DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Glad Graham's back, good value contract, although we'll have to free up some cap. Foles yesterday, Graham today - the pieces are falling into place. Need Long to stay and get some youth in the draft.

MJK, what are the terms... I didn't see anything yet?

3 years 40 mil for Graham.    

When I lived in Philly had tix for the Broad St Bullies, 76ers and Eagles, said no to baseball in '76. Only Eagles in Philly sports now tho.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

When I lived in Philly had tix for the Broad St Bullies, 76ers and Eagles, said no to baseball in '76. Only Eagles in Philly sports now tho.

Kinda the wrong year to say no to the Phillies back then though...lol     Great times being a little kid back then during that era with all 4 teams.   

Graham was Pro Football Focus' No. 6-ranked 4-3 end last season despite having just four sacks. Graham has missed just one game over the last seven years.

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Graham was Pro Football Focus' No. 6-ranked 4-3 end last season despite having just four sacks. Graham has missed just one game over the last seven years.

I'm with you, I like the value... he was coming off of ankle injury, he didn't get overworked at all early in his career... when I see him play, he still looks 25 to me.  Lots of tread left on the tire.  Plus a tenured Eagle,leader ... I like that combo.   WE can still draft a guy (I'm not looking at Sweat as being a guarantee to make the roster, and wouldn't be opposed to dropping one of Long or Bennett if needed)  

Howie getting the work done, I think we will have a busy time leading up to March 13.  It's fun!   

The local people will get this .... 

"Where you at D Gunn!    You were wrong again!"      LOL   Lets go #55!  

Need to wait until the parameters of his deal are out. Word is, it's up to $40 million, so I'm sure there are some incentives in there. Be patient.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Funny ... No real excitement over Brandon Graham signing?    Bryce Harper is the obsession locally, but not even all you out of town fans are commenting on this?????  

Real excitement from me. I just heard about it.  This is awesome!  Well deserved in my opinion and it's not a contract that will overwhelm a team.

Bryce Harper going to the Phillies. Good for him. Good for the Phillies. I stopped watching MLB when they went on strike in 1982. Way too much money to whine about making a few catches a day and batting 4 times a game. 

I was a HUGE Dr. J fan as a kid!  So the Sixers were definitely my team. But once Iverson became the star, I was done with the NBA too.

For me, it's ALL EAGLES, ALL THE TIME!  Horseracing in the summer!

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We won a SB!!!! Then we made(despite the odds) the post season the following year.So you'd rather manage the cap and remain a .500 club???

Can't argue with that.  I'd take the Super Bowl win over anything. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Like they kinda did by winning the SB and almost making the NFC title game this year?     Remember the days of winning the superbowl of salary cap... we were great at that.   Remember a decade without a playoff win?    Which do you prefer?    I'll take the wins instead of the cap space.   The cap space is supposed to help you win... so winning is really the goal no matter how it gets done.   The cap opens up in 2020 and beyond, even with paying Wentz.  I trust Howie to get his guys if he wants them bad enough.   My main concern is the drafting ... thats what fuels the core of your team and sustains over time.

Well said. I just worry a little that IF they miss on the draft, this team could go downhill quickly.  Several positions are old or not very good.  Not everyone can get paid at the top of their position.  Gotta win in the draft every year with the rookie salary cap in place. I'm amazed of all of the teams with young QBs on their rookie deals right now.

So many tweets by Lev Bell for us to take him. It's pretty obvious we're not going to pay him. Have to wonder about his sanity. Pitt would have paid him, not what he wanted but he won't recoup the yr salary he lost sitting out.

35 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Well said. I just worry a little that IF they miss on the draft, this team could go downhill quickly.  Several positions are old or not very good.  Not everyone can get paid at the top of their position.  Gotta win in the draft every year with the rookie salary cap in place. I'm amazed of all of the teams with young QBs on their rookie deals right now.

Yeah we need a youth injection,no question there.Good thing we have going though.After winning the SB and showing the league despite massive injuries,we were still competitive,after the Chip debacle,we now have players in the league that WANT to play here.We were poached on 2 good O coaches,but given the players and staying healthy,we CAN do this again!

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

So many tweets by Lev Bell for us to take him. It's pretty obvious we're not going to pay him. Have to wonder about his sanity. Pitt would have paid him, not what he wanted but he won't recoup the yr salary he lost sitting out.

IDK lots of places feel we are 1 of 3 teams looking.Baltimore apparently has the interest and cap to do it

35 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Keep the faith baby!!!! Howie is just getting started lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Keep the faith baby!!!! Howie is just getting started lol

BTW ,after Chip fleeced this team of players,my thoughts are we've done PDW getting this team back. I was seriously upset that Ped did not win coach of the year in our SB run(RIPPED!!)

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW ,after Chip fleeced this team of players,my thoughts are we've done PDW getting this team back. I was seriously upset that Ped did not win coach of the year in our SB run(RIPPED!!)

OH and praise to Lurie for having the guts to can Chip

Tim McManus‏Verified account @Tim_McManus

Michael Bennett's next court date for injury to the elderly charge is set for March 4th in Harris County, Texas. Bennett's representation is hoping for clarity then on whether the case will be dismissed or go to trial.

11:15 AM - 1 Mar 2019

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Bell was scheduled to make 14.5 last yr, plus a bunch of bonuses.

Watching Deuce run the RB drills

Will be watching Harris and Montgomery.Think Harris may be better than Josh and perhaps was overshadowed by him(he's good don't get me wrong,but value wise I like Harris in 2 instead of Josh in 1)

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Bell was scheduled to make 14.5 last yr, plus a bunch of bonuses.

Watching Deuce run the RB drills

Don't think he(Bell) will get that amount ANYWHERE

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't think he(Bell) will get that amount ANYWHERE

So it won't hurt to wait and see who else shakes free or what deals can be done.

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

So it won't hurt to wait and see who else shakes free or what deals can be done.

COne drills,Mattison(have to research him) Montgomery and Trayveon all looked fluid(Hariis a little disappointing lol)