DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, downwithdallas said:

Did you check out my LBs I posted videos of nice late round picks 

IDK seems we dont draft LB's(WE SHOULD),we tend to snag FA's

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Where we differ is The term OLB in our scheme none of the guys we are looking at have OLB ability none of them are being talked about a 4-3 LBs because they are not 4-3 LBs they are pass rushers.....A 43 DE and the 34 OLB are both the primary pass rushers on there teams 

Once again you are ASSUMING,NOONE can make a change or do anything else except what the "pros" tell you

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Logic- Dennard,solid CB,adding Savage gives us a nice secondary(at least 1/2) for the future should Dennard work out. Pairing Henderson with Williams along with Clement gives us a nice RB tandem/trio for 4 years.Howard,future OT,Ximines nothing needs said.Doss,nice project with BIG upside  

I was a big Dennard fan in the draft but seeing him play in the  NFL he is very inconsistent. One week he is shut down the next he gives up 3 TDs and 200 yards to the exact same type of WR. So I'm not super high on him. He is very physical at the line but he either wins or loses there. He doesn't have makeup speed if he gets beat.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Once again you are ASSUMING,NOONE can make a change or do anything else except what the "pros" tell you

If QB's can become WR's,that is a HUGE jump,but DE's can't become OLB's???

Just now, downwithdallas said:

I was a big Dennard fan in the draft but seeing him play in the  NFL he is very inconsistent. One week he is shut down the next he gives up 3 TDs and 200 yards to the exact same type of WR. So I'm not super high on him. He is very physical at the line but he either wins or loses there. He doesn't have makeup speed if he gets beat.

Our guys get beat too lol Cincy secondary was rated top 10

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If QB's can become WR's,that is a HUGE jump,but DE's can't become OLB's???

Our guys get beat too lol Cincy secondary was rated top 10

I know our guys get beat too but they are more consistent they get beat every game lol

10 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Him being top 5 QB is definitely debatable you forsure have Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger ahead of him. The next tier of QBs include a bunch of young talent and an old man Rivers, Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Dak, Cousins and Wilson. I would probably put Rivers and Goff ahead of him though.

I would take Wilson over Big Ben....River and Wilson about the same and no way I take Goff ahead of him....But all opinion I see Wilson as top 5 

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

It isn’t assuming anything the reality the guy is not a 43 LB it isn’t a bad thing I like the player just as a DE as a pass rusher why are you so hell bent on wanting to make him something he is not 

Speaking of making a change, The Panthers new WR Chris Hogan made the change from 3 years of Lacrosse on a scholarship at Penn State to one year of college football at Monmouth as a QB/WR/CB all in the same year. Signed as UDFA  by the 49er's - cut. Signed by the Giants- cut. Signed by the Dolphins - cut. Signed by the Bills and made their roster for one year and then was signed by the Patriots. Now he is with Carolina. A lot of folks aren't aware of the nickname Hogan was given in New England. "7-Eleven" because he's always open. 

12 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I know our guys get beat too but they are more consistent they get beat every game lol

😆

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I would take Wilson over Big Ben....River and Wilson about the same and no way I take Goff ahead of him....But all opinion I see Wilson as top 5 

I would put Mahomes in that top 5.At least based on last years output.Now we need to see if he has the consistency/ longevity the others have.

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would put Mahomes in that top 5.At least based on last years output.Now we need to see if he has the consistency/ longevity the others have.

I’m on wait and see with Mahomes want to see him do it again before say yea he is top 5....

My top 5

1.Brady

2-3 Brees/Rodgers see them as interchangeable 

4.Wilson

5- another tie but Big Ben/Rivers think you could can make a case for either.

My wait and see guys Wentz/Mahomes Both guys can play at there highs should easily crack the top 5.... 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m on wait and see with Mahomes want to see him do it again before say yea he is top 5....

My top 5

1.Brady

2-3 Brees/Rodgers see them as interchangeable 

4.Wilson

5- another tie but Big Ben/Rivers think you could can make a case for either.

My wait and see guys Wentz/Mahomes Both guys can play at there highs should easily crack the top 5.... 

Add Mayfield in there too

IDK I just don't see Wilson as a top 5.He's good in the clutch,but IMO not a top 5 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK I just don't see Wilson as a top 5.He's good in the clutch,but IMO not a top 5 .I would replace Wilson with Rivers

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK I just don't see Wilson as a top 5.He's good in the clutch,but IMO not a top 5 

All matters of opinion pretty much only thing people tend to agree on is the top 3 QBs(the order for those 3 might change around) but almost always see Brady,Brees,Rodgers....After them make a case for a few different QBs to round out the top 5 

How much of our guys getting beat is due to the players and how much is due to Schwartz making them play off? I've always thought that good LB's force more pressure on the QB and improve run D, allowing the secondary to play tighter. With the rules these days, WR's alrady get an advantage, don't need to give them even more by playing so far off.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, GreenbleedinFL said:

OH must be why they say "projects to OLB in the NFL"

Probably because they are thinking he is an OLB in a 3-4 scheme in the NFL?

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Probably because they are thinking he is an OLB in a 3-4 scheme in the NFL?

Possible.At any rate,no matter I took him off my mock lol

On 4/14/2019 at 11:23 AM, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nice find!!!

Dude reminds me of Sproles,the agility/fast change of direction

Interesting,our 25 for KC 29 and 63(like it) Simmons at 29 and the 63 pick.I would be fine with this.Think round 2/3 is the place to get your players(maybe not stars,but solid guys)

17 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Him being top 5 QB is definitely debatable you forsure have Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger ahead of him. The next tier of QBs include a bunch of young talent and an old man Rivers, Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Dak, Cousins and Wilson. I would probably put Rivers and Goff ahead of him though.

I would say Wilson is better than Ben.  If they swapped teams the last 3 years... Ben would be awful in Seattle,  and I think Pittsburgh would do at least as good.   The difference in OL is night and day between those two teams.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Outside of 1Brady, 2 Breese,  3 Wilson. 4 Big Ben. 5 Wentz. I don’t see Rogers as a top 5 QB anymore he needs to show something this year, as one of the game’s highest paid player " Blasphemy " hehehe. One could say Rodgers had a bad coach he won a SB with?  not enough talent around him for a player that arguably was touted as a GOAT...when was the last time Rodgers was relevant?

As Ron Jaworski said years ago ... "The QB position is the most dependent position in all of sports ... you depend on your coach, play caller, OL, and the WRs.  The Steelers OL, WRs and RB ... don't sell them short.  They have had talent on the O for a long time now.  To me, if you watch the games (which I do with the wife being a Stillers fan) the QB play has not been that great as far as looking at effects on wins and losses.   

Seattle without Wilson... would be pushing Clevelands record between 2016-2017.    If you look at stats, Ben looks great... Wilson ... he's ok.  Wins and losses.... Wilson is way more impactful.  I don't even think its close.