DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

NO clue,just pointing out these are the guys we are looking at DE's with OLB ability.You can argue with me all you want,but thats who we are looking at

Where we differ is The term OLB in our scheme none of the guys we are looking at have OLB ability none of them are being talked about a 4-3 LBs because they are not 4-3 LBs they are pass rushers.....A 43 DE and the 34 OLB are both the primary pass rushers on there teams 

Just think what it takes to run a 4-3. We're always trying to improve the 4, the 3 not so much. Get that part together we'll be at the top.

11 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Just think what it takes to run a 4-3. We're always trying to improve the 4, the 3 not so much. Get that part together we'll be at the top.

We need good players at the 3... I’m buying, watching those 2 young Cowboy LB’ers play clearly makes their DLine more effective... I don’t get our Birds lack of interest in securing better talent at that LB position especially with the RB’s in our Division. Wen those runners get to the second level... we’re toast.

New mock draft

25 Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson

53 Darrell Henderson RB Memphis

57 Kaleb McGary T Washington

127 Terrill Hanks OLB New Mexico State

138 Khalil Hodge MLB Buffalo

163 Keelan Doss WR Cal-Davis

197 Mike Edwards S Kentucky

14 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

New mock draft

25 Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson

53 Darrell Henderson RB Memphis

57 Kaleb McGary T Washington

127 Terrill Hanks OLB New Mexico State

138 Khalil Hodge MLB Buffalo

163 Keelan Doss WR Cal-Davis

197 Mike Edwards S Kentucky

I'm a little torn at 25 the more I think about it I can see us going Jeffrey Simmons there. Especially with Cox's contract more than likely getting shredded next year and redone/let go. Simmons is a top 5 prospect in this draft I don't see him making it out of the 1st rd.

6 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I'm a little torn at 25 the more I think about it I can see us going Jeffrey Simmons there. Especially with Cox's contract more than likely getting shredded next year and redone/let go. Simmons is a top 5 prospect in this draft I don't see him making it out of the 1st rd.

I really like Jeffery Simmons a ton but damn is it tough to take a guy round 1 that likely won’t play....At the same time wouldn’t have a chance at an easy top 10 talent(possibly even top 5) if he wasn’t.....I would be all for Simmons in round 1 I keep mocking him to us in round 2 hoping he falls further because of the injury lol 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I really like Jeffery Simmons a ton but damn is it tough to take a guy round 1 that likely won’t play....At the same time wouldn’t have a chance at an easy top 10 talent(possibly even top 5) if he wasn’t.....I would be all for Simmons in round 1 I keep mocking him to us in round 2 hoping he falls further because of the injury lol 

In the 2nd at 53 he would probably be considered the steal of the draft lol

Just now, downwithdallas said:

In the 2nd at 53 he would probably be considered the steal of the draft lol

Hahahahahaha I can dream lol I mean maybe not exactly comparable but Sidney Jones was consider a top 15 talent and he slide to us in the 2nd so always a chance 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Hahahahahaha I can dream lol I mean maybe not exactly comparable but Sidney Jones was consider a top 15 talent and he slide to us in the 2nd so always a chance 

Always a chance especially if you go by some of the mocks out there have him going in the 3rd.

This kid can play I think if we move him off the line he would be a good OLB. He was mostly used as an edge defender but he has the ability to play standing up too. 4.98 speed isn't great but with our Dline I think he would be fine. Plus in most 4-3 sets we play zone with our LB's and should be fine. He has a knack for being around the ball and is a tough run defender. 

So I am going to play around with a Mock draft.

1st- Ford,Lindstrom,Bradbury- We look to bolster the OL in the 1st round I don't know much about the OL in this draft so I just listed couple of the top names I have heard(if you like someone different plug them in instead) might not be the starter the whole season but the guy we draft likely is a day 1 starter filling in for Brooks who should miss time early in the season.

2nd- Jeffery Simmons DT Miss. St.- This guy is tough to project many see him as a top 10 talent if he was healthy. I am perfectly fine swapping Simmons and the OL in the 1st round if need be but for now I say Simmons falls into the 2nd round because of the injury and we get a complete steal at DT even if he doesn't help much(or at all) year 1.

2nd- Darnell Savage S Maryland- I love Savage has been climbing up boards recently and looking like he will end up a day 2 pick. I think he can instantly come in and compete for the 3rd S spot and might need some fine tuning but should be able to take over as a future starter for whoever leaves first McLeod or Jenkins.

