DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

BOLD PREDICTION!!! Kyler Murry falls to NY Giants, AND Drew Lock falls to New England!

21 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

take all reasoning aboutr AZ and throw it away... rephrase... if you were picking #1 for PHILLY who do you pick?

If I’m Philly going Bosa most likely game changing pass rusher I have not looked a ton of the top guys since we don’t have a chance at them...

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

You clearly missed the part that suggested it was a crazy assumption/question... just play along

OK we are trading both our 5th and 6th pick away for Barkley(just as ridiculous) lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK we are trading both our 5th and 6th pick away for Barkley(just as ridiculous) lol

YES ADMITTEDLY A STUPID AND CRAZY QUESTION!!! BUT if you could have the first pick and you were picking for Philly, who would you want?

39 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

BOLD PREDICTION!!! Kyler Murry falls to NY Giants, AND Drew Lock falls to New England!

🚫

1 minute ago, mateagle2 said:

YES ADMITTEDLY A STUPID AND CRAZY QUESTION!!! BUT if you could have the first pick and you were picking for Philly, who would you want?

Bosa

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

If Brett Rypien9QB) makes it into the UDFA zone,I sign him faster than liquid lightning

That is the 1st time I have seen his name... Is that Mark Rypiens son?

We seem to be dang good at picking up UDFA's,so besides Rypien,here are a few others Fred Johnson-OG-Florida,Ulysses Gilbert-OLB-Akron,Alex Wesley-WR-N.Colorado,Ty Johnson-RB-Maryland

41 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

That is the 1st time I have seen his name... Is that Mark Rypiens son?

I believe he is,did not check for sure.Kids got an arm I'm tellin ya.Rough around the edges,but this kids got talent

Especially like his laserlike accuracy and he can wing it downfield if he has to.Think he'd be a fine guy to bring in as the 3rd QB "under construction" and who knows may compete with Suds

Something to think about!  In 2016 I liked OT Jack Conklin as the best offensive linemen in the draft and part of my decision was based on his performances against Joey Bosa. He was the best blocker against Bosa, the best DE in the draft.  The draft experts didn't have him rated as high. He went 8th in the draft and was voted to the pro bowl in his first year. Now Joey's brother Nick is arguably considered the best DE in this years draft and most Big Ten offensive linemen think Nick is better than Joey.  So, who was the best OT against Nick Bosa during his career?  Rutgers OT Tariq Cole. This guy isn't even listed in the top 32 OT's in the draft and Tony Pauline has him assigned a 6th round draft pick. Others as a UDFA. The experts are all over the map on this guy but the Eagles, Giants and Jets interviewed him. HMM

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Something to think about!  In 2016 I liked OT Jack Conklin as the best offensive linemen in the draft and part of my decision was based on his performances against Joey Bosa. He was the best blocker against Bosa, the best DE in the draft.  The draft experts didn't have him rated as high. He went 8th in the draft and was voted to the pro bowl in his first year. Now Joey's brother Nick is arguably considered the best DE in this years draft and most Big Ten offensive linemen think Nick is better than Joey.  So, who was the best OT against Nick Bosa during his career?  Rutgers OT Tariq Cole. This guy isn't even listed in the top 32 OT's in the draft and Tony Pauline has him assigned a 6th round draft pick. Others as a UDFA. The experts are all over the map on this guy but the Eagles, Giants and Jets interviewed him. HMM

IDK, I know what your guidelines are,but even "shaky" players can have a great game,or the star could have a bad one,so I'd be careful.Gotta play well all year not just a 1 game wonder.Now maybe this guy IS worth a look(didn't check him out),so I will trust your judgement on him

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK, I know what your guidelines are,but even "shaky" players can have a great game,or the star could have a bad one,so I'd be careful.Gotta play well all year not just a 1 game wonder.Now maybe this guy IS worth a look(didn't check him out),so I will trust your judgement on him

Cole played against Bosa more than once GB. Like Jack Conklin played against Joey more than once. Anyway this kids strong suit is his run blocking. He is a road grader so I can see the interest from the Giants with their new running game. I am not sure he would fit the Eagles offensive game plan at the moment because he needs help yet in learning the NFL pass blocking. I still find it interesting that the Eagles picked up on this guy or liked him enough to give him an interview. 

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Cole played against Bosa more than once GB. Like Jack Conklin played against Joey more than once. Anyway this kids strong suit is his run blocking. He is a road grader so I can see the interest from the Giants with their new running game. I am not sure he would fit the Eagles offensive game plan at the moment because he needs help yet in learning the NFL pass blocking. I still find it interesting that the Eagles picked up on this guy or liked him enough to give him an interview. 

Yeah I need to update my "visits"list lol

Here would be an interesting situation... IF Philly just rides it out until pick 25 to see if Bradbury and Lindstrom are BOTH there, they have the ammo to BOTH move back to 29 and move right back up to 30-32 also... and they could land both players.

12 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Here would be an interesting situation... IF Philly just rides it out until pick 25 to see if Bradbury and Lindstrom are BOTH there, they have the ammo to BOTH move back to 29 and move right back up to 30-32 also... and they could land both players.

GL with that lol

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

GL with that lol

The math works even if it is just pick one of them with 25 and do a straight trade for 29 and 92 from KC, where KC would have 4-2nd rounders, we would end up with with 2-1st and a 3rd, and then flop around a couple late rounders to even up the math. It is not out of the realm of possibility. I also find it quite humorous at the level of indignation that some on here show.. as if anyone really know anything. Everyone knows it is impossible to predict what will happen. The only thing that matters is value and a TON of stuff and variables fit into that set of parameters. 

53 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

GL with that lol

I also find it humorous that you clearly have not considered a scenario where KC has not yet replaced Hunt... If Jacobs is still on the board and the Raiders still have 27... KC might want to jump up for him!

4 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

I also find it humorous that you clearly have not considered a scenario where KC has not yet replaced Hunt... If Jacobs is still on the board and the Raiders still have 27... KC might want to jump up for him!

Rumor is right now the 3 teams high on Jacobs are Philly, Oakland and Indy......

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

GL with that lol

7 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

UNLESS you think that Damien and Darrel Wilson along with a 34 Year Old Carlos Hyde is what Big Red will settle for!

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Rumor is right now the 3 teams high on Jacobs are Philly, Oakland and Indy......

Yes and if Philly passes on him, he will be gone, and the ONLY RB with the ability to replace what Hunt brought to that team will be gone... KC fell off the face of the earth when he was booted of the team. They KNOW how bad they need a #1 RB

Reports coming in saying KC close to a deal to land Frank Clark Fromm seattle....Rumor is saying 1st round pick 2020 2nd rounder and mid round pick