DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

And Spuds too...lol     So now CB is covered ... LB, S and RB  .... the three spots they never like to draft early ... lol.   

Darby coming back likely means we will get in comp picks .... 3rd, 4th, 4th, and 6 or 7th ...depending upon other moves.   Wiz, Jernigan, Wallace ... might draw the interest, plus I'm sure i'm missing someone.  

Looking at the offseason... with the cap space seemingly a decent amount ... my guess is they try to extend Wentz before the season.  Just add his signing bonus proration to this year's cap hit.  My guess 8 -12 mil.    

Also ... if we draft DE ... I can see Long asking for a release.     

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And Spuds too...lol     So now CB is covered ... LB, S and RB  .... the three spots they never like to draft early ... lol.   

Darby coming back likely means we will get in comp picks .... 3rd, 4th, 4th, and 6 or 7th ...depending upon other moves.   Wiz, Jernigan, Wallace ... might draw the interest, plus I'm sure i'm missing someone.  

Looking at the offseason... with the cap space seemingly a decent amount ... my guess is they try to extend Wentz before the season.  Just add his signing bonus proration to this year's cap hit.  My guess 8 -12 mil.    

Not sure long asks for a release feel like once his stint is done here he is calling it a career 

I would love to have Long come back one more year draft a DE and have Sweat then hopefully following season Long hangs it up and hopefully either Sweat or the new rook has shown enough that we could trust them as the new 3rd DE 

Darby back even on a 1yr rental after an ACL... will he be able to play this year? Gotta shore up our DL rotations with better Quality depth. I don’t see Wilkins or Lawrence falling to us . Don’t see RB in the first if not Lawrence or Watkins does one of the top corners or LB fall to us  B.P.A?

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Rodgers was on a1 yr rental?

4 minutes ago, trini said:

Darby back even on a 1yr rental after an ACL... will he be able to play this year? Gotta shore up our DL rotations with better Quality depth. I don’t see Wilkins or Lawrence falling to us . Don’t see RB in the first if not Lawrence or Watkins does one of the top corners or LB fall to us  B.P.A?

I’m sure Darby will be fine takes what 8 month now for an ACL injury and he was hurt during the season mid Nov. should be fine by the start of the season or if we wanted could likely hold him out few extra weeks into the season

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m sure Darby will be fine 

LOL He wasn't fine before the ACL injury.  Darby has done nothing to earn 8.75 million this year in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

LOL He wasn't fine before the ACL injury.  Darby has done nothing to earn 8.75 million this year in my opinion. 

I mean he was easily our best CB during our SB run was a big factor in that run honestly and was playing some decent ball before Injury 

Media really does crack me up we went from how we are thin at CB and need to adddress the position to signing Darby and having a surplus and we could be looking to shop one of our CBs now 

I mean I would not be shocked to see us try and move a CB but I thought we had plenty of guys from the start....Darby,Mills,Douglas,Jones, Maddox, LeBlanc....Aure they have all had up and downs but they all also have exp. starting and have played some really good football at times as well....They are all young as well and should continue to improve 

23 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean I would not be shocked to see us try and move a CB but I thought we had plenty of guys from the start....Darby,Mills,Douglas,Jones, Maddox, LeBlanc....Aure they have all had up and downs but they all also have exp. starting and have played some really good football at times as well....They are all young as well and should continue to improve 

Funny how the kids like LeBlanc, Maddox forced into action really exceeded expectations. Douglas just needed to play, Douglas is a playmaker. The injuries to Mills and Darby helped us to uncover some quality potential.We still need that player that can hang with the top receivers in the game. Maddox and Darby have great speed. Douglas uses his length well LeBlanc has figured things out that experience is invaluable. Thought Jones was gonna be the long term potential shut down guy...not so sure now with his ongoing injuries... If One of the Top CB fall because of a run on DT and DE  early, I can see CB at 25.

I liked the way Maddox could close real quick when he played that outside corner spot. He’s a good tackler also. He made mistakes as well. You could make the case that he’s our best CB. Of coarse after saying all that...the way things look now I’d have him at FS. He’s real good there. He can cover some ground for sure. And his diminutive stature is less a factor, or at least harder to isolate.

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean he was easily our best CB during our SB run was a big factor in that run honestly and was playing some decent ball before Injury 

I thought it was clearly Patrick Robinson. He had his career season. I don’t think he covered anyone in that SB however....did anybody?

