DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

IDK.... I think we may see a formation this year ... Alshon, DeSean, Agholor, Ertz and Goedert ... with Goedert as the H back.   He can block and then release if needed... has all the top receiving threats on the field, plus the extra blocker.     I would think Clement does well as the receiving back, maybe one of the other 2, but I would assume the priority is getting the early down RB for now.  That's why I'm not seeing Coleman or Duke as the primary investment.   I agree they would fit here, just don't see either as the guy they invest in the most, because they would still need the main runner?   

I said if he fell in our lap(Duke lol),but yeah we need that 3rd and 2 dozer

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ingrahm gone in NO,so maybe Kamara takes they lead and Sproles goes "home" for one final year

Well.. NO signed Murray.   And thinking about it.... Kamara is the passing RB, both LA teams have Gordon and Gurley playing on 3rd down... so I'm not rushing on Sproles if I am the Eagles... he tells me he is interested in playing... then I say ok, we'll talk $$ in a month or so before OTAs that you miss every year anyway...lol.

Very happy with the receiving corps

Well.. NO signed Murray.   And thinking about it.... Kamara is the passing RB, both LA teams have Gordon and Gurley playing on 3rd down... so I'm not rushing on Sproles if I am the Eagles... he tells me he is interested in playing... then I say ok, we'll talk $$ in a month or so before OTAs that you miss every year anyway...lol.

Yeah he needs to come cheap....with a warranty lol

I said if he fell in our lap(Duke lol),but yeah we need that 3rd and 2 dozer

So how does Duke fall in our laps now?  Cleveland plenty of cap space... no need to cut him for $$.  Also Hunt suspended for 8 games, Duke would be the #2 RB.   He isn't falling anywhere, unless we make a good offer for him ... so its more like if he is our target, not if he falls in our laps.  IDK, I don't see the receiving RB as our #1 type to target at RB right now.

Just now, joemas6 said:

So how does Duke fall in our laps now?  Cleveland plenty of cap space... no need to cut him for $$.  Also Hunt suspended for 8 games, Duke would be the #2 RB.   He isn't falling anywhere, unless we make a good offer for him ... so its more like if he is our target, not if he falls in our laps.  IDK, I don't see the receiving RB as our #1 type to target at RB right now.

Cleveland likely isn’t in no rush to trade him now with Hunt likely will look to move him week 8 at the trade deadline

But I could see a deal for Howard... or atleast interest from the Eagles, I think that is the type of RB that is missing here.   IDK, I still think they may surprise us.  Someone could get cut or up for trade that we don't think.   Could happen in camp or right after the season starts too.  

Just now, joemas6 said:

True,but possibly the browns get someone in the draft,or maybe save money with Sproles(lol). Chubb and Hunt will be good when both can get on the field(but I still dont like Hunt)  

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

True,but possibly the browns get someone in the draft,or maybe save money with Sproles(lol). Chubb and Hunt will be good when both can get on the field(but I still dont like Hunt)  

Is Cleveland not happy with Duke?   I don't see the motivation for them wanting to get rid of him until they think they have better.  Not cheaper, but better RB in place.  I think we move on from that one... at least until late October.

Pittsburgh may also look at Sproles,conner fine as a 2 down RB,they could use Sproles for a year,so we'll see

Just now, joemas6 said:

Is Cleveland not happy with Duke?   I don't see the motivation for them wanting to get rid of him until they think they have better.  Not cheaper, but better RB in place.  I think we move on from that one... at least until late October.

No clue what the interest is with Cleveland trying to move him but was reports that Cleveland had him on the block and Philly and Dallas had interest 

I do believe a ton of it had to do with the addition of Hunt and Johnson just getting paid to much to essentially be the 3rd guy 

BTW... I don't see Darby's contract on OTC ... I think its more like $12 mil of cap space for now... either way, I don't expect a FA to sign here where we lose a 4th round comp pick... so no big splash.   A trade might be the biggest move we make other than smaller FA signings and the draft.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

No clue what the interest is with Cleveland trying to move him but was reports that Cleveland had him on the block and Philly and Dallas had interest 

I do believe a ton of it had to do with the addition of Hunt and Johnson just getting paid to much to essentially be the 3rd guy 

Yep ... not until October unless you blow them away with an offer... makes no sense until then.  I don't see the Eagles trading for him yet.  Draft day at the earliest.   but most likely would be an OCT move or else we pay too much.  

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Yep

Apparently,they have a rook that shows promise replacing Duke,so IDK what happens

They save $800k if they trade him prior to June 1.     They have $36 mil under the cap..... don't see a trade for $$ purposes... I see it for them looking to get value back.  

Just now, joemas6 said:

They save $800k if they trade him prior to June 1.     They have $36 mil under the cap..... don't see a trade for $$ purposes... I see it for them looking to get value back.  

I'm just the messenger

And I don't see the Eagles really looking to give up much.   Like I said, could come after the draft and when they see about Sproles.   He would be that guy, not the main guy they need.  That's why I don't see them giving up much for him now.

I'm just the messenger

Me too.   The #s are what they are.  Needs to show me value for Cleveland to want to do it now... not seeing $800k as value to give up without getting decent value back.  

Get value and save money in the future why would they want to pay Johnson more then both the guys ahead of them to sit on the bench mostly....I definitely don’t see the browns rushing to move Johnson now with Hunt being suspended but do see them wanting to move him(part of it could also be Johnson wanting to get moved knowing the situation as well)

And I don't see the Eagles really looking to give up much.   Like I said, could come after the draft and when they see about Sproles.   He would be that guy, not the main guy they need.  That's why I don't see them giving up much for him now.

Day 3 pick is what I’ve always said likely no higher then a 5th But was thinking more around a 6th 

Would a 5th or 6th interest the Browns right now no most likely not at the trade deadline Hunt coming back I could see them taking best offer just to move him

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Get value and save money in the future why would they want to pay Johnson more then both the guys ahead of them to sit on the bench mostly....I definitely don’t see the browns rushing to move Johnson now with Hunt being suspended but do see them wanting to move him(part of it could also be Johnson wanting to get moved knowing the situation as well)

Day 3 pick is what I’ve always said likely no higher then a 5th But was thinking more around a 6th 

Yep... So I think in October or during camp if the other RBs show anything ... would be the time we trade a 2020 late round pick if we need to do so.   I'm just talking about now.  Making moves at RB .. Duke shouldn't fall in our lap now to where we don't look to make other moves because of it.   So, lets put that one on the backburner for now.  Same with Sproles for another 6 weeks or so... the draft and any other possible moves need to shake out first.   

Still want Howard,haven't given up on that yet

See that one makes more sense... his role would be the clear early down RB to compliment the other guys.   That's more of a move to look to make before Duke.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yep... So I think in October or during camp if the other RBs show anything ... would be the time we trade a 2020 late round pick if we need to do so.   I'm just talking about now.  Making moves at RB .. Duke shouldn't fall in our lap now to where we don't look to make other moves because of it.   So, lets put that one on the backburner for now.  Same with Sproles for another 6 weeks or so... the draft and any other possible moves need to shake out first.   

Been saying for awhile now I don’t see a move at RB till the draft(were we draft a guy I see it in day 3 saying round 4) then we will add a RB like we did in Blount in 17....Whether that is a trade or a vet on the market cheap(CJ Anderson Maybe) 

Weren't the Eagles rumored last year before the trade deadline to be interested in the Cardinals RB David Johnson? Hey Howie, Could Johnson be your big surprise? LOL