[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

1st) DE Brian Burns Fl St

2nd) RB Miles Sanders Penn St

2nd) T Tytus Howard Alabama St

Not sure tytus is a round 2 pick ,think that is a reach

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not sure tytus is a round 2 pick ,think that is a reach

Eagles OL coach is high on him and he won’t make it till round 4 so .......

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We dont know maybe we swap for a 3rd,but a 2 is a serious reach IMO

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah noones making it to round 4 lol 

If Tytus is viewed as a 3rd then not much of a reach if we took him with our 25th pick in round 2.....Also the so called expert boards are just guesses like any of us none of them know how NFL teams view these players for all we know Tytus could be high on multiple teams boards and viewed as a round 2 guy 

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

1st) DE Brian Burns Fl St

2nd) RB Miles Sanders Penn St

2nd) T Tytus Howard Alabama St

Sanders is a physical, tough, home run hitter... really like his game.not feeling any O Line with any first three picks. BPA depending on how the cookie crumbles.

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If Tytus is viewed as a 3rd then not much of a reach if we took him with our 25th pick in round 2.....Also the so called expert boards are just guesses like any of us none of them know how NFL teams view these players for all we know Tytus could be high on multiple teams boards and viewed as a round 2 guy 

well all WE have to go by are the "pro rankings".We have nothing else to go by

well all WE have to go by are the "pro rankings".We have nothing else to go by

BTW I have him with our first 4 pick(or a 3 if we can swing it)

I have 1)Wilkins(DT),then 2)chauncey gardner(who can play S or CB,love his versatility) 2) Montgomery-RB 4) Howard 4) Hunter Renfro(wrangs WR)

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I have 1)Wilkins(DT),then 2)chauncey gardner(who can play S or CB,love his versatility) 2) Montgomery-RB 4) Howard 4) Hunter Renfro(wrangs WR)

COuld change this due to the Malik Jackson signing

I scout all the web’s analysts and experts. The only consensus is Bosa is the top rated guy and that there is no consensus. Howard has huge upside but is unpolished. Where does that fall for you? I’ve seen round two to round four. But honestly my thinking about the round four people is that maybe they haven’t done enough homework on him because he’s a small school prospect. Same guys didn’t think Wentz was round one worthy. They were too busy drooling over every SEC prospect. I’ve seen Howard on several top 50 boards. And I’d agree.

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Jeremiah just had Wilkins ranked as his 4th best prospect. Chauncey Gardner would be a good pick. I see him as a S. Tytus as 50th ranked prospect.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jeremiah just had Wilkins ranked as his 4th best prospect. Chauncey Gardner would be a good pick. I see him as a S. Tytus as 50th ranked prospect.

Well I'm wondering if we got Malik here as a nice "band-aid_ possibly if we draft another DT at 25.That's why I have not moved him out of 25 yet.Also seeing us stockpiling picks for next year which IMO can be used to move up a bit this year.I seriously thought we would have Cajuste in here for a visit.As far as Tytus IDK where he goes.Most I have seen are in the 3-4 range,so IDK if we reach in2,wait until 4 or try to get him in the 3rd using some future picks.We shall see

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gardner-tough kid can play both spots and we seem to love versatility,which isn't a bad thing to want

Sadly,my mock so far,I need an OG and a LB in there,but maybe we shop in FA with the newly found loot

Sadly,my mock so far,I need an OG and a LB in there,but maybe we shop in FA with the newly found loot

IDK if Fort is starting material,or just a decent BU.He's been "around" which leads me to believe the latter 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK if Fort is starting material,or just a decent BU.He's been "around" which leads me to believe the latter 

Don't recall seeing him play,so I can't decide.Maybe someone else here knows more than I do about him 

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well I'm wondering if we got Malik here as a nice "band-aid_ possibly if we draft another DT at 25.That's why I have not moved him out of 25 yet.Also seeing us stockpiling picks for next year which IMO can be used to move up a bit this year.I seriously thought we would have Cajuste in here for a visit.As far as Tytus IDK where he goes.Most I have seen are in the 3-4 range,so IDK if we reach in2,wait until 4 or try to get him in the 3rd using some future picks.We shall see

When looking at our DL have to consider the depth behind as well because rotation is so key for us....We want to keep guys fresh as much as possible so they can get after the QB with only 4 guys.....

Right now I’m not high on our 3rd DT and have to question DE as well Long is still up in the air on if he returns....Would hate to get out of the draft not addressing DE then long decides to retire 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001022667/article/pats-de-michael-bennett-i-used-to-hate-the-patriots

Nothing in this story about his need for a pay raise or he’ll sit out

Ham, ...listening to Howard Eskin is hilarious ... not a fan of Bennett.  He's like ... "thats great Bennett wanted a pay raise, good luck getting that in NE"    I know you think it was all about Howie asking him to take a pay cut as the issue... from info that's been coming out and reading between the lines.. I'm not too sure he wasn't going to be a problem here and they just wanted to get rid of the headache. (between the $$ and the playing time once Barnett got back)   Because obviously, his cap # was pretty team friendly, also the incident coming off the field in NO... that's not Eagle behavior.  

with all that... I'll concede he won't get anything in NE.... but I don't think the Eagles wanted him here, and don't think it was about them saving $2 or $3 mil with a paycut.   The more that comes out (and its mostly on the radio from a few sources) I don't think he'll be missed.    They all concede that he already knew he was going to be on a new team prior to going on NFL Network.   He had to give a spin with the "pay cut" thing.  

Also plenty of guys on our DL are not spring chickens Malik is 29 Fletcher turns 29 during the season and Graham is already 30 and Long is on the fence each year on if he wants to keep playing(again still unsure if he plays this season )

41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Great ST. The hope is he can be the Nickle backer too though. Good in coverage but light against the run.

Yep... Darby back accordingto the Eagles via twitter.