DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s like they were so busy high fiving over the first two days of the draft they just mailed it in and put the water boy in charge of the draft today. All kinds of good players sitting there but they take these three clowns? I believe Ostman makes Miller look like a clown. Good job drafting a guy that ranks behind our practice squad. 

There he is.  My man Ham!   Things are getting back to normal! 

I saw a lot of whining from Sal Pal regarding the Eagles draft.

Maybe he should take Howies  job since he has all the answers.

Just now, ASG15 said:

At the point now you really can’t judge a draft until after min. 2-3 years....We can sit here now talking how we love/hate the draft and in a few years time depending how guys perform will completely change our view 

Your right of course BG. Grading simply on projection I think we did really good for 2 rds, above avg the rest. Excited to see if Whiteside mirrors Alshon. Did want a S and LB. Watched the post draft presser and what Howie said about how the draft fell to them being why we didn't get a S or LB. Sounded like they were all in on DL in the 1st, then Dillard almost fell to them and the 3 of them agreed they had to pull the trigger. Even so they stuck true to their board as Dillard was BPA at the time. Fluke thing, just how it played out. Same w/ Sanders who wasn't expected to be there. So if you're sticking true to your board, you're getting who you consider the BPA, not necessarily the position they play.

I do reserve the right to believe the board itself is weighted. If BPA was a QB we wouldn't take him. Of course the phone would be ringing as well.

Joey Alfieri, LB, Stanford

The Stanford LB is expected to sign with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent, per Jordan Raanan. The speedy linebacker ran a 4.53 at his Pro Day. While at Stanford, Alfieri had 156 tackles, 25.5 tackles for loss and 12.0 sacks during his four-year stint.

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Your right of course BG. Grading simply on projection I think we did really good for 2 rds, above avg the rest. Excited to see if Whiteside mirrors Alshon. Did want a S and LB. Watched the post draft presser and what Howie said about how the draft fell to them being why we didn't get a S or LB. Sounded like they were all in on DL in the 1st, then Dillard almost fell to them and the 3 of them agreed they had to pull the trigger. Even so they stuck true to their board as Dillard was BPA at the time. Fluke thing, just how it played out. Same w/ Sanders who wasn't expected to be there. So if you're sticking true to your board, you're getting who you consider the BPA, not necessarily the position they play.

I do reserve the right to believe the board itself is weighted. If BPA was a QB we wouldn't take him. Of course the phone would be ringing as well.

MAN I wish we woulda  landed Wilkins.With him and Dilly I would say "success" with 2 picks lol

I'm busy, tired and theses f'n allergies! Just got the Philly Dilly for Dillard thing after 2 days, duh!

PSU Philly campus - do they have one there? Do now.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/4/27/18519870/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-nfl-draft-2019-news-rumors-players-udfa-philadelphia-eagles-lb

Players who reportedly signed with the Eagles

DT Kevin Wilkins, Rutgers

DT Anthony Rush, UAB

OG Ryan Bates, Penn State

CB Jamalcolm Liggins, Dickinson State

WR Deandre Thompkins, Penn State

OG Nate Herbig, Stanford

LB Joey Alfieri, Stanford

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'm busy, tired and theses f'n allergies! Just got the Philly Dilly for Dillard thing after 2 days, duh!

PSU Philly campus - do they have one there? Do now.

LOL well at least (albeit late) are trying to address the LB and DT depth.I hope a few can reach at least BU status

UDFA's? Didn't have time to check on anyone available. Running around all day getting things done then popping in here every now and then. Finally done

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Looks like I am heading for an additional 0-8 HAHA

None of my UDFA are signed by us either lol but I'm not as into them as you. 

42 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Sal sounded salty about our picks. Time will tell. Darrell Henderson via DWD was my guy, he is now a Ram. The last three years we won a Super Bowl ... we were in my mind driving to take control of the A’ints game, untilBrooks injury, and Ashlon unexpected drop. I never heard of Whiteside until recently and dismissed him as an option. Our FO marches to the beat of a different drum. I like it...I’m gonna trust our guys. Can’t wait to see it on the field.

2 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

None of my UDFA are signed by us either lol but I'm not as into them as you. 

Yeah I do that out of boredom,but they never take ANYONE I had lmao.I though we all had really good picks!!!

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Looks like I am heading for an additional 0-8 HAHA

My grandson and I were watching the draft and when DT Demarcus Christmas name was called by the Seahawks he jumped 5 feet out of his chair. LOL  Then about an hour later he gets a text from one of his friends that another guy that played on his high school team ( WR Kelvin McKnight) Samford was signed to Denver's practice squad. Two more guys yet on the same high school team that have a pretty good shot at someone's practice squad.  WR Broderic Yaney from Temple and G/C Mike Galati from USF.  

Liked Ledbetter(still a UDFA) and pity we drafted a QB as Rypien is still out there(I like this kid ALOT)

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Going with we liked Miller quite a bit since we were willing to use a 4th on him considering we weren’t willing to use a draft pick on Ostman not sure how you can say anyone is behind him lol.....You really like to give high hype for these UDFA DL first Hester now Ostman 

Miller is a one trick pony. But his one trick his a straight speed rush. We aren’t ever seeing that happen in a game. No room on the 53 for a guy like that. My hope is they realize it quickly and just cut bait on him(so doubtful because it would be admitting they made a huge draft error).

Miller is bad against the run. Not good with his hands. Can’t anchor down. Doesn’t have secondary moves. He can only wide nine set and rush around the outside. It’s like they owed his family a debt by drafting him.