DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Bell was scheduled to make 14.5 last yr, plus a bunch of bonuses.

He was tagged... was only scheduled to make the salary ... which I agree with you... I don't think he makes up for losing that money.  

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Will be watching Harris and Montgomery.

Flashback to when I was a kid ... Leroy and Wilbert!!!   I beleive both scored vs Dallas ...which was the biggest game of my life until last year's SB.  

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK this drill,I would  like to see the cut cone farther downfield

Basically that drill showed me nothing

The Deal: Eagles trade 2019 second-round pick (53) and 2020 second-round pick (TBD) for Antonio Brown 

The Eagles want to compete next year and the Steelers want to get fair compensation for Brown while shipping him to the NFC. This deal takes care of both items and the Eagles don't actually have to sacrifice players in this draft thanks to having two second-round picks (via the Lamar Jackson deal from last year). I also think Howie Roseman sees this deal and believes he can generate a new second-round pick for next year by trading down from No. 25 overall this year, meaning he can basically pick up Antonio Brown for the cost of dealing down and really giving the Eagles some juice. Two seconds in this range are roughly worth a first-round pick.

You guys seem bored so I thought I should stir up some S - - - . Did I ? 

Didn't watch enough college ball to know many these RB's. Am going to try to find the time to check out who the Eagles are looking at to determine the type of RB. Really don't want to see them looking at squigglies, believe we need some in the rotation that even tho the D knows a run is coming can still break tackles and get the 1st down.

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Didn't watch enough college ball to know many these RB's. Am going to try to find the time to check out who the Eagles are looking at to determine the type of RB. Really don't want to see them looking at squigglies, believe we need some in the rotation that even tho the D knows a run is coming can still break tackles and get the 1st down.

Yeah Trayveon looks ok there too

Yeah, 40 was before 3 cone

AB has a 22 mill cap hit this yr, 19 next, then 18 - not going to swing those numbers

Don't know who Mattison is,but he's doing well so far

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

AB has a 22 mill cap hit this yr, 19 next, then 18 - not going to swing those numbers

Any standout times? I turned it on late lol

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Depends who they get rid of however if Brown is going to go bananas over Ju ju getting more opportunities than he did, what would he do when a TE Ertz gets more opportunities than he does? LOL

Mattison from Boise State

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Depends who they get rid of however if Brown is going to go bananas over Ju ju getting more opportunities than he did, what would he do when a TE Ertz gets more opportunities than he does? LOL

Sorry,I don't want a ME ME ME player here

Home sick and no planes landing and wasn't paying too much attention. No pads, no traffic and the type of RB I'd like is more quick than fast. Always liked Coughlin checking out the 10 yd time - he was at it again today, although every time the camera went on him he was yawning.

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

This isn't accurate. A team trading for him is not taking on a $22 million cap hit. For 2019 it's $12.6 million and if traded before March 17th, they's also take on a $2.5 million roster bonus. Next year, his cap # would be $11.3 million and 2021 would be $12.5 million.

Having said that, Brown wants guaranteed money, so any team trading for him would likely have to re-do his deal.

All that said, Brown to the Eagles is a pipe dream, they aren't like to tie up near $30 million between two players at the same position.

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO the 40 should be the LAST drill.Simulates for me more who can put it out after playing awhile

Run your first 40 first,then do the drills,then come back and run your second 40-a bit more autentic in my view

There was one who impressed me and I forgot his name - figures! It's like going to a party and everyone's telling so many jokes you can't remember the one you wanted to. Anyway this RB played behind a bad OL, so there were always bodies in the backfield but he'd get through. Shows me a tough runner with his head together and good sight

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sorry,I don't want a ME ME ME player here

No T.O. again GB? Then I guess no Jackson either right?

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

This isn't accurate. A team trading for him is not taking on a $22 million cap hit. For 2019 it's $12.6 million and if traded before March 17th, they's also take on a $2.5 million roster bonus. Next year, his cap # would be $11.3 million and 2021 would be $12.5 million.

Having said that, Brown wants guaranteed money, so any team trading for him would likely have to re-do his deal.

All that said, Brown to the Eagles is a pipe dream, they aren't like to tie up near $30 million between two players at the same position.

Idon't see AB or Bell coming here with the money involved

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Well,I wasn't for Djax early.Maybe he's got it figured out now? I mean he wasn't the #1 in TB either

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

LOL TO says he can still play!!! OK bring him on for 15.00 an hour HAHA

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If Balt goes for Bell,I would be interested in the cut player depending who it is

Well, Alex Collins was arrested after a car crash.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2019/03/01/alex-collins-baltimore-ravens-arrested-near-team-facility/3026763002/

That's what's nice about the RBBC - no prima donnas!

Heck, I'd bring Blount back, heck, wanted the guy yrs ago then we let him go when he was actually pretty cheap and a great value.