DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

The rumor mill has Long and Bradham restructuring  their contracts 

Second rumor is the birds resigning Darby to a 1 yr deal in the 8 mil range

Starting to feel we’re playing the comp pick game... we don’t sign any more free agents...  don’t want to lose Draft capital except for our own free agents Darby. Ajayi. I think we look to get RB  DT , CB  spots covered thru the Draft. B.P.A. Is the path.  The Tyler Murray caveat is gonna flip this Draft if he goes first to Az.

12 minutes ago, trini said:

Starting to feel we’re playing the comp pick game... we don’t sign any more free agents...  don’t want to lose Draft capital except for our own free agents Darby. Ajayi. I think we look to get RB  DT , CB  spots covered thru the Draft. B.P.A. Is the path.  The Tyler Murray caveat is gonna flip this Draft if he goes first to Az.

Need S more than CB IMO(and LB depth).Murray kinda already figures to go high along with haskins,so see no draft flipping myself

NFL suspends Kareem Hunt 8 games.

Looks like the Browns gamble paid off.

signing Darby to a 1  year prove it deal helps take off the pressure to draft a CB this year. Not saying we do not do that, but this helps the BPA theory. I think we go for CJ Anderson as soon as someone signs one of our players..... Just a hunch.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So we restructured Long and Bradham creating 20 mil in cap room.

Excellent

20 minutes ago, stine said:

signing Darby to a 1  year prove it deal helps take off the pressure to draft a CB this year. Not saying we do not do that, but this helps the BPA theory. I think we go for CJ Anderson as soon as someone signs one of our players..... Just a hunch.

Rumor is we signed him to a one year 8.75 mil contract. And that he just failed his physical at KC.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rumor is we signed him to a one year 8.75 mil contract. And that he just failed his physical at KC.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think thats voids the contract??

57 minutes ago, stine said:

Was I the only one not worried about CB even without Darby....Glad he is coming back but I mean even without him had plenty at CB....I like Rasul Douglas a lot think he just keeps getting better more he gets to play...Not ready to give up on Sidney Jones think he can play just has to stay healthy then we had the emergence of LeBlanc and Maddox both play some good ball.....And we still have Mills who was good enough starting CB to win us a SB in 2017 so not terrible even if not great player as well.

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Is this official???? I mean I have seen some reports just nothing official on the signing

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

The rumor mill has Long and Bradham restructuring  their contracts 

Second rumor is the birds resigning Darby to a 1 yr deal in the 8 mil range

I heard rumors that the Long restructure was just him not taking the roster bonus yet because he hasn’t fully committed yet to if he wants to play again this year.....Heard it got postponed till after the draft 

Glad for the restructures, guess it means Long plans to play.

Most say trust Howie, we're sure pushing a lot of money down the road.

" But you pay for your satisfaction
Somewhere along the line" - Billy Joel

23 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

But the theory is(and it's only a theory) we get lots of picks,get lots of rooks on rook deals,so later you don;t have to do it,or you have the loot to pay/keep your stars/pick up FA's

43 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Long said the restructuring doesn’t guarantee he plans to play this year just didn’t want to take money until he was sure what he wanted to do....His bonus got postponed till after the draft