DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He;s still here lol

3 catches for 59 yards. That’s his whole career. You go ahead with your track guys. I love a guy running fast but I need to see his tape looking impressive. You know that part where he actually is playing football. Not the Underwear Olympics!

At any rate I give up lol

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

3 catches for 59 yards. That’s his whole career. You go ahead with your track guys. I love a guy running fast but I need to see his tape looking impressive. You know that part where he actually is playing football. Not the Underwear Olympics!

Then why is he still here?

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH so the fastest guys at the combine are all track guys? Dont think so(think they may have played college ball maybe-not sure)

Why is he still here? Wasted a roster spot we needed for an actual football player last year.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why is he still here? Wasted a roster spot we needed for an actual football player last year.

Well call Novacare,they are in need of your expertise

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well call Novacare,they are in need of your expertise

I DO think this is the year we give up on him,however we did the same with AG

SOOOOO,I am looking at guys on that list we actually met with and Woods(the S) was the fastest guy.Now if we didnt think he had football brains,we wouldn't have bothered,but you can't deny speed played a roll in us looking

As of now,we have only visited with TWO WR's(thus the Djax signing) renfro and Wesley

OH well out for now HF all

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

SOOOOO,I am looking at guys on that list we actually met with and Woods(the S) was the fastest guy.Now if we didnt think he had football brains,we wouldn't have bothered,but you can't deny speed played a roll in us looking

No doubt. why not look extra in to guys that are burners versus guys that are really slow? But I even find other drills more important than forty times. I place a higher value on the shuttle run. And we all love very athletic guys. But how tall is he? How long are his arms? What kind of vertical jump does he have. 

I want to see fluid hips in a DB

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

a move up 10 in round 1 would take alot.We already did that for Wentz(understandable),but thats the KEY position.This year with limited cap,I dont want to sell the farm to buy a barn.i want many players,either as BU's WIP's or maybe a starter or 2,but I'm not selling out this year or next for one guy.If we need to move 1-3,ok but 10 is too costly IMO

Cap is fine... especially when it comes to the draft picks ... they will draft with only getting the best players in mind.  Cap won't change anything.  

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ham gimme Usain Bolt,give me 2 years.I will teach him to catch and run patterns,GL finding a guy to cover him.All this talk to "we need speed at WR" but you don;t want guys that can run stride for stride with them? Cant follow this logic

Remember the 49ers got ... Rinaldo Skeets Niamiah   ... the track star from the 80s  (Im sure I'm spelling it wrong.. but I believe he was the gold medal winner for something)   didn't really work out.... straight line speed is not what the sport is about, how can you cut, how can you anticipate your next move etc.    You can train Usain all you want... bump him at the line then what do you got?   He's going to need to run more than just straight.    I had this discussion with Woody all the time.... size and speed don't replace skill set.   A heavier guy doesn't always win the battle.... the faster straight runner doesn't always win the battle.  

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

John Ross broke the forty yard dash record. Baddest receiver to ever walk the Earth clearly!

I agree ... he's pretty bad.   

37 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Cap is fine... especially when it comes to the draft picks ... they will draft with only getting the best players in mind.  Cap won't change anything.  

I know,it's just we are a bit limited with whats left

43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know,it's just we are a bit limited with whats left

How... in terms of the draft?   

Article about the Eagles doing enough moves to free up cap space that put us in position to have the 11th most cap in the NFL at just under 29m....Pretty sure they don’t include Curry and Sendjuo but even adding them still should be around 25m not sure why we are still worried about cap Howie got it under control....We have plenty of room to do what we want 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Article about the Eagles doing enough moves to free up cap space that put us in position to have the 11th most cap in the NFL at just under 29m....Pretty sure they don’t include Curry and Sendjuo but even adding them still should be around 25m not sure why we are still worried about cap Howie got it under control....We have plenty of room to do what we want 

And especiall via the draft .... a move up from 25 to 15 would be less than a $500k cap hit.   Plus you figure it could be less of a cap hit in total if you use another pick to move up.  Right now a little over $6 mil needed for draft picks as far as cap space.... we are fine!   I think Howie is saving space for after the comp pick deadline... and into the summer so as to be able to sign additional player or make additional moves... perhaps even a big trade where we can get a player that needs a lot of cap space... otherwise it carries forward.  Either way we are fine.  We aren't signing big name players now anyway.  

