DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thank the Phils for our 3 straight road games. The league tries not to schedule home games when they think the baseball team in the same city will be playing, as per the head scheduler Howard Katz.

Go Phils! We'll forgive you.

4 tough road games

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

After looking at the highlights of G Chris Lindstrom I can see a trade back as plan 1A... Move from 25 to 29 and take Lindstrom... KC gets 25,127,197... Philly gets 29,92, 214

Big Red will want Jacobs to replace Kareem Hunt

5 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

After looking at the highlights of G Chris Lindstrom I can see a trade back as plan 1A... Move from 25 to 29 and take Lindstrom... KC gets 25,127,197... Philly gets 29,92, 214

I don't really like that swap of picks.....  we move down 4 spots in the first round.... to move up from 127 to 92???  Plus then we also have to move back from 197 to 214????    I'm not a fan of that at all.   You give the opportunity for KC to secure their guy at 25 and we have 4 chances of losing our guy... that's gotta have better value than that ... I don't care what any chart would say.  

We can swap 138 for 92 ... and let it go there.   Otherwise Andy can take a chance that he loses his guy.  

10 hours ago, trini said:

Yea we ballin this year...a murderous row , start to finish Bears, Patsies, Seahawks vs Wentz and our crew😝😝I CAN’T WAIT.

Pats off the bye week,like it! We will be rested

7 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

HAHA yeah Jacobs is the ONLY RB in this draft!! Amazing!!

Zach Miller retiring,this should put the Bears in play for Fant,which will be one pick better for us to get who we want

No they wont trade up 4 spots.If he loses Jacobs,there are other backs to get in 2,3 that will do just fine.Harris as a "consolation" prize would suit KC just fine 

So NOW expanding games overseas.I really HATE this idea.If they want American football let the fans fly over HERE

I have not seen a guard move the pile like him anywhere else in the draft... KNOWING that G translates to T and C with coaching... this is an attractive prospect

Yep the best G in this draft,but you know it IS vs college players.So,IMO he may be a great NFL guard, but it will be tougher for him to move the pile in the NFL

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No they wont trade up 4 spots.If he loses Jacobs,there are other backs to get in 2,3 that will do just fine.Harris as a "consolation" prize would suit KC just fine 

Though I don’t see KC moving up for a RB doesn’t fit Andy we can’t say for certain what any team will do.....

So NOW expanding games overseas.I really HATE this idea.If they want American football let the fans fly over HERE

We have been starting to try and expand games overseas and are boarding countries for awhile all About the league trying to grow the fan base make more money....Had games in Toronto(Bills used to play there at least once a year) now we have regular London games(Honestly surprise we don’t have a team in London yet thinking they haven’t figured out scheduling) tried to do Mexico last year heard the field wasn’t up to par or something(expecting NFL to keep trying to expand down there though)....And this year aren’t we trying to have a game in China I believe 

Road Trip!  Going to Eagles/ Packers game week 4. Thursday night game so should be fun. Plus saves me money as we normally go to one Packer game and one Eagles game each year.

Just a FYI, if anyone wants to go to this game you need to reserve rooms and tickets now as they go quickly. Of course you can rent houses for less if you have enough people. We are staying at the country Inn and Suites East which is about 5 miles from the Stadium, but they have shuttles to the game. If no one has ever been to Green Bay you should definitely take a trip one day. Just a whole different atmosphere there.... Football in a country setting.... 

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thank the Phils for our 3 straight road games. The league tries not to schedule home games when they think the baseball team in the same city will be playing, as per the head scheduler Howard Katz.

Go Phils! We'll forgive you.

This doesn't jibe though. They've scheduled Eagles home games with the Phillies playing in October before.

No games in China this year. 4 in London, 1 in Mexico. Last year wasn't the first year they tried to, or played a game in Mexico, the first one was 2005, Cardinals 49ers.

10 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

No games in China this year. 4 in London, 1 in Mexico. Last year wasn't the first year they tried to, or played a game in Mexico, the first one was 2005, Cardinals 49ers.

I knew they tried Mexico before I just knew that last year failed.....Maybe I just seen rumbling of the NFL attempting to go to China I don’t know read to many articles lol things get jumbled at times 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I knew they tried Mexico before I just knew that last year failed.....Maybe I just seen rumbling of the NFL attempting to go to China I don’t know read to many articles lol this get jumbled at times 

Yeah, the field conditions at Estadio Azteca were really bad last year. In 2005 though, I think they had an attendance near 104K. There has been talk about a game in China this year, but now there's talk of one in 2020

I don't like games outside the US period. Never did and never will.

It robs home town fans of a game. Not fair to them IMO.

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We have been starting to try and expand games overseas and are boarding countries for awhile all About the league trying to grow the fan base make more money....Had games in Toronto(Bills used to play there at least once a year) now we have regular London games(Honestly surprise we don’t have a team in London yet thinking they haven’t figured out scheduling) tried to do Mexico last year heard the field wasn’t up to par or something(expecting NFL to keep trying to expand down there though)....And this year aren’t we trying to have a game in China I believe 

Keep the money in the USA

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sucks because any game overseas,those teams lose a "home field" advantage game,since both teams are techincally "away".Think it's STUPID

Again NFL is only in it to make money and they can make more if they can expand the interests overseas....Hell NFL will make a killing if they startup there own streaming service for games watch any game anywhere(that is likely in the works)

44 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Again NFL is only in it to make money and they can make more if they can expand the interests overseas....Hell NFL will make a killing if they startup there own streaming service for games watch any game anywhere(that is likely in the works)

Why would a London game make more money than a US game?

45 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

They already tried NFL Europe and it failed badly

47 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

BTW they can do streaming of games without having to send teams there,so that theory is shot 

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW they can do streaming of games without having to send teams there,so that theory is shot 

Lmao I just threw the streaming out there because it something they were talking about trying to do in the future regardless had nothing to do with them going overseas.....As for NFL Europe the NFL isn’t trying to have leagues over there they are taking actual games overseas doesn’t matter what we think the NFL is doing it and they don’t seem to be losing interest in it if anything they are trying to get more games overseas hence the 4 games in London this year and a game in Mexico(lmao not sure why I threw Mexico in here it isn’t overseas but still shows the nfl trying to expand the game to new locations)

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why would a London game make more money than a US game?

They already tried NFL Europe and it failed badly

As for more money the more people interest in the sport the more people that will pay to watch games....if you get a large following of fans in Europe and Asia etc. they will likely want to pay for things like a streaming service to be able to watch games which generates more money for the league also merchandise sales

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Pats off the bye week,like it! We will be rested

And so will they!