DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Never take issue with building along the lines. Championship teams are built in the trenches.

With only 4 picks left, might see a few player trades here on day 2 and day 3. Could also see a trade back or two if they can find a willing trade partner.

DC,

I still think pick 53 is a prime trading spot according to the draft order... would have been even better if NE didn't take WR.   Initially I thought RB could be the position teams want to jump in front ... but WR could be that spot with Houston there ... and LAC  looming behind.   Looking at KC who suspended Hill indefinitely from football activities... I can see them looking to jump in front of those AFC teams... plus the Saints ... along with even the Eagles.  

Come on Andy, make us an offer, ... be great if Houston gets paranoid and offers us 54 or 55 with # 86 thrown in...lol.  I mean it's too much for moving up a spot, but seems like they reached for OT after losing out ot us, maybe they don't want that to happen again?  Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the right pick. The only disappointment is this means they don't think that Mailata will  be close to the answer next year.

To be expected though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So.....

Trading away 2 picks.   At the moment we have  ... picks 53 and 57 in round 2 ... then 138 and 163.    Does this change the idea for some that we draft a QB.  Barring any trade down, it really only leaves 2 possibilities for drafting a QB at 138 & 163.  

  I think we attempt to trade Agholar or Big V for a 2nd rounder and possibly more. We will see....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Wouldn't it be something if Dillard beats out Peters this year. 

JP....what can u say...guy has been a Beast for us....but drafting, probably the top Tackle in the Draft, like Howie said a Top 10 Talent....this guy is getting on the field this year. I can’t see them forcing this guy to sit.

 

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Probably the right pick. The only disappointment is this means they don't think that Mailata will  be close to the answer next year.

To be expected though

Would love to see our two young monsters Pryor and Mailata in games this season...One year of seasoning in our system  I hoped we did not go OL but we also been touting BPA all year. I just won’t argue with with our Build from the lines out.. Didn’t think we needed this position, but Howie and Joe schooled Houston moving up for Dillard and forced them to get some LESSER player.

 

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

DC,

I still think pick 53 is a prime trading spot according to the draft order... would have been even better if NE didn't take WR.   Initially I thought RB could be the position teams want to jump in front ... but WR could be that spot with Houston there ... and LAC  looming behind.   Looking at KC who suspended Hill indefinitely from football activities... I can see them looking to jump in front of those AFC teams... plus the Saints ... along with even the Eagles.  

Come on Andy, make us an offer, ... be great if Houston gets paranoid and offers us 54 or 55 with # 86 thrown in...lol.  I mean it's too much for moving up a spot, but seems like they reached for OT after losing out ot us, maybe they don't want that to happen again?  Who knows?

I am buying Joe...those Texans May want to get ahead of us...Howie anticipated their need and took advantage. We may have another chance to get Houston again....Yea Howie keep it rolling ... got some great talent left for round 2 really like how we’ re Positioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LT Dillard LG Peters C Kelce RG Brooks/Seumalo RT Johnson.

tweet from Ike Reese don’t see that happening.....What could be interesting though what happens if JP gets hurt we plug Dillard in and he excels We shouldn’t turn back to JP....At that point would we then ask JP to try G possibly????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lets see I’ll go....

Wilkins, Cody Ford, Miles Sanders, Juan Thornhill, Tytus Howard 

Well of my 5 guys only see two guys as a possibility Miles and Thornhill.....Ford should be gone early plus don't see us double dipping on the OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you watHowie's presser, he was adamant about keeping the 2nd rd picks. In the earlier attempt at a trade up, they wanted one of our 2's, Howie would not give it up. They have players pegged for those spots. The trade up for Dillard may change that, just don't see it unless we lose out on the players we want.

Did enjoy in the presser where Howie says he's sitting between "these two big guys, and when he comes up with something weird he gets this look".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

If you watHowie's presser, he was adamant about keeping the 2nd rd picks. In the earlier attempt at a trade up, they wanted one of our 2's, Howie would not give it up. They have players pegged for those spots. The trade up for Dillard may change that, just don't see it unless we lose out on the players we want.

