DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

They saying we really like Josh Jacobs I just don’t see him being our first round pick....Hell he might not even be a 1st rounder anymore after his pro day running a 4.6 40

26 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yep.... going from Rodgers to Dak should help him .....   LOL    (not a shot at you GBFL... just at Dak, its been a while, gotta get my fix) 

IDk gotta wait and see 2 styles of QB's Rodgers a classic pocket passer,Dak a scrambler,Suppose Cobb would be fine on a QB roll pass.He should replace beasley's role

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

They saying we really like Josh Jacobs I just don’t see him being our first round pick....Hell he might not even be a 1st rounder anymore after his pro day running a 4.6 40

Agreed(WOW!!! HAHAHA) He is not the caliber Zeke of bark was.He's only a first pick because  the others are also weak.Not a great RB draft.I have us taking Higdon in the 4th and we DO make awesome UDFA choices(Clement/Adams).So I'm going for the UDFA hat trick and picking Ty Johnson from Maryland.I had to give up my initial UDFA pick in Trayveon Williams,cause he shot up the boards.Apparently at least I was right about him

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Agreed(WOW!!! HAHAHA) He is not the caliber Zeke of bark was.He's only a first pick because  the others are also weak.Not a great RB draft.I have us taking Higdon in the 4th and we DO make awesome UDFA choices(Clement/Adams).So I'm going for the UDFA hat trick and picking Ty Johnson from Maryland.I had to give up my initial UDFA pick in Trayveon Williams,cause he shot up the boards.Apparently at least I was right about him

Not expecting to get a Zeke or Barkley caliber guy not at 25 but I mean I wouldn’t even put Jacobs with Sony but I really like Sony coming out(damn NE)

15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO Cobb losing a step now.Ag still has upside potential

As our number 3 receiver he would have done just fine. A posession receiver like Avant who never had speed but ran good routes and had good hands yes please.

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cobb looks done and washed up. No thanks.

Losing a step is fine he is a much better route runner then Ag has ever dreamed of. Look at Steve Largent or Wayne Chrebet they didn't have the speed or elusiveness to make it as an NFL receiver but they were great route runners. 

32 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

As our number 3 receiver he would have done just fine. A posession receiver like Avant who never had speed but ran good routes and had good hands yes please.

Losing a step is fine he is a much better route runner then Ag has ever dreamed of. Look at Steve Largent or Wayne Chrebet they didn't have the speed or elusiveness to make it as an NFL receiver but they were great route runners. 

But AG is young and could get better??? Cobb has peaked at the best he will ever be.I would be ok if we had no alternatives,but I want young guys with still untapped potential vs old has beens 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDk gotta wait and see 2 styles of QB's Rodgers a classic pocket passer,Dak a scrambler,Suppose Cobb would be fine on a QB roll pass.He should replace beasley's role

UGH... Rodgers probably the best QB in the league for a long time when he rolls out... I would hardly call him a pocket passer????

48 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

True... also look at the eras those guys played in compared to now.  

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW DWD,I was more upset when we lost Avant,than I was losing DJax

Why?  

44 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

UGH... Rodgers probably the best QB in the league for a long time when he rolls out... I would hardly call him a pocket passer????

Rolling out,pocket moving is not the same as a QB who will take off as often as he throws.best "rollout" QB ever was tarkenton lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

But AG is young and could get better??? Cobb has peaked at the best he will ever be.I would be ok if we had no alternatives,but I want young guys with still untapped potential vs old has beens 

I would prefer a guy that you can count on to be clutch on 3rd down or in the redzone then a guy that has had 1 good year out of 4 but has potential. 

9 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I would prefer a guy that you can count on to be clutch on 3rd down or in the redzone then a guy that has had 1 good year out of 4 but has potential. 

No matter,the decision has been made

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Rolling out,pocket moving is not the same as a QB who will take off as often as he throws.best "rollout" QB ever was tarkenton lol

Nah.... Rodgers throws a dime way further down field than Tarkenton.   Scrambling backwards is different.   But like I said... mobility wise... Dak don't have much at all on Rodgers...especially when it comes to rolling out and throwing on the run .... really throwing in general.   Rodgers might actually be more elusive too.  

17 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

IDK... Agholor has made some clutch catches for us.   Going back to the Rams game when Foles first appeared in 2017 .. nice clutch catch to end the game, not an easy one either.    Made the play vs the Giants last year on 4th down.     I think with Ertz, Alshon and Goedert ... the better compliment is Agholor.     I'm looking forward to seeing him along side DJax too.   We've seen Agholor play his best when the opponent needs to put their fastest CB on another guy.  There will also have to be a good cover guy on both Alshon and Ertz.   It's really set up for Agholor do to well again ... especially with a full offseason of work with his QB.     

And cap space doesn't seem to be an issue here ... I think the Eagles are just targeting players that they want.   They could have paid the $$ for either Ingrim or Coleman and didn't.   I think they want Agholor on the one year deal regardless of $$ and cap space.   If they trade him, there will be compensation they want in return.  

Looking at the whole puzzle.... I'm very satisfied with our TE/WR combo.   Other areas to work on for sure.  

50 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

great clutch player like Amendola and Edelman

Nope... different type ... they are the quick guys that can get open in a phone booth ... Avant got open vs zone.    And YAC isn't close.    Avant was tough and could catch.  Give him attention and he wasn't going to get open... not like the other guys, especially Edlemen.  

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Rodgers is one of the most off the cuff QBs I’ve ever seen. Far from a traditional anything. Fantastic on the rollout. My first thought of best rollout QB Alltime is Steve Young...so I’ll stick with my first instinct.

2 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I mean AG has had back to back season with identical stats for the most part so how is one good and one bad???? We all know he had a terrible first two years 

8 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean AG has had back to back season with identical stats for the most part so how is one good and one bad???? We all know he had a terrible first two years 

He had a good second half of the year saved by the fact that Foles targeted him more often then Wentz did. He was struggling so bad we had to go out and get another wide receiver. He half the amount of TDs 4 instead of 8. He was literally invisible for multiple games.

I was reading this story about the power struggle in Pittsburg where they said Big Ben has an owner mentality. And he only wants to win his way. Anyway it finished up with saying Big Ben is a first ballot Hall of Famer. And I thought whoooaaa pump the breaks a little there. He’s in good shape to get in the Hall. I’ll give him that. Had good longevetity. He’s a six time Pro Bowler and a two time SB champ. But first ballot I just don’t see.

So I was noticing Byron Murphy, the CB out of Washington, only ran a 4.55 forty at the combine. That could be exactly what gets him to drop to 25. He’s been talked about in the running for best corner the whole draft process. That slow forty gets him a negative check on the man to man. Gets him labeled a zone corner. Works for us. But would you pull the trigger on a CB at 25? Not a need but very possibly BPA.

24 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

He had a good second half of the year saved by the fact that Foles targeted him more often then Wentz did. He was struggling so bad we had to go out and get another wide receiver. He half the amount of TDs 4 instead of 8. He was literally invisible for multiple games.

AG has 372 of his 736 yards in the first half the season....So over half his yards came in the first half with Wentz....That is with the fact he was pretty much the top WR with Alshon missing 3 games in that stretch and wasn’t in top shape even when he returned.

talk targets and catches 41 of AG catches came again in the first half the season 

So again how is one year bad and one year good when the stats were damn near identical 

AG has a bad year though stats were damn near identical but we want Cobb who had 25 catches 375 yards only 1 td oh and he played in 15 games so no excuse of injuries either(and if I hear so bs of well rodgers was hurt guess what So was Wentz)