DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Offense

QB Carson Wentz  Nate Sudfeld      
 RB Jay Ajayi  Corey Clement  Darren Sproles  Wendell Smallwood  Josh Adams / Boston Scott 
 WR1 Alshon Jeffery  Mike Wallace  Shelton Gibson    
 WR2 DeSean Jackson  Mack Hollins       
 Slot WR  Nelson Agholor  Jordan Matthews      
 TE Zach Ertz  Dallas Goedert Richard Rodgers Josh Perkins  
 LT Jason Peters  Jordan Mailata      
 LG Isaac Seumalo  Chance Warmack       
 C Jason Kelce         
 RG Brandon Brooks  Matt Pryor (R)       
 RT Lane Johnson  Halapoulivaati Vaitai      

Defense

LDE Brandon Graham  Chris Long  Daeshon Hall  
 DT Fletcher Cox  Treyvon Hester    
 DT  Malik Jackson  Bruce Hector Haloti Ngata   
 RDE Derek Barnett  Josh Sweat     
 OLB Nate Gerry  L.J. Fort D.J. Alexander   
 MLB  Nigel Bradham LaRoy Reynolds     
 OLB  Kamu Grugier-Hill Paul Worrilow    
 CB Jalen Mills  Rasul Douglas    
 S Malcolm Jenkins    Corey Graham    
 S  Rodney McLeod Tre Sullivan Deiondre' Hall  
 CB Ronald Darby  Avonte Maddox    
 Nickel Sidney Jones  Cre'Von LeBlanc     

Special teams

Jake Elliott  Kamu Grugier-Hill 
 Cameron Johnston  
LS   Rick Lovato  

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Thin at LB, S, DE, RB, G, C

Also DT we got starters not great depth behind them honestly like our DE depth more then DT

Not considering us drafting a DT early—-is the plan to start Hester at DT next to Cox? Clearly Malik is the pass rushing DT. With him that should eliminate the NASCAR Package. No need to bring Graham inside on passing downs. He rated 51 out of 55 in run defense. He won’t be as bad in this scheme, I’d think. But you would think that would limit him on first downs. And makes you think he isn’t much of a great option on goaline(short yardage) packages. Interesting to figure out how to use him. Kind of seems like we need that NT type run stuffer to pair with him.

"My years are limited. I don't have time to go somewhere that wants to rebuild. I need to go somewhere where they believe they can win now. That's what I want to do." Said Golden Tate. Yeah we really believe you. Nothing says win now like the Giants.

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

"My years are limited. I don't have time to go somewhere that wants to rebuild. I need to go somewhere where they believe they can win now. That's what I want to do." Said Golden Tate. Yeah we really believe you. Nothing says win now like the Giants.

HAHA-nope,but they got 4 years to do it for him

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not considering us drafting a DT early—-is the plan to start Hester at DT next to Cox? Clearly Malik is the pass rushing DT. With him that should eliminate the NASCAR Package. No need to bring Graham inside on passing downs. He rated 51 out of 55 in run defense. He won’t be as bad in this scheme, I’d think. But you would think that would limit him on first downs. And makes you think he isn’t much of a great option on goaline(short yardage) packages. Interesting to figure out how to use him. Kind of seems like we need that NT type run stuffer to pair with him.

The plan is to start Malik next to Cox lol we didn’t pay this 30m to come off the bench....Hester alright but not giving him the 3rd job(without competition)need a upgrade at DT as our 3rd this D scheme relies heavily on us having a good/great rotation 

Even if Malik was viewed as only the 3rd DT coming off the bench would make me feel the need to draft a DT high even more to start next to Cox....If he is on the board not sure how we can pass up on wilkins out of Clemson deadly 3 man rotation inside 

15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The plan is to start Malik next to Cox lol we didn’t pay this 30m to come off the bench....Hester alright but not giving him the 3rd job(without competition)need a upgrade at DT as our 3rd this D scheme relies heavily on us having a good/great rotation 

Malik is an elite pass rusher. So in a rotation how do you want to use him? Seems like we definitely want him out there on third downs and known passing situations. Starter is just a label. He’ll get a good percentage of snaps.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Malik is an elite pass rusher. So in a rotation how do you want to use him? Seems like we definitely want him out there on third downs and known passing situations. Starter is just a label. He’ll get a good percentage of snaps.

Making the case even more to go DT then at 1 then 

As far as Hester: he just got better with every NFL snap. Earned his way into the rotation. That was in massively important due or die games. And when Jernigan was back.  No reason to think he won’t continue to improve. Good player...good find.

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Making the case even more to go DT then at 1 then 

I’m BPA all the way this year. I want whoever is the stud that falls. We should get a really good one at 25.

A few QBs go, a few players that we don’t have ranked as high(not a scheme fit as much or whatever) and we could be pulling around the 15th guy on our board. I take him whoever and whatever position he plays.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dexter Lawrence-run stuffer

Wilkins, Burns, Cody Ford....not sure who it will be yet but the upper echelon depth this year is stronger than usual. I was set on Hollywood Brown but the foot surgery dropped him back. Also made the need to trade for DJax(speed WR) more.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

As far as Hester: he just got better with every NFL snap. Earned his way into the rotation. That was in massively important due or die games. And when Jernigan was back.  No reason to think he won’t continue to improve. Good player...good find.

And our run D took a drastic step backwards with him just from what I seen....The run D was drastically improved when Jernigan was healthy.....Hester might be solid but not going into the year betting on him in a key role for our D