DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, mateagle2 said:

What trade sent our 6th round comp pick to Tampa Bay

D-Jax

I am amazed that people don't realize how old/long JP has been in the league and that the Eagles definitely needed a contingency plan for this year and years following. Hey, tough Houston fans, nothing but love from me. You guys aren't Dallas so I can't hate you but... THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR HURTING NICK FOLES TWO TIMES IN A 4 YEAR SPAN! Hahah, okay hope you guys enjoyed.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/4/26/18518151/texans-fans-react-to-eagles-jumping-them-for-andre-dillard

Would have loved to have gotten younger on the DL but can’t complain on this draft couldn’t address everything.....

Landing future LT would will be on 5 year rook deal is huge And adding two possible playmakers for Wentz is big a** well 

none of them have to be thrown into the fray right away either and at least the round 2 guys can still contribute as rooks

if these 3 workout have to give the draft an A

GBFL, DeMarcus Christmas to the Seahawks. Thats about as far from home he can get in the Continental US. LOL

With us having 3 young DEs Sweat,Ostman and recently draft miller....Hoping at the very one of these can do enough to show they can be our future rotational guys ie 3rd and 4th DE.....If one can do more and prove he can be the future starter that is just icing on top for me lol 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

My guess our final pick will be on the lines no clue who but we seem to love to draft linemen in the 7th 

Eagles traded the 7th round pick they got from the Pats to the Colts for DT Hassan Ridgeway

Damn did we trade the 7th pick we got from NE already to Indy????? Guess my guess was wrong if that is true 

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Eagles traded the 7th round pick they got from the Pats to the Colts for DT Hassan Ridgeway

Thanks just seen we traded it lol 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

Damn did we trade the 7th pick we got from NE already to Indy????? Guess my guess was wrong if that is true 

Thanks just seen we traded it lol 

You're welcome. I was counting down the ticker and it still showed NE, so I thought "what the hell, we traded again with them again?" Then I looked again and it showed IND, so I knew something was up, the Eagles posted it on Twitter shortly after.

I see that as a good deal gettin Ridgeway (6' 3" 317 lb) a former 4th for a 7th that has 3 yrs experience.

Draft profile for Ridgeway in 2016

OVERVIEW

Ridgeway moved from California to Texas when he was 14 and, given the fervor that the Lone Star State tackle has for the gridiron, he found himself suiting up for Friday Night Lights not playing up to that point in his life. It didn't take long for his athleticism to shine, as he earned all-state honors and became a coveted recruit who stayed in-state. Ridgeway redshirted in 2012, then played 12 games as a reserve the following year (13 tackles, one for loss). He started getting after it as a sophomore, starting the final 10 games, making 43 stops and ranking among the team leaders in tackles for loss (11) and sacks (six). Ridgeway lost some time to injuries last fall, starting eight of the 11 games in which he played. He still received honorable mention All-Big 12 notice, however, with 36 tackles, 6.5 for loss, and 3.5 sacks.

PRO DAY RESULTS

20-yard short shuttle: 4.69 seconds 
3-cone: 7.33 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Dense, powerful lower half combined with burly upper body. Snap experience at multiple spots along the line. Explodes out of stance and into his downhill charge. Striking athletic ability for a big. Has some change of direction twitch. Sets hard edge with good punch and arm extension to deny blocker's intentions. Grows roots against double teams and fights hard for his spot. Defeats most single blocks. Has play power to step through a blocker's edges with little trouble. Plays with good recognition and quick discard capability to snap down on tackle opportunities. Talented interior pass rusher. Uses coordinated attack with violent active hands and nimble feet. Flashes power to push and quickness to disrupt.