OTC has DJ listed at $10M for 2019, with AJ @ $14.7m and AG at $9.4, so our top three WRs have a cap of $34m+.for 2019   

11 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not a bad little stat line for Darby and our secondary almost 2 tds ahead of the league avg.

Honestly, with the way the rules are set up almost ALL CBs stink

17 hours ago, trini said:

Why won't wilkins or Lawrence fall to us??? I assume ONE will be gone,not both.Look how many teams will take a QB,Bosa will go,probably DK and Jacobs.What I love about this stuff-NOONE will be there when we pick -NOONE!!!! We're DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!

16 hours ago, trini said:

Funny how the kids like LeBlanc, Maddox forced into action really exceeded expectations. Douglas just needed to play, Douglas is a playmaker. The injuries to Mills and Darby helped us to uncover some quality potential.We still need that player that can hang with the top receivers in the game. Maddox and Darby have great speed. Douglas uses his length well LeBlanc has figured things out that experience is invaluable. Thought Jones was gonna be the long term potential shut down guy...not so sure now with his ongoing injuries... If One of the Top CB fall because of a run on DT and DE  early, I can see CB at 25.

Dont see that.I expect a lineman at 25(either side of the ball) 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why won't wilkins or Lawrence fall to us??? I assume ONE will be gone,not both.Look how many teams will take a QB,Bosa will go,probably DK and Jacobs.What I love about this stuff-NOONE will be there when we pick -NOONE!!!! We're DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!

I am sure other teams see what we see in those Clemson Tigers D Linemen. Many Philly area reporters mocking those guys Wilkins or Lawrence falling to us. Don’t get it twisted Wilkins is my preference at 25. I have also seen mocks where Wilkins goes first and Lawrence doesn’t get by Tenn . Possible my Birds trade up to get one of these guys, but who can say.  Don’t see OL before 4th round. Why do you think they will fall to us?

My Eagles have a rich tradition in misdirection, especially... around Draft season. Our Eagles... M.O might be to build from the lines out. But that B.P.A is always in play if the early 24 Draft selections goes D and QB’s could a top WR be there at 25. What do you think we will do.? Me...take the value get the B.P.A. Maybe.🤯😤🤬🤔hahahahaha  Where the hell is Mike Mayok when u need him ooohhh hell he is in LA.

using guys we have actually MET with(ok most of them) I came up with this funky mock 1) Wilkins-DT 2)Risner-OG/T 2)Chauncy Gardner-S/CB 4)Higdon-RB 4)Renfro-WR 6)Ximines-Edge/OLB 6)Shareef Miller-Edge/OLB   (lots of awesome versatility here!!) UDFA-Ulysses Gilbert-OLB-Akron,Ty Johnson-RB-Maryland,Trysten Hill-DT-UCF,Youhanna Gaifan-DT-Wyoming,Alex Wesley-WR N Colorado

5 minutes ago, trini said:

I am sure other teams see what we see in those Clemson Tigers D Linemen. Many Philly area reporters mocking those guys Wilkins or Lawrence falling to us. Don’t get it twisted Wilkins is my preference at 25. I have also seen mocks where Wilkins goes first and Lawrence doesn’t get by Tenn . Possible my Birds trade up to get one of these guys, but who can say.  Don’t see OL before 4th round. Why do you think they will fall to us?

My Eagles have a rich tradition in misdirection, especially... around Draft season. Our Eagles... M.O might be to build from the lines out. But that B.P.A is always in play if the early 24 Draft selections goes D and QB’s could a top WR be there at 25. What do you think we will do.? Me...take the value get the B.P.A. Maybe.🤯😤🤬🤔hahahahaha  Where the hell is Mike Mayok when u need him ooohhh hell he is in LA.

1)QB run(can see 4-5 go) 2)Bosa is gone(we all know that lol),DK will probably go before us,maybe Jacobs does too.Lots of teams could use CB's,so some of those go,a few OT's will go,maybe a OG or 2 go as well,so I think it IS possible we get one or the other.

7 minutes ago, trini said:

Check the mock I just did,fits your "misdirection" theory lol

Karan Higdon will bring explosiveness to an NFL backfield. He projects most favorably to a gap/power rushing offense, as many of his chunk plays at the college level came behind such concepts. Higdon shows some nice patience pressing through the LOS and his second level acceleration will enable him to create gashes in the defense, but only if and when his line is able to create consistent creases and holes up front. Won't grind for yards by himself.