DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

The NFL has declared all players must wear giant, blowup sumo wrestler unies on kickoffs.

I think this would be more fun

4F9B8E80-26AE-4046-87A7-171848A3B556.jpeg

Very telling about the Browns (and Eagles). that Foles would rather be the backup in Philly than the starter in Cleveland.

3 hours ago, stine said:

GBFL- Sell your LGCY Stock. Just heard some bad news. Time to collect the profits and run. Meanwhile CHK is a good gamble...

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4175776-chesapeake-energy-common-making-move

Sold,still made a little.CHK is too pricey.have it on watch if it drops

21 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

What will happen now is, they'll get $4.4 immediately and in 10 days they'll get the other $1.6 million.

Nice move.Liked him well enough,but hey if you won't take a pay cut(understandable),then you put yourself out there in lieu of helping your present team out

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

YAY,the league FINALLY got the anthem debacle right!!!

This sure took them long enough,but I believe it's a fair move for all the players and fans

Personally I agree w/ 49ers owner Jed York - players need to be involved in these types of decisions

Also like Jets' owner Chris Johnson - the team will pay the fines.

I remember when they didn't even play the anthem before games.

A simpler way would have simply brought out the players after the anthem. Then they could have a moment of prayer/protest/solidarity after the players assembled on the field. The players get their moment and no perceived disrespect for the flag that trumpy twisted it into and the ignorant masses fell for.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Personally I agree w/ 49ers owner Jed York - players need to be involved in these types of decisions

Does a factory worker at GM decide on car designs?

Also like Jets' owner Chris Johnson - the team will pay the fines.

I remember when they didn't even play the anthem before games.

A simpler way would have simply brought out the players after the anthem. Then they could have a moment of prayer/protest/solidarity after the players assembled on the field. The players get their moment and no perceived disrespect for the flag that trumpy twisted it into and the ignorant masses fell for.

What about the patriotic players that want to pay homage to the flag?

I would have the view that the NFL focus should be about football. However, their are much bigger issues here than football.  As a veteran I swore to protect the American people, by the way, the people of this country, reflect the values of the  American flag,  The American people constitutionally have the right to peaceful protest.  That’s why I proudly wear that flag. Now the NFL,  for profit... Corporate profit, Sponsorships and image, say they won’t allow players to protest peaceful. This got s#/t to do with Patriotism. Clearly, its NOT the most economically popular view.  Mann I wonder what other Constitional rights will other Corporations now dismiss and abandon because it’s not the more popular or profitable view. Unhappy, wealthy sponsors. I guess it’s  finally public.  The Biggest and most Profitable, Powerful Corporation in the world, has deemed that if you want to express your Constitutional right in our league...they will tell you where and when. Constitutional Rights...Hahahaha...is what the Corporations make it to be. This is the beginning of a Damm.niing path by Corporations and what it now represents for the American way of life. 

16 minutes ago, trini said:

I would have the view that the NFL focus should be about football. However, their are much bigger issues here than football.  As a veteran I swore to protect the American people, by the way, the people of this country, reflect the values of the  American flag,  The American people constitutionally have the right to peaceful protest.  That’s why I proudly wear that flag. Now the NFL,  for profit... Corporate profit, Sponsorships and image, say they won’t allow players to protest peaceful. This got s#/t to do with Patriotism. Clearly, its NOT the most economically popular view.  Mann I wonder what other Constitional rights will other Corporations now dismiss and abandon because it’s not the more popular or profitable view. Unhappy, wealthy sponsors. I guess it’s  finally public.  The Biggest and most Profitable, Powerful Corporation in the world, has deemed that if you want to express your Constitutional right in our league...they will tell you where and when. Constitutional Rights...Hahahaha...is what the Corporations make it to be. This is the beginning of a Damm.niing path by Corporations and what it now represents for the American way of life. 

This 100%

Guess it matters which side you choose - a Navy Seal who advised an NFL QB or an NFL hating 5 time draft dodger who went skiing instead.

image.png.994bb35d459505e892943c6425a8be5d.png

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Guess it matters which side you choose - a Navy Seal who advised an NFL QB or an NFL hating 5 time draft dodger who went skiing instead.

7A54AD29-0D1F-4E6C-8863-86434F657D43.gif

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

This never had anything to do with the flag until trumpy twisted it around.

No Kaepernick.The president has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag and the anthem.Blame the right people,but an easy cop out for you eh?

Nope that was the liar in chief Obummer

2 hours ago, trini said:

Disrespecting the flag and country that brought these fools riches,gave them an education/scholarship and others who fought and died so they could act like idiots is the ultimate hypocrasy .Try getting a 15 million dollar contract in South Africa,not gonna happen.You have issues and want to protest do it on your OWN time.If they were not "stars" noone would have even noticed them. Once again MJK has to bring politics in here.Kaepernick pleads and protests "opression" while wearing a Che Guevara T shirt? I'm SO glad he is unemployed and hope it stays that way The USA is the best country on the planet.Are we perfect? No of course not,but acting juvenile is not going to solve anything.I hope he never works again even at Wal-Mart.The NFL did the right thing  

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Disrespecting the flag and country that brought these fools riches,gave them an education/scholarship and others who fought and died so they could act like idiots is the ultimate hypocrasy .Try getting a 15 million dollar contract in South Africa,not gonna happen.You have issues and want to protest do it on your OWN time.If they were not "stars" noone would have even noticed them. Once again MJK has to bring politics in here.Kaepernick pleads and protests "opression" while wearing a Che Guevara T shirt? I'm SO glad he is unemployed and hope it stays that way The USA is the best country on the planet.Are we perfect? No of course not,but acting juvenile is not going to solve anything.I hope he never works again even at Wal-Mart.The NFL did the right thing  

In South Africa? HELL NO you won't get a 15 million dollar contract...THIS IS AMERICA... a Nation of Rights and Freedom. The Right to express your point of view. A Nation of free will. It doesn't matter if you are a NSDAP, Black Panther, Supremacist, Republican, Democrat, Rich.  It doesn't matter UNLESS  you're poor...cause then you don't matter. The American Flag is a reflection, an embodiment of the American peoples will. American soldiers gave their lives, their blood for generations, so that... ALL,  have rights.  The American military after generations of Sacrifice, Blood, challenged all the Tyrants, Dictators, Bullies, WORLD WIDE... wherever they were... Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, Ida Amin, wherever those  BULLIES showed their heads, our veterans were there willing and giving their ALL. THEIR ALL.  So we at home can have FREEDOM of Expression, Free will, Constitutional rights. It is an insult to equate these PROTESTS. for football, or Patriotism.

Now that the NFL has bent over, what do y'all think is the next American Constitutional right will be redefined by Corporations or People of Power hahahahaha. Y'all know we have seen all these signs  before, the difference is THEN. The world knew the AMERICAN people their will would protect them from Tyranny and Control. Freedom and Rights for ALL was the AMERICAN way, even if it didn't agree with your point of view. You could be in America. Y'all already know what's coming. God Bless America. " Funny our great leaders response to our Constitutional Right to protest, is our American Citizens should be expelled, from their country if the disagree. WOOOOO those that gave their lives for this country are turning in their graves.

I better get back to football. Love My Eagles.

Once in a while politics is unavoidable on this web site. We are all sports minded but even politics has been introduced into our sports now and it will probably continue for the unforeseeable future. I am man enough to read both sides of the issues from my Eagles friends without getting offended. Of course I have opinions like everyone else when it comes to politics. There is a quote from high school that I still remember to this day and I am 65 years old now. " Do not judge someone's life story by the chapter you walked in on". It has served me well through the years.