Did enjoy in the presser where Howie says he's sitting between "these two big guys, and when he comes up with something weird he gets this look".

Makes it sound like we have guys we really like in that range think that could lead to us being aggressive in round 2 to make sure we secure them???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not ot change the subject but did anyone see Jernigan's contract numbers?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winovich and Christian Miller still there, know a few of us had Winovich in the 2nd. Still some S's and could still see WR just to dump Ag's contract, although it's not so bad to keep him this yr. Slot, RB and TE all kinda melding together in todays' NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Not ot change the subject but did anyone see Jernigan's contract numbers?

 

Nope haven’t looked at the numbers only know it was a 1 year deal 

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Winovich and Christian Miller still there, know a few of us had Winovich in the 2nd. Still some S's and could still see WR just to dump Ag's contract, although it's not so bad to keep him this yr. Slot, RB and TE all kinda melding together in todays' NFL.

Think we could package AG a 2nd to move up in round 2(secure a WR we might want) and possibly gain a 3rd???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Nope haven’t looked at the numbers only know it was a 1 year deal 

Think we could package AG a 2nd to move up in round 2(secure a WR we might want) and possibly gain a 3rd???? 

Someone earlier was speculating Ag going to New England for a third but now they drafted a wide receiver. How about the Cardinals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still some really good WR left....AJ Brown, DK metcalf, Paris Campbell, Hakeem Butler, Deebo Samuels....Would expect to see a run on them in round 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Still some really good WR left....AJ Brown, DK metcalf, Paris Campbell, Hakeem Butler, Deebo Samuels....Would expect to see a run on them in round 2 

If they do trade Agholor, would like to have Renfrow for the slot in the 4th round if he is still there. Of course they may believe Hollins can take over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schwartz needs 8 good linemen to rotate properly.  Without Long, which position is needed more between DT and DE?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a presser earlier this wk, Howie kinda blew me away a little bit. We've all seen in the movies the frantic draft day war room scenario. Howie said most trade's are actually tentatively worked out before the draft. Just simple calls to find out what it would take to trade out of a spot or what they would take for a certain player. Saw it last night with war room peeps just looking around, phones not ringing very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

If they do trade Agholor, would like to have Renfrow for the slot in the 4th round if he is still there. Of course they may believe Hollins can take over there.

My thinking if we draft a WR might get a guy that can start in the slot but likely can move out wide when Djax is gone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long doesn't want to put up w/ the grind of a season if to be a part time player and DE is already a bit crowded albeit with unproven players. He's 34 and we save 5.3 mill letting him go. Love the dog masks, think we've seen the last of him and add youth to that position whether in the draft or later depending who's available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Long doesn't want to put up w/ the grind of a season if to be a part time player and DE is already a bit crowded albeit with unproven players. He's 34 and we save 5.3 mill letting him go. Love the dog masks, think we've seen the last of him and add youth to that position whether in the draft or later depending who's available

Could be telling of what we believe in couple of the young guys we already have if we don’t address the position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Still need to get better vs the run as well, esp in our div

I think Jerigan if healthy is a huge boost in that role plus getting Vinny back he was underrated run defender plus Barnett was good before he got hurt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Long doesn't want to put up w/ the grind of a season if to be a part time player and DE is already a bit crowded albeit with unproven players. He's 34 and we save 5.3 mill letting him go. Love the dog masks, think we've seen the last of him and add youth to that position whether in the draft or later depending who's available

Agreed!  Here are the known starters on Defensive End  Barnett 22, Curry 30, Graham 31 and possibly Josh Sweat with two guys waiting in the wings Hall  23 and Ostman 23 who we don't reall know anything about.

The defensive Tackle starter position looks like Cox 28, Jackson 29, and Jernigan 26  with two guys Hector 24, and Hester 26 waiting in the wings. Since we really don't know how the Eagles feel about those four young guys, an argument could be made that the Eagles could take both a DT and a DE before the draft is over if two good ones fall to them. What makes Schwartz's defense go? 8 rotational linemen.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now