4th-Blake Cashman LB Minnesota- He has all the tools needed to become a 3 down LB he needs some discipline help in coverage but the athletic ability is there. With Vets like Bradham and Fort here 

4th- Will Grier QB WVU- This pick will be absolutely hated and I know it already but both the coach and the owner have come out talking about wanting to get back to drafting QBs and building a pipeline at the position. Honestly I hope I am wrong but have to go by what is being said. Grier is a highly productive QB coming from a school that we love to draft players from and in the 4th round he would be a good talent/value

5th-Trysten Hill DT UCF- has some concerns about him has been in some trouble with his coaches because of how opinionated he can be but at the same time has a ton of talent. With Simmons not likely to play year 1 we add a guy that can compete for the 3 DT role with Hector and Hester 

6th- Trade pick for Duke Johnson- I am a form believer that Duke will be dealt if not during the draft likely after but for the sake of this draft we use our final pick in the 6th round to trade for Duke Johnson.

If your the Giants do you push hard to try and pry Russell Wilson away from Seattle???? I mean Wilson is a top 5 QB who is only 30 still could easily have a decade of high level play....

21 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If your the Giants do you push hard to try and pry Russell Wilson away from Seattle???? I mean Wilson is a top 5 QB who is only 30 still could easily have a decade of high level play....

When was the last time the Eagles beat him??????????

They believe in Eli! They screwed the pooch not getting a QB last yr. Let's predict the future. If they don't go QB now and become a mid range team, it will cost them more to move up in future yrs - but they have a really good RB, lol!

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

They believe in Eli! They screwed the pooch not getting a QB last yr. Let's predict the future. If they don't go QB now and become a mid range team, it will cost them more to move up in future yrs - but they have a really good RB, lol!

Sure they like Eli(or at the very least support him right now) but if Wilson truly wants out of Seattle and reports saying he wants the Giants....You don’t think NY would make a play for him???? I would hate for that to happen but think if your the Giants you at least attempt to get him hell give up both your firsts Eli and some 2020 pick worse case they say no 

25... Dexter Lawrence.... Jeffery Simmons... If there has been a run on DT...Jeffery Simmons May not last to second...

53... Jerry Tillery....Chris Lindstrom or Bradbury.

57...Darnell Henderson RB

127... Hakeem Butler WR Iowa

138... Darnell Savage. S... Maryland.

163...Anthony Bradford OT LSU ... probably play guard in NFL

197...Tre Watson.... IMLB...Maryland... he might be gone 

1st Complete mock😩don’t kill me too badly...hehehe.

5 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

It's not self defense if you willingly step outside to throw down. Now if he pursued him outside when he was trying to walk away that's a different story.  From the sounds of it though he willingly stepped outside to take him on.

Looks like more and more you are liking my picks. We can't argue and debate if you keep doing that lol I don't think he will go undrafted though he is to talented. I have seen him mocked as high as a 4th not that it really means anything until draft day actually happens, but that kid has some special abilities.

OHHHH no,someone calls me out I'm there my friend and that is self defense.At least they went outside lol

19 minutes ago, trini said:

25... Dexter Lawrence.... Jeffery Simmons... If there has been a run on DT...Jeffery Simmons May not last to second...

IMO if Butler and Savage go there,I will buy you all the tasykakes you can eat in a year

OK my mock.IDk how to indent-comp stupid/dinosaur lol 1) Christian Wilkins-DT 2) Darnell Savage-S(sorry 93 I beat you to the punch)2) Henderson-RB 4)Tytus Howard-OT(we may need to move into 3 to get him) 4) Oshane Ximines-DE/OLB 5) James Williams(RB) 6) Keelan Doss-WR   I would also like to have Dennard as a FA CB. UDFA's-Brett Rypien-QB,Ty Johnson-RB,Ulysses Grant-OLB,Trysten Hill-DT,Fred Johnson-OG,Alex Wesley-WR,Vinny Papale-WR,Kingsley Keke-DT/DE

53 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Him being top 5 QB is definitely debatable you forsure have Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger ahead of him. The next tier of QBs include a bunch of young talent and an old man Rivers, Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Dak, Cousins and Wilson. I would probably put Rivers and Goff ahead of him though.

Logic- Dennard,solid CB,adding Savage gives us a nice secondary(at least 1/2) for the future should Dennard work out. Pairing Henderson with Williams along with Clement gives us a nice RB tandem/trio for 4 years.Howard,future OT,Ximines nothing needs said.Doss,nice project with BIG upside  

31 minutes ago, trini said:

I won't knock you to bad lol but I would love this mock because I debated Lindstrom at 25 savage and butler will go 2nd or 3rd probably so if we get all that sign me up buddy 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Logic- Dennard,solid CB,adding Savage gives us a nice secondary(at least 1/2) for the future should Dennard work out. Pairing Henderson with Williams along with Clement gives us a nice RB tandem/trio for 4 years.Howard,future OT,Ximines nothing needs said.Doss,nice project with BIG upside  

Did you check out my LBs I posted videos of nice late round picks