DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

GBFL, Hear is a February 20th evaluation of linebackers by Fran Duffy.

Tre Lamar is missing here. That’s my guy. 6’ 4” 250 lb underclassman. Zeke and Bark would be hating us getting him. He would punish them. Everybody agrees he’s great a making reads quickly. Total consensus that he is a stud run stopper. Shuts down the run quickly to force bad down and distances on his opponent. Some give a knock on him in coverage. Of which he isn’t as fast as the S type guys. But the truth is Clemson just didn’t use him like that. So he needs to grow in coverage. I don’t believe it’s he can’t do it....just not exposed much yet. Crushing blitzer. And they even used him at DE. Used to QB spy. Obviously we have seen the difference a guy with size makes at LB...since Bradham got here. Seems like he compares to much of what they said about Vander Esch(my pick last year). But he has a higher ceiling.

Sendejo could definitely work in those Tampa 2 Robber looks we use a bit. I do see him as an upgrade doing the Corey Graham job. Schwartz did pretty well giving Graham a smaller area of range to cover.

Concerning Malik we use that penetration scheme. So even against the run we want that quick first step and penetration. That’s what Malik is good at. They didn’t want him on the field so much in run situations two gapping. That’s not how we will use him anyway so it’s of little relevance. The only area it matters is goaline/ short yardage situations. Maybe he isn’t the man for that job.

Couldn't resist re-posting;

Kevin Clark‏Verified account @bykevinclark

I know everyone will say a $430 million contract will never happen in football but just wait until Dave Gettleman extends Eli Manning.

37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tre Lamar is missing here. That’s my guy. 6’ 4” 250 lb underclassman. Zeke and Bark would be hating us getting him. He would punish them. Everybody agrees he’s great a making reads quickly. Total consensus that he is a stud run stopper. Shuts down the run quickly to force bad down and distances on his opponent. Some give a knock on him in coverage. Of which he isn’t as fast as the S type guys. But the truth is Clemson just didn’t use him like that. So he needs to grow in coverage. I don’t believe it’s he can’t do it....just not exposed much yet. Crushing blitzer. And they even used him at DE. Used to QB spy. Obviously we have seen the difference a guy with size makes at LB...since Bradham got here. Seems like he compares to much of what they said about Vander Esch(my pick last year). But he has a higher ceiling.

This is my favorite part of the post.   No need for the resume Ham, we all realize you know your football.  

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sendejo could definitely work in those Tampa 2 Robber looks we use a bit. I do see him as an upgrade doing the Corey Graham job. Schwartz did pretty well giving Graham a smaller area of range to cover.

I'm not a fan of the Sendejo move I've seen him week in and week out as a Viking and can honestly say I thought he was a liability for them most the time he was on the field. With that being said I hope he will work out here and will wait and see how we use him.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/tre-lamar  Nope not for our scheme

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Zeke and Bark would eat this guy for lunch lol .Read the scouting report.Teams will easily figure out how to neutralize this guy

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Couldn't resist re-posting;

Kevin Clark‏Verified account @bykevinclark

I know everyone will say a $430 million contract will never happen in football but just wait until Dave Gettleman extends Eli Manning.

Is this comedic sarcasm?? Extend Eli until what,he's 62?

3 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Oh man I would have much rather had Cobb for this year at 5 million then Ag for 9 million 

IMO Cobb losing a step now.Ag still has upside potential

4 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Oh man I would have much rather had Cobb for this year at 5 million then Ag for 9 million 

Really wasn't a choice though... Cobb was an unknown and Agholor was a bird in hand.  Sure, I would take Cobb and Coleman or Cobb and Ingrim for the same $$...  again though, without hindsight things are different.  

3 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I'm not a fan of the Sendejo move I've seen him week in and week out as a Viking and can honestly say I thought he was a liability for them most the time he was on the field. With that being said I hope he will work out here and will wait and see how we use him.

The more looking into this, the more I think its a Maragos replacement with the upside of being a Graham replacement also.   

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Zeke and Bark would eat this guy for lunch lol .Read the scouting report.Teams will easily figure out how to neutralize this guy

They are fast. But they better not try to run between the tackles or he will end their season. Just thinking of Batman sound effects Bam! Boom! Thwack! But which LB you know that can keep up with their speed? And I just flat disagreewith Draft Networks opinion. Watch the guy. Their opinion and what I see don’t match. 

https://youtu.be/O_O_5dnNu2c

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

When I listen to him he sounds like a guy that can run our defense.

He looks good but then everyone is a superstar on film.

Equally  important to me is he sounds like he has a bit between the ears

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They are fast. But they better not try to run between the tackles or he will end their season. Just thinking of Batman sound effects Bam! Boom! Thwack! But which LB you know that can keep up with their speed? And I just flat disagreewith Draft Networks opinion. Watch the guy. Their opinion and what I see don’t match. 

https://youtu.be/O_O_5dnNu2c

Yeah,but they can beat him outside,that's what I meant,I would rather have run stuffers on my line, and have the quick LB's free to help contain the outside,just how I would do it.Matter of opinions

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cobb looks done and washed up. No thanks.

IDK about washed up,but believe he has lost a step.Still we have seen careers re-juvenated before,so......

Sendejo looking like a 1 year deal for $1.3 mil.    Cheaper than Maragos or Graham.   To me seems like he will probably be looking to fill Maragos role with a bonus if he can fill Graham's role for that $$$.   The Fort move to me seems more ST and situational defense as well.   Hard for me to complain about these type of moves as I don't look at them as some people do where they think these guys are signing for major $$ or to play significant roles.    Its cheap roster depth with ST experience.  I think those two plus getting Hollins back should help with ST plus the backup roles and or certain part time packages.   Solid philosophy with these "MINOR" moves.  

With Jackson and Jackson being the more major impact moves with FA/ vets... I could see a couple more minor moves at OL and RB... otherwise the draft is the key for now.   With the extra pick in round 2, we need to come out with some players this year.  The opportunity is there.  With the first pick at #49 and only 4 more after that at 125,130,206 and 233 ... we weren't going gooble up a ton of help.   This year with 3 picks in the top 57 ... and the other 4 all in the top 197 ... its time.  Big drafts these next 2 years... not for $$ reasons related to Wentz's contract, but simply because we finally have some good picks.  Quality and quantitiy wise.  

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK about washed up,but believe he has lost a step.Still we have seen careers re-juvenated before,so......

Yep.... going from Rodgers to Dak should help him .....   LOL    (not a shot at you GBFL... just at Dak, its been a while, gotta get my fix)