DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

19 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not a bad little stat line for Darby and our secondary almost 2 tds ahead of the league avg.

Except with these stats ... its showing passing TDs up top... then saying the league average in TDs is 3.1 ... that's total TDs... no shot teams on average are giving up 48 passing TDs a season.   So it makes it seem better than what it is.  Gotta be consistent when comparing stats.  The Eagles give up 1.4 PASSING TDs/ game ... the league gives up 3.1 TOTAL TDs /game.    Not as good as saying the Eagles give up half the passing TDs as the league average.   Instead of the total TDs.. how about an average of the PASSing TDs to do an apples to apples comparison?   

15 hours ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

OTC has DJ listed at $10M for 2019, with AJ @ $14.7m and AG at $9.4, so our top three WRs have a cap of $34m+.for 2019   

Not correct yet... DeSean hasn't been updated....... And look at Cleveland... OBJ = $17 mil    Landry = $14 mil ... $31 for two guys.     In reality our 3 will be like $27-28 mil when the #s get finalized.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK if Fort is starting material,or just a decent BU.He's been "around" which leads me to believe the latter 

Don't recall seeing him play,so I can't decide.Maybe someone else here knows more than I do about him  

That's all I see him as, is a half decent BU. I don't remember where I read it (maybe the PE article), but he was told he'll be competing for the MLB spot prior to signing his contract. We'll see :rolleyes: I see him as our ST's ace to replace Maragos. Here's everything I read about him:

Originally signed by the Browns as an UDFA in 2012, Fort enjoyed the best season of his NFL career in 2018 with the Steelers as a reserve inside LB and ST's ace with 48 tackles, 3 TFL's, and a sack in 15 games (two starts). He played 29% of the snaps on D and 75% of the ST's snaps.

In the Steelers' Week 5 win over Atlanta, Fort sacked Matt Ryan on a critical 3rd down for the third QB take down of his career. He also had a FR in the EZ for his 1st career TD in the 4th quarter. In Week 13 against the Chargers, Fort led all defenders with a game-high and career-best 12 tackles and blocked a punt on ST's.

Named the FCS Defensive Player of the Year by the College Sporting News at Northern Iowa, the 6-0, 232-pound Fort made the Browns' 53-man roster out of Training Camp and started against the Eagles in his NFL debut, intercepting quarterback Michael Vick. Fort played all 16 games as a rookie, but bounced around – and moved positions playing fullback as well as linebacker – before landing with the Steelers in 2015. In all, he's spent time with the Browns, Broncos, Seahawks, Bengals, Patriots, and Steelers prior to signing in Philadelphia.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-sign-lb-l-j-fort-to-a-three-year-deal

He spent the majority of his career on the PS. When he was active, the better part of his playing time was ST's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._J._Fort

Like you said, "Never heard of him and he probly never heard of me." LOL

Eagles Trade for Jerick McKinnon a Top Option to Replace Jay Ajayi:  Updated Mar. 16 11:58 am
The Eagles are not currently planning to bring back Jay Ajayi, according to a source. The soon-to-be 27-year-old McKinnon comes with a cap hit of $5.75 million in 2019 and $8.8 million in 2020. His deal runs through 2021, but the final year is a team option which would carry a cap number of $9.2 million, per Spotrac.

Don't know what to think of this yet. Just passing the news as of now.

I could see him taking over for Ajayi as a receiver, but as a pure rusher…not so much. Not the way Ajayi broke tackles.

16 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:
Eagles Trade for Jerick McKinnon a Top Option to Replace Jay Ajayi:  Updated Mar. 16 11:58 am
The Eagles are not currently planning to bring back Jay Ajayi, according to a source. The soon-to-be 27-year-old McKinnon comes with a cap hit of $5.75 million in 2019 and $8.8 million in 2020. His deal runs through 2021, but the final year is a team option which would carry a cap number of $9.2 million, per Spotrac.

