DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH they cant play,thats why the are in the draft,ok got it.Some are PROJECTS.Most teams have those as future players.Thats WHY you have a STAFF no???? Sorry like in basketball you can't teach someone to be tall,and in football you can't teach someone how to go from a 5.0 40 to a 4.3,but you take them and see what you can mold,You expect every guy to start out of the box?? HAHA Even some round 1's fail.You're looking at round 1 guy's.I am, looking at players that will contribute 2 years from now,and once again in my view,although there are other factors(that you can TEACH) If a Db can't keep up with a 4.4 WR,then I will pass

Jenkins, Mcleod, Douglas, LeBlanc and Mills all run slower than that. That’s potentially our whole starting secondary! 

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Goal is set for the future no matter how we look at it going to need a pass rusher in near future same with DT.....Curry/Long both 30 plus on 1 year deals, Graham is already 30....DT both guys 29 going on 30 no real depth behind them maybe Hester takes a step forward but at best right now I see him maybe being a 3rd rotational piece 

Ot also.Tough to replace a pro bowler,but we need to get started

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Jenkins, Mcleod, Douglas, LeBlanc and Mills all run slower than that. That’s potentially our whole starting secondary! 

And we got burned on deep balls on multiple occasisions?

15 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Did you see this today yet? Just came out this morning. I would imagine that you & everyone else has already seen it!

NFL Mock Draft 2019: Eagles-Only 7-Round Version 5.0

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/csn/eagles/NFL_mock_draft_2019__Eagles-only_seven-round_version_5_0_nbsp__PHI-507460512.html

Interesting,still like my mock better though and IMO Tytus won't make it to 54(why he is not on my mock,but I know we like this guy alot)  

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sidney Jones ran 4.47 vs Baker running 4.52. Jones couldn't even play all season one. But that’s the difference to you?

Jones was hurt right????? Did we rush him back? possibly.Can he get faster? I believe so

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Jones was hurt right????? Did we rush him back? possibly.Can he get faster? I believe so

BTW we drafted him knowing this

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL you take all your DRC’s and I’ll take actual football players. I wonder which team would whoop up on whom? Track athletes or football players?

You gonna give me a year or 2? I'll beat you into the next zipcode if you do lol.Obviously I am thinking farther ahead than you

Ham gimme Usain Bolt,give me 2 years.I will teach him to catch and run patterns,GL finding a guy to cover him.All this talk to "we need speed at WR" but you don;t want guys that can run stride for stride with them? Cant follow this logic

NBC mock practically stealing from me. I had Dline first, Sanders and Howard in the second.

If Howard lasts to 54 it would be a gift from a the football gods

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

You gonna give me a year or 2? I'll beat you into the next zipcode if you do lol.Obviously I am thinking farther ahead than you

Definitely farther ahead....for what sport is the question? I like speed. But I put a higher premium on football playing than track times.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If Howard lasts to 54 it would be a gift from a the football gods

No way do I see him off the board before then. Howard is gifted but still a project.

Just saying we had Treggs(no dig on you 58),but apparently he was unteachable,or had a limited learning curve.Doesn't mean you STOP looking at either WR or DB

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Definitely farther ahead....for what sport is the question? I like speed. But I put a higher premium on football playing than track times.

Once AGAIN,you can;'t teach FAST,you CAN teach football skills,thats why we have a staff!!!!

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ham gimme Usain Bolt,give me 2 years.I will teach him to catch and run patterns,GL finding a guy to cover him.All this talk to "we need speed at WR" but you don;t want guys that can run stride for stride with them? Cant follow this logic

The whole league stays up at night worrying about Shelton Gibson

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No way do I see him off the board before then. Howard is gifted but still a project.

if we get him there I would be thrilled

The whole league stays up at night worrying about Shelton Gibson

maybe like Treggs he "doesn't get it" Doesn't mean I stop looking for one that DOES

John Ross broke the forty yard dash record. Baddest receiver to ever walk the Earth clearly!

I guess it's not sinking in,there  are fast guys that have a limited learning curve,there are others that DONT and those guys will be future stars,so stop looking???

John Ross broke the forty yard dash record. Baddest receiver to ever walk the Earth clearly!

bad coaching??? injury??? many thing to reckon with

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Well you wanted SPEED,so you should be hammering to get him here yes?

IDk just trying to figure out what you want.You said "we need a speed guy at WR",then you go against that and say speed doesn't matter,so I dont understand this(same with DB's)

Rather have Alshon Jeffrey that ran a 4.5 forty

we have him

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDk just trying to figure out what you want.You said "we need a speed guy at WR",then you go against that and say speed doesn't matter,so I dont understand this(same with DB's)

we have him

I never said speed doesn’t matter. I’m just not taking track guys over football players.

If Gibson is so bad why do we still have him? maybe this year he goes away,but....... 

I never said speed doesn’t matter. I’m just not taking track guys over football players.

The guys on that list are football players,or they would not be in the draft

If Gibson is so bad why do we still have him? maybe this year he goes away,but....... 

Gibson is that bad. What has he done? I’ll wait for the answer. I can’t even picture him making the team.

Gibson is that bad. What has he done? I’ll wait for the answer. I can’t even picture him making the team.

He;s still here lol

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Mailata was in the draft....never played football in his life.

He;s still here lol

I think maybe he goes away this year.If his learning is limited,we can do better

Mailata was in the draft....never played football in his life.

He wasn't drafted   high was he? Now you are diverting to a different position lol