy who may have been overshadowed a bit by jacobs?

15 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Now they need Zeke to beat up another girl for the trifecta. Uncle Jerruh will make the girl rich and it'll go away

Or they can take Hunt,oh wait! The Clowns already claimed him lol

If Harris not available,and we want a RB in 2,then I'd look at this guy.I would have to give up Butler(WR) on my mock to fit him in at that spot 

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Brady does it for the Pats,but Ag can't ok got it

Yeah, sure he does, if you believe that, I have a few bridges for sale, buy one, get one 40% off, just in time for Easter.

Tommy Boy gets his money from the Patriots through other avenues, this is not breaking news.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Sign vet FA RB 

:roll: This stuff keeps me coming back. Antonia is probably a better name for him at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah, sure he does, if you believe that, I have a few bridges for sale, buy one, get one 40% off, just in time for Easter.

Tommy Boy gets his money from the Patriots through other avenues, this is not breaking news.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/

Sure he's famous,AG isn't,but the theory is the same.Help your team when they need it.We gave AG 2 years to "develop"(while paying round 1pick rates) Other players re-structure too,this isn't breaking news either

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sure he's famous,AG isn't,but the theory is the same.Help your team when they need it.We gave AG 2 years to "develop" Other players re-structure too,this isn't breaking news either

How do you restructure a 1 year deal? Right, you don't, it's either and extension or it's a release, there is no restructure. Furthermore, why should player "help their team" when most teams show no loyalty to players and cut them after a few years? Loyalty is not a one way street.

I also wasn't aware Nelly was married to a Brazilian super model with a $360 million net worth, which happens to be double of what Brady's is.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

How do you restructure a 1 year deal? Right, you don't, it's either and extension or it's a release, there is no restructure. Furthermore, why should player "help their team" when most teams show no loyalty to players and cut them after a few years? Loyalty is not a one way street.

I also wasn't aware Nelly was married to a Brazilian super model with a $360 million net worth, which happens to be double of what Brady's is.

Yeah if AG wasn't a 1 we would have cut him,we got stuck being patient.SO IDC either way.You reject the 5th year option and sign him to another deal.If he doesn't like it BYE.I think we showed some loyalty getting him through 2 years of ZIP performance,so a little reciprocation can't hurt

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah if AG wasn't a 1 we would have cut him,we got stuck being patient.SO IDC either way.You reject the 5th year option and sign him to another deal.If he doesn't like it BYE.I think we showed some loyalty getting him through 2 years of ZIP performance,so a little reciprocation can't hurt

And "if if's and buts were candies and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?" You've ragged on the kid ever since he was drafted, so clearly you have some bias here.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

And "if if's and buts were candies and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?" You've ragged on the kid ever since he was drafted, so clearly you have some bias here.

Let's just say he hasn't lived up to a first round pick(unless you think he has).better than the marcus Smith debacle though

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

GBFL... I think some see this $9.387 mil thing with Agholor in different ways.    In reality, the Eagles just exercised the 5th year option last year just to get some control of the situation and push back any decision if needed.  It's not his salary on the books yet.   I get what you are saying ... DC is saying the same thing... you guys are just wording it differently with different ideas.   

Agholor needs a contract... the reality is right now he doesn't have one.   The 9.387 mil just byes the Eagles time if needed.   They will either cut him or offer him a new deal.... which won't be $9 mil per year.   So you can say take a pay cut... renegotiate, restructure... DC can say something else.    You can say give us a discount because in your mind the Eagles let him develop... which lets be honest, most teams do that, hard to expect rookies and year 2 guys to be all pro ASAP, you draft them on future potential.   

As of now... I think Agholor should get a fair market deal... which would be less than the $9 mil and save us some cap space this year when using a signing bonus.   If they don't come to an agreement, he will get cut.  The timing of this is just what will be interesting.  If Foles doesn't get tagged and traded, the Eagles don't need to rush to get under the cap.  So there is time.

So going with kinda what DWD had in his mock,I came up with this one.I researched all these guys if we place a high value on RB's. 1-25) Dexter Lawrence-DL-Clemson 2-54-Yodney Cajuste-OT-WV 2-57-Either Harris or Montgomery-RB's 4-127) Terry McLaurin-WR-Ohio St 4-138) David Long-OLB-WV 5-163)D'Cota Dixon-S-Wisconsin 6-197) Trysten Hill-DL-UCF 6-208-Jarrett Stidham-QB-Auburn

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL... I think some see this $9.387 mil thing with Agholor in different ways.    In reality, the Eagles just exercised the 5th year option last year just to get some control of the situation and push back any decision if needed.  It's not his salary on the books yet.   I get what you are saying ... DC is saying the same thing... you guys are just wording it differently with different ideas.   

Agholor needs a contract... the reality is right now he doesn't have one.   The 9.387 mil just byes the Eagles time if needed.   They will either cut him or offer him a new deal.... which won't be $9 mil per year.   So you can say take a pay cut... renegotiate, restructure... DC can say something else.    You can say give us a discount because in your mind the Eagles let him develop... which lets be honest, most teams do that, hard to expect rookies and year 2 guys to be all pro ASAP, you draft them on future potential.   

As of now... I think Agholor should get a fair market deal... which would be less than the $9 mil and save us some cap space this year when using a signing bonus.   If they don't come to an agreement, he will get cut.  The timing of this is just what will be interesting.  If Foles doesn't get tagged and traded, the Eagles don't need to rush to get under the cap.  So there is time.

Agreed

This is why I dont get emotionally involved wit hthe draft like a lot of you do.   I don't really care where guys were drafted when it comes time for the next contract.  I'm looking at what I think they will be worth going forward.    I don't care that John Ross was drafted 9th.   I don't care that Agholor was a first round pick.  I don't care about Perriman draft position.    This is 2019 and beyond ... this is the NFL, not college.  Contracts, money, trades, FA signings...etc.  That shold depend on the idea of what the player can do in the NFL this year and going forward.   And not a 40 yard dash time or how much a guy weighs either.   Can the dude play football... thats it.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

This is why I dont get emotionally involved wit hthe draft like a lot of you do.   I don't really care where guys were drafted when it comes time for the next contract.  I'm looking at what I think they will be worth going forward.    I don't care that John Ross was drafted 9th.   I don't care that Agholor was a first round pick.  I don't care about Perriman draft position.    This is 2019 and beyond ... this is the NFL, not college.  Contracts, money, trades, FA signings...etc.  That shold depend on the idea of what the player can do in the NFL this year and going forward.   And not a 40 yard dash time or how much a guy weighs either.   Can the dude play football... thats it.  

The draft I just posted are all football players.I looked at alot of elements-even off field attributes/issues (although Lawrence needs to get his act together).It gives us a future at some key positions and most I chose should transition at the NFL level in my view.I'm not emotional about the draft either,Ijust try to find players that will help at any given spot