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

How... in terms of the draft?   

No FA,we have to keep some for paying the draftees

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Looks like we will be fine.We should be able to secure some type of RB in FA,maybe 2.I really hope we avoid trading picks to move up,we need a youth injection(like we say every year lol)

Since Suds is now the BU(at the moment) I,as a fan,really would like to see him more in garbage time.I know the FO knows about him,but as I said,as a FAN it would be comforting to see a player that could take over if Wentz is hurt again and feel confident.I will go watch some of his highlight vids. I'm thinking with the freed up cap,we MAY leave Sproles on the team one final year,he won't cost alot and once again I am all for keeping 5 RB's which I got blasted for before lol. On the WR front,happy with who we have.Like to see Hollins some as a COP WR.Gibson? IDK if he sticks around this time.Like Wrangs guy Renfro as a slot prospect.i'm also gonn look at vids of Alex Wesley.He's the "other" WR we met with(UDFA pick up) just to see what they see in him

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yep ... a little over $6 mil.   If we have like 20 mil of cap space and all agree we aren't signing any big free agents in order to keep the comp picks ... I wouldn't worry about $6 mil of cap space used for drafties.    Great page here below... has all the draft picks, how much cap hit for each... and the comp picks on the right side.... all in one.   Instead of worrying about vague ideas of havingto pay draft picks... its good to actually see the numbers.   The cap hit for the draftees is irrelevent.   Won't effect any trade ups.   They will trade up, trade back or stay put simply on who is available and who they want.... cap space will have ZERO impact on that.   

https://overthecap.com/draft

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Since Suds is now the BU(at the moment) I,as a fan,really would like to see him more in garbage time.I know the FO knows about him,but as I said,as a FAN it would be comforting to see a player that could take over if Wentz is hurt again and feel confident.

IDK... I thought he looked pretty good vs Washington ... when the game actually meant something.... garbage time is just that... garbage.   Seeing him play with a 4 TD lead with 5 minutes left and he hands off ... doesn't really do much for me.  But I liked the way he looked vs Washington.  He was our best QB last year ... lol.  

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yep ... a little over $6 mil.   If we have like 20 mil of cap space and all agree we aren't signing any big free agents in order to keep the comp picks ... I wouldn't worry about $6 mil of cap space used for drafties.    Great page here below... has all the draft picks, how much cap hit for each... and the comp picks on the right side.... all in one.   Instead of worrying about vague ideas of havingto pay draft picks... its good to actually see the numbers.   The cap hit for the draftees is irrelevent.   Won't effect any trade ups.   They will trade up, trade back or stay put simply on who is available and who they want.... cap space will have ZERO impact on that.   

https://overthecap.com/draft

Liking that 2020 3 and 4 pick for Foles and tate already lol

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... I thought he looked pretty good vs Washington ... when the game actually meant something.... garbage time is just that... garbage.   Seeing him play with a 4 TD lead with 5 minutes left and he hands off ... doesn't really do much for me.  But I liked the way he looked vs Washington.  He was our best QB last year ... lol.  

Yeah.I know the FO knows what they are doing,just from a fan standpoint I would like to see him in a "critical" moment.I suppose we snag a UDFA QB as a camp arm,if in fact,we are happy with Suds as our #2.Hopefully that will be someone we can keep on as our #3 

Liking that 202 3 and 4 pick for Foles and tate already lol

Right... looks goood when you actually see it.  Pick #97.    That was my barometer for any trades ...etc.    Knowing with a release that we had all that cap space from the beginning and pck #97 pretty much in the bag (barring lack of playing time)   ... all that franchise tage/trade stuff talk ... it was obvious a trade had to be already worked out for the tag to happen... and other than Jax, nothing made sense.