WEAKNESSES

Conditioning has been an issue in the past. Plays hard, but gasses so may need plenty of rotational help. Despite athleticism, range as playmaker is a little limited. Will momentarily lose track of the ball when trying to impose his will on blocker in front of him. Stops flowing outside with play when looking back inside looking to make a play. Hounded by nagging injuries for much of the year. Was hindered by a back issue that arose before the season and then a shoulder injury later. Production didnt always match the talent on the tape.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 2

SOURCES TELL US

"He's more talented than Malcolm Brown was coming out but his conditioning and injuries worry you. With time and money will his weight balloon? Will he be motivated to work in the offseason? He would have benefited by going back to school." -- NFL general manager

NFL COMPARISON

Kawaan Short

BOTTOM LINE

Ridgeway didn't put together as productive and flashy a junior campaign as he did a sophomore season, but that was due partially to nagging injuries. You can watch snap after snap and clear losses to the blocker are hard to find. Ridgeway has a rare combination of power and athleticism that give him the potential to impact the game on all three downs. His talent could make him the most impactful defensive tackle to come out of this draft, but his floor is lower than some due to concerns over health and conditioning.

It’s like they were so busy high fiving over the first two days of the draft they just mailed it in and put the water boy in charge of the draft today. All kinds of good players sitting there but they take these three clowns? I believe Ostman makes Miller look like a clown. Good job drafting a guy that ranks behind our practice squad. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s like they were so busy high fiving over the first two days of the draft they just mailed it in and put the water boy in charge of the draft today. All kinds of good players sitting there but they take these three clowns? I believe Ostman makes Miller look like a clown. Good job drafting a guy that ranks behind our practice squad. 

Well on the bright side our PS is LOADED!!! Let UDFA begin!!!!

58 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Draft profile for Ridgeway in 2016

OVERVIEW

Ridgeway moved from California to Texas when he was 14 and, given the fervor that the Lone Star State tackle has for the gridiron, he found himself suiting up for Friday Night Lights not playing up to that point in his life. It didn't take long for his athleticism to shine, as he earned all-state honors and became a coveted recruit who stayed in-state. Ridgeway redshirted in 2012, then played 12 games as a reserve the following year (13 tackles, one for loss). He started getting after it as a sophomore, starting the final 10 games, making 43 stops and ranking among the team leaders in tackles for loss (11) and sacks (six). Ridgeway lost some time to injuries last fall, starting eight of the 11 games in which he played. He still received honorable mention All-Big 12 notice, however, with 36 tackles, 6.5 for loss, and 3.5 sacks.

PRO DAY RESULTS

20-yard short shuttle: 4.69 seconds 
3-cone: 7.33 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Dense, powerful lower half combined with burly upper body. Snap experience at multiple spots along the line. Explodes out of stance and into his downhill charge. Striking athletic ability for a big. Has some change of direction twitch. Sets hard edge with good punch and arm extension to deny blocker's intentions. Grows roots against double teams and fights hard for his spot. Defeats most single blocks. Has play power to step through a blocker's edges with little trouble. Plays with good recognition and quick discard capability to snap down on tackle opportunities. Talented interior pass rusher. Uses coordinated attack with violent active hands and nimble feet. Flashes power to push and quickness to disrupt.

WEAKNESSES

Conditioning has been an issue in the past. Plays hard, but gasses so may need plenty of rotational help. Despite athleticism, range as playmaker is a little limited. Will momentarily lose track of the ball when trying to impose his will on blocker in front of him. Stops flowing outside with play when looking back inside looking to make a play. Hounded by nagging injuries for much of the year. Was hindered by a back issue that arose before the season and then a shoulder injury later. Production didnt always match the talent on the tape.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 2

SOURCES TELL US

"He's more talented than Malcolm Brown was coming out but his conditioning and injuries worry you. With time and money will his weight balloon? Will he be motivated to work in the offseason? He would have benefited by going back to school." -- NFL general manager

NFL COMPARISON

Kawaan Short

BOTTOM LINE

Ridgeway didn't put together as productive and flashy a junior campaign as he did a sophomore season, but that was due partially to nagging injuries. You can watch snap after snap and clear losses to the blocker are hard to find. Ridgeway has a rare combination of power and athleticism that give him the potential to impact the game on all three downs. His talent could make him the most impactful defensive tackle to come out of this draft, but his floor is lower than some due to concerns over health and conditioning.

Seems this is a better move than any draftees available

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Going with we liked Miller quite a bit since we were willing to use a 4th on him considering we weren’t willing to use a draft pick on Ostman not sure how you can say anyone is behind him lol.....You really like to give high hype for these UDFA DL first Hester now Ostman