DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

So looking at McKinnon’s contract his salary and cap hit for anyone that trades for him is more than reasonable. Those were the 49ers cap hits(like No Mas was saying). He could pair well with a hard rookie rusher. I don’t want to give up too much for him though. No problem giving a fifth rounder. 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Guess we are waiting until after the draft to either keep Sproles or let him go

Anyone see the Panthers released LT Kalil.

37 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Anyone see the Panthers released LT Kalil.

Guy I checked a was a C,which Kalil?

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Guy I checked a was a C,which Kalil?

Their Left tackle. I think he's the centers brother. Matt Kalil

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/panthers-release-lt-matt-kalil/ar-BBUMBLu    Didn't play a snap in '18. Saves Carolina 7 mil in cap.No real shocker here,and I really want us to stop taking players with injuries.Just paying for pine riders

If you're gonna stop taking players who have had injuries your pool of vet players is gonna be darn small.

A knee injury isn't the show stopper it was once was when we were young

So the details came out about Malik Jackson’s contract. Shocker.... it’s backloaded all the way. Only taking 2.8 mil cap hit this season on a 30 mil contract.

54 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

If you're gonna stop taking players who have had injuries your pool of vet players is gonna be darn small.

A knee injury isn't the show stopper it was once was when we were young

Well first I'd need a medical on him

22 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Except with these stats ... its showing passing TDs up top... then saying the league average in TDs is 3.1 ... that's total TDs... no shot teams on average are giving up 48 passing TDs a season.   So it makes it seem better than what it is.  Gotta be consistent when comparing stats.  The Eagles give up 1.4 PASSING TDs/ game ... the league gives up 3.1 TOTAL TDs /game.    Not as good as saying the Eagles give up half the passing TDs as the league average.   Instead of the total TDs.. how about an average of the PASSing TDs to do an apples to apples comparison?   

No clue what the league avg. is Reuben Frank was saying the league avg. tds per game is 3 honestly can’t say it would be that hard to image that being true 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Fitz to Fins

Yeah not a terrible move,but suspect they draft their future QB this draft(another QB gone which helps us!!)

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well first I'd need a medical on him

Obviously.

A team has to do due diligence. Another reason I have doubts about the birds medical staff.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dumba77 should have given up a third for Foles

Possibly,but they need SO much more than the Jags. FItz OK for a "fill in" but really starting NOW,they need to re-build.It's been a long time.New staff(see Browns) may turn that around like they did it in Cleveland.I'm sure Fitz was alot cheaper and they need every draft pick if they are going to start the re-build

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Possibly,but they need SO much more than the Jags. FItz OK for a "fill in" but really starting NOW,they need to re-build.It's been a long time.New staff(see Browns) may turn that around like they did it in Cleveland.I'm sure Fitz was alot cheaper and they need every draft pick if they are going to start the re-build

Actually would have been fine with Fitz here as a BU,but apparently we like Suds enough

42 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Hmmm guess it depends on what "not as severe" means exactly.May drop out of the top 10.Could get CLOSE to us.We shall see what the scouts think.Combine means you get rest periods,playing means you exert ALOT more physically.BUT he did it at the college level,so I personally see no issues as far as NFL playing time goes

That's what I meant, worded it weird. That we have that much just surprised me. Kicked a lot down the road. Pay Wentz? More players? Roll some over or just keep it for chasing players as they become available? Nice we can still play a little. Really thought it was closer than that.

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

That's what I meant, worded it weird. That we have that much just surprised me. Kicked a lot down the road. Pay Wentz? More players? Roll some over or just keep it for chasing players as they become available? Nice we can still play a little. Really thought it was closer than that.

Well 7-8 mil of that will go for rooks,still we have a little loot to play with