DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, KevvMoss said:

Whats the deal with Mack Wilson?

He is in reach if he falls to 185

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah thought that too.I hope he proves me wrong

I like him. Think he’s one of the better backs in this class. Really thought he hasn’t reached his full potential yet also. Low mileage. Just didn’t appear he needed to be taken at 53. So missing a bit of value in the pick. But he should be a very good back for us. And if he does turn out as a quality starter there is an extra little shove it in your face to the Giants for taking Barkley so early instead of the Darnold. We obviously went after Wentz as the priority. 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Kind of the same with N’keal Harry who I think is the best WR in this class. Hollywood can stake a claim if his foot gets right and he can stay healthy. But it’s a weak WR class helps Whiteside. I think he’s right there within reach. He’s big but it’s more than that. He’s a basketball guy that uses his body for position and leverage. Great at catching the ball in traffic and high pointing. Kind of tough to stop. And he showed enough speed to get behind guys. Great red zone WR potentially.

Yeah bet he'd be tough on a slant route near the EZ to cover,so maybe thats what they wanted IDK

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like him. Think he’s one of the better backs in this class. Really thought he hasn’t reached his full potential yet also. Low mileage. Just didn’t appear he needed to be taken at 53. So missing a bit of value in the pick. But he should be a very good back for us. And if he does turn out as a quality starter there is an extra little shove it in your face to the Giants for taking Barkley so early instead of the Darnold. We obviously went after Wentz as the priority. 

Yeah I feel the same. I kinda wanted Henderson later(just me) and thought we'd trade back for a 3rd pick.But they were pretty stedfast on staying at 53 and 57.Just weird with other guys still out there like Adderly and Allen.But like i said they should know more than I

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah bet he'd be tough on a slant route near the EZ to cover,so maybe thats what they wanted IDK

Or most anything one on one with any DB. He can just stop in front of him, box him out and go up and get it. Not much anybody can do about that.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or most anything one on one with any DB. He can just stop in front of him, box him out and go up and get it. Not much anybody can do about that.

Yeah,I can see him Ag and Hollins rotate in the slot for whatever play we are trying to get done.So we have options now

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,I can see him Ag and Hollins rotate in the slot for whatever play we are trying to get done.So we have options now

Or come in for DJax in the redzone. Whiteside, Ertz, Goedert and Jeffrey. Those DBs better bust out their stilts.

The offense is set. Our QB needs to stay healthy. So no fighting for an inch by flinging his body into it week 2. Otherwise we might be short a G is about it. Gotta score TDs though. And I like our redzone options.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t know what the Jordan Hicks trade was? But it’s a great draft class. And we dipped in with all three feet on offense. I was very strong about BPA. But I don’t think that’s what happened on day two. Seems like they decided on RB and WR. Both are good players at their position. But they could have gone a very different route. Mostly they could have gone defense. Got some good bargains late in free agency for the defense(Curry and Jernigan). So maybe that helped tip the scale to the offense. Anyway we went all in on offense so...we better score some points.

LOL... my bad Ham... I meant when we selected Hicks ... That was some great entertainment... nobody liked that pick at time ...lol

I’m really shocked by this draft....Can’t believe we have not hit DL with such a strong class.....That being said really like Miles thought he had the most upside in the draft at RB....The WRheard a ton of praise about but never looked into him so hoping he is a beast 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m really shocked by this draft....Can’t believe we have not hit DL with such a strong class.....That being said really like Miles thought he had the most upside in the draft at RB....The WRheard a ton of praise about but never looked into him so hoping he is a beast 

But I'm not sure the value has been there for us mate... And this is a huge year for Wentz if you're going to give him that new deal. Give him weapons. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I'm not sure the value has been there for us mate... And this is a huge year for Wentz if you're going to give him that new deal. Give him weapons. 

Not mad with the draft thought for sure WR was strong where we were drafting and again though I never looked at the guy I have heard a ton about him high praise.....Miles again think had most upside and think having atleast 1 year with Howard could really help up his game along with Duce as his coach 

i believe our FO is staying true to there board even if fans aren’t happy with it 

The one word to describe this draft is "unexpected". None of us expected Dillard of Sanders to drop to us, esp Dillard at 22! Yeah it cost us a few picks with low percentages of becoming starters according to draftniks. Then a WR none of us had and most had to look up. Knee jerk reaction here was that with all the WR's on the board at the time, we could have traded back and still gotten him and another pick. Yesterday I posted the talking heads results with DJ and McShay getting 9 picks correct in the 1st rd, Kipers' hair with 7. Came to the realization our FO seemingly was hitting a lot better than them! Could no longer argue for them taking the WR they felt was highest on their board. Sure, it ended the night of excitement for us fans, but the FO did their best to improve this team - good job!

BTW - this isn't the last draft and it's a long time before the first snap of the football that counts.

21 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

PFF has him ( for expediency let's call him JJ, no there's another JJ in our div we don't like. OK - Whiteside ) as the 3rd ranked WR - here's why;

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-why-stanfords-jj-arcega-whiteside-is-a-top-three-wideout-in-the-2019-nfl-draft

Opening a window is all a WR needs do.I hope he has similar success at a completely higher level.Obviously the FO wanted him,so we shall see

He has the physicality Ag never developed - Ags' biggest knock. I actually like at, if he had this kind of separation ability wouldn't mind the contract either - well not as much!

They just showed the implosion of the cooling tower at one of our defunct nuke plants - that stuff's always cool

Just looking at our supposed depth chart. Who the heck is Luis Perez and when did we get him? Going to look him up, just didn't realize we had a 3rd string QB - only on my 2nd coffee

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Just looking at our supposed depth chart. Who the heck is Luis Perez and when did we get him? Going to look him up, just didn't realize we had a 3rd string QB - only on my 2nd coffee

Came from the AAF

Still need LB, not necessarily in the draft. Hicks had so much promise, wish things worked out.

Last day of country moosick! On the road to PA tomorrow, if I could block the country moosick stations on Sirius, I would

Actually do like it a bit, just certain kinds and in small doses