DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Yeah, didn't want to get pigeonholed into one area. Sounds like a go getter. Just weird when he was called, never heard of him and we were all waiting for other players. 

I'm beat, allergies kept me up last night, digest this in the am getting ready to head to PA. Have a good one

33 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Reading about Whiteside. BR calling him the drafts' biggest hidden gem. Best high pointer and 2nd highest passer rating when targeted.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832182-jj-arcega-whiteside-is-nfl-drafts-biggest-hidden-gem

Over and over and over Whiteside lulls guys in with a slow pace and as soon as they bite... FLASH he is past them!

D@mnit Henderson to the Rams aaarrrgh.

3 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Agholor is the sweet spot for them... Value for the best WR that suits their need.

Dude... I wasn't even realizing you were talking about Agholor to Cleveland..... lol.   They have this guy Jarvis Landry .... he plays slot... along side ODB... doubt they need Agholor....lol     At least now we added RB and WR ... we can probably look to trade Agholor like DWD said... starting with round 3 value.    But Cleveland wouldn't be a team I would think would have interest.    Also... nothing wrong with Ham's idea that we just keep him because we are looking to win now.    

To be honest... if we traded Agholor... I would be more interested in which vets we could get for that $9.4 mil of cap space to help now... not so much the draft pick... which I think would be a pick for tomorrow.   

39 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Never heard of him

Whiteside... he plays center for the Miami Heat.   Good size and leaping ability

Winovich to the Patsies....aarrgghhh.

So what's up with everyone here..... all the hours put into the draft here and all your favorite guys ... wwe take a guy nobody knows .... and where is the anger?    Are you all soft now after the Superbowl win?     Come on.. where is the type of reaction like after the Jordan Hicks trade???   

We drafted a WR ... we all know Howie, Lurie, Banner can't judge WRs... so many other guys that we could have taken... come on guys where is the anger.... lol.  

12 minutes ago, trini said:

Winovich to the Patsies....aarrgghhh.

Saunders to KC .... uggghhhh!

Will update this after the next three picks in third round... This is best available defense in the 4th

Screenshot_25.png

Screenshot_26.png

Screenshot_27.png

Screenshot_28.png

Screenshot_29.png

47 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So what's up with everyone here..... all the hours put into the draft here and all your favorite guys ... wwe take a guy nobody knows .... and where is the anger?    Are you all soft now after the Superbowl win?     Come on.. where is the type of reaction like after the Jordan Hicks trade???   

We drafted a WR ... we all know Howie, Lurie, Banner can't judge WRs... so many other guys that we could have taken... come on guys where is the anger.... lol.  

Don’t know what the Jordan Hicks trade was? But it’s a great draft class. And we dipped in with all three feet on offense. I was very strong about BPA. But I don’t think that’s what happened on day two. Seems like they decided on RB and WR. Both are good players at their position. But they could have gone a very different route. Mostly they could have gone defense. Got some good bargains late in free agency for the defense(Curry and Jernigan). So maybe that helped tip the scale to the offense. Anyway we went all in on offense so...we better score some points.

1 minute ago, mateagle2 said:

If we can get Mack Wilson in the 4th... that will be the steal of the draft

I like Tre Lemar. But I’m thinking Dillard could have been the steal of the draft. At 22 if we got a stud LT for ten years...going to be hard to beat that. Our RB at 53 could be the best back of this class(it’s debateable). At 57 we could have snagged the best WR of the class. So yeah....let’s keep stealing these picks. 

Am I the only person that thinks Josh Rosen will be a Philadelphia Eagle when he fails in Miami this year!?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like Tre Lemar. But I’m thinking Dillard could have been the steal of the draft. At 22 if we got a stud LT for ten years...going to be hard to beat that. Our RB at 53 could be the best back of this class(it’s debateable). At 57 we could have snagged the best WR of the class. So yeah....let’s keep stealing these picks. 

IDK if he's the best WR in this class lol.Maybe they see something I don't.He looks slow and cumbersome to me,but he's BIG.Almost like a 3rd TE,or a RZ threat.So if that's what they wanted.....suppose I will have to look at him.Reminds me of Benjamin

One RB in round 1. One RB in round 2. Then the third round the RBs finally started coming off the board. So Sanders looks like a bit of a reach to be honest.

59 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I posted a message to my son and said... IF you like the word BEST associated with attributes... this was an amazing draft!!!...  Best Pass Blocking Tackle in the draft... RB with most patience and best wiggle... WR with best high point and 2nd best QBR when targetted

One RB in round 1. One RB in round 2. Then the third round the RBs finally started coming off the board. So Sanders looks like a bit of a reach to be honest.

Yeah thought that too.I hope he proves me wrong

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah thought that too.I hope he proves me wrong

I was hoping for the trade back that never happened

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK if he's the best WR in this class lol.Maybe they see something I don't.He looks slow and cumbersome to me,but he's BIG.Almost like a 3rd TE,or a RZ threat.So if that's what they wanted.....suppose I will have to look at him.Reminds me of Benjamin

Kind of the same with N’keal Harry who I think is the best WR in this class. Hollywood can stake a claim if his foot gets right and he can stay healthy. But it’s a weak WR class helps Whiteside. I think he’s right there within reach. He’s big but it’s more than that. He’s a basketball guy that uses his body for position and leverage. Great at catching the ball in traffic and high pointing. Kind of tough to stop. And he showed enough speed to get behind guys. Great red zone WR potentially.

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We have the ability to move up to about 16 in the 4th

Kind of the same with N’keal Harry who I think is the best WR in this class. Hollywood can stake a claim if his foot gets right and he can stay healthy. But it’s a weak WR class helps Whiteside. I think he’s right there within reach. He’s big but it’s more than that. He’s a basketball guy that uses his body for position and leverage. Great at catching the ball in traffic and high pointing. Kind of tough to stop. And he showed enough speed to get behind guys. Great red zone WR potentially.

I hope you're right.Not thrilled with the pick,but I'm not privvy to what they know.Just felt there were better value picks still on the board.Oh well it is what it is and onward we go

1 minute ago, KevvMoss said:

Whats the deal with Mack Wilson?

LB was disrespected as a rule in this draft

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah like I said kinda like a 3rd TE with a little more speed,but hey if we can use that go for it