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK any possibility we can get a HEALTHY RB into midnight green other than a draftee???

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK any possibility we can get a HEALTHY RB into midnight green other than a draftee???

He's coming off a preseason '18 ACL. IDK just how healthy he is. If we're gonna make a trade or pursue a FA, I'd rather it be for someone not coming off an injury like CJ Anderson or Jordan Howard. If not, might as well re-sign Ajayi is my thinking.

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

He's coming off a preseason '18 ACL. IDK just how healthy he is. If we're gonna make a trade or pursue a FA, I'd rather it be for someone not coming off an injury like CJ Anderson or Jordan Howard. If not, might as well re-sign Ajayi is my thinking.

IDK I'm SMH on this one

3 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Well he's had a year already(basically).I hope he can contribute and not become another IR guy.Gotta trust the FO,all I can say,except this does not make me wanna jump up and down screaming "OH YEAH!!!"

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well he's had a year already(basically).I hope he can contribute and not become another IR guy.Gotta trust the FO,all I can say,except this does not make me wanna jump up and down screaming "OH YEAH!!!"

It's not a 'done deal', just talking as of now seeing as SF has a crowded backfield.

Maybe he can do the "Sproles thang" since he is a pass catching RB.Seems to me he is a little older version of Kamara.He's bigger than Sproles,so maybe we let Sproles go? IDK.Things are getting interesting

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH ok,I thought it was lol(I can relax now)

At first I thought the same, like right after I posted. Then I read a little more and took a BIG sigh of relief. Kinda like you, but I got relief 1st LOL.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe he can do the "Sproles thang" since he is a pass catching RB.Seems to me he is a little older version of Kamara.He's bigger than Sproles,so maybe we let Sproles go? IDK.Things are getting interesting

He is a decent receiver and ran a 4.41 40 yd.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

DJ'd another party last night.Have a hangover and my one brain cell is sputtering 

LOL, good. That brings you down to my level.

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

DJ'd another party last night.Have a hangover and my one brain cell is sputtering 

Nonetheless, hope you feel better! Hard not to wanna join the party while DJ'ing I bet! As long as I stuck to mixed drinks and drank some water to stay hydrated, I managed to avoid hangovers. Staying hydrated during is the key.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Nonetheless, hope you feel better! Hard not to wanna join the party while DJ'ing I bet! As long as I stuck to mixed drinks and drank some water to stay hydrated, I managed to avoid hangovers. Staying hydrated during is the key.

Free drinks and had my own waitress(well she waited on me and the couple throwing the party),so were well stocked all night and water was an afterthought !!! About 200 there,it was FUN!!!

5 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If he really stepped up he could be worth the 2019 number. But I remember when he signed that deal it was a bit shocking as an over pay. But they have plenty of money so not as big a thing for them to spend a little extra cash. I can’t see him living up to those future numbers though. Not for us anyway.

If  

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

1)QB run(can see 4-5 go) 2)Bosa is gone(we all know that lol),DK will probably go before us,maybe Jacobs does too.Lots of teams could use CB's,so some of those go,a few OT's will go,maybe a OG or 2 go as well,so I think it IS possible we get one or the other.

I have seen mock with Greedy Williams falling to us... Hell he is at least a top 10 pick...IMO...I like both those guys at 25.

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:
The soon-to-be 27-year-old McKinnon comes with a cap hit of $5.75 million in 2019 and $8.8 million in 2020. His deal runs through 2021, but the final year is a team option which would carry a cap number of $9.2 million, per Spotrac.

Those cap #s are for SF .. as the extra $2 mil of siging bonus gets counted.  If we traded for McKinnon only the salary counts as a cap hit.   Would be $3.7 mil this year.... wiht ZERO dead money if we cut him.   Sources saying that SF and Eagles talked, didn't say who or what involved.  Could be RBs .... could be anything that SF might draft early so they could get rid of a player at the same position?   Could be then looking to trade up from round 2 back into round 1?  Who knows.