DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Miller is a one trick pony. But his one trick his a straight speed rush. We aren’t ever seeing that happen in a game. No room on the 53 for a guy like that. My hope is they realize it quickly and just cut bait on him(so doubtful because it would be admitting they made a huge draft error).

Doesn’t have to start right away plenty of time to develop and again nfl scouts said he was worth a chance 

That is more then Ostman got they didn’t even see him as worth drafting 

3 minutes ago, trini said:

Sal sounded salty about our picks. Time will tell. Darrell Henderson via DWD was my guy, he is now a Ram. The last three years we won a Super Bowl ... we were in my mind driving to take control of the A’ints game, untilBrooks injury, and Ashlon unexpected drop. I never heard of Whiteside until recently and dismissed him as an option. Our FO marches to the beat of a different drum. I like it...I’m gonna trust our guys. Can’t wait to see it on the field.

Ya I didn't like seeing the Rams take Henderson and though I like Sanders I'm never sold on a 1 year guy. Time will tell who made the right decisions but for the most part I'm content with our draft. I'm not blown away or anything like in past years but I can see what the organization is thinking with all the picks we made.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I do that out of boredom,but they never take ANYONE I had lmao.I though we all had really good picks!!!

I thought we put pieces in place for the future. Hopefully Dillard can plug JP's future hole, Sanders can fill Howard's and if I'm reading correctly Whiteside can fill Jeffery's in a few years. Plus we got a backup plan for Wentz if he gets hurt in a guy that at one point in time looked to be a future 1st rd pick.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Miller is bad against the run. Not good with his hands. Can’t anchor down. Doesn’t have secondary moves. He can only wide nine set and rush around the outside. It’s like they owed his family a debt by drafting him.

I believe most that was said about BG coming out of college as well 

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

I saw a lot of whining from Sal Pal regarding the Eagles draft.

Maybe he should take Howies  job since he has all the answers.

Don’t know exactly what Sal said but....it was a really strong draft. We walked away with three really good players. Going after Dillard showed recognition of the draft situation. Borderline brilliant move by Rosie there. Obviously reached for Sanders. I really like the choice but no other RB went until the third so it just was a REACH. Arcega wasn’t my top choice but I trust they did a thorough breakdown of him. I kind of felt he would go around the end of the second round. So that pick seemed just about right. The two second rounders should be good. Did we whiff on a few big time studs there though? I believe so. Time will tell. Day three...sucked. So I’m on both sides. Huge draft. Felt like we could have walked away with more. Sitting at 25 and getting Dillard lifts the draft haul for sure.

Hooked up the offense. Sorry defense you got one trick pony Miller. Maybe next year.

1 minute ago, downwithdallas said:

I believe most that was said about BG coming out of college as well 

My take Miller is a raw prospect that has all the tools to be a good DE just needs to develop and our coaches believe they can get him there 

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I do that out of boredom,but they never take ANYONE I had lmao.I though we all had really good picks!!!

My picks Jerry Tillery Rams, Dalton Risner Broncos, Germaine Pratt Bengals, Bryce Love Redskins, Hunter Renfrow Raiders. Now thats batting a thousand.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

My picks Jerry Tillery Rams, Dalton Risner Broncos, Germaine Pratt Bengals, Bryce Love Redskins, Hunter Renfrow Raiders. Now thats batting a thousand.

I got Sanders but that was it. Mack Wilson went in the 5th after Love so at least you didn't whiff that bad lol

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t know exactly what Sal said but....it was a really strong draft. We walked away with three really good players. Going after Dillard showed recognition of the draft situation. Borderline brilliant move by Rosie there. Obviously reached for Sanders. I really like the choice but no other RB went until the third so it just was a REACH. Arcega wasn’t my top choice but I trust they did a thorough breakdown of him. I kind of felt he would go around the end of the second round. So that pick seemed just about right. The two second rounders should be good. Did we whiff on a few big time studs there though? I believe so. Time will tell. Day three...sucked. So I’m on both sides. Huge draft. Felt like we could have walked away with more. Sitting at 25 and getting Dillard lifts the draft haul for sure.

Hooked up the offense. Sorry defense you got one trick pony Miller. Maybe next year.

Man what woulda happened if we had gotten Wilkins!!!

Anyone know if Rutgers LT Tariq Cole was drafted? I didn't see his name. He would be an excellent choice for the practice squad. Remember he had the best stats against Bosa.

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I would need 5 pages to list all my "fails" lol

3 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I got Sanders but that was it. Mack Wilson went in the 5th after Love so at least you didn't whiff that bad lol

Yeah but now I have to watch Love score TD's against us twice a year.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Yeah but now I have to watch Love score TD's against us twice a year.

Or get stuffed twice a year-keep the faith baby!!!

Got a high upside DE

a 24 year old former 4th round DT for s 7th

and a QB(which I’ve said was going to happen for awhile now) wasn’t my pick but you know what trust we know how to scout QBs

say it was a solid day 3

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I guess we wouldn't have gotten Dillard. LOL

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

My take Miller is a raw prospect that has all the tools to be a good DE just needs to develop and our coaches believe they can get him there 

I’m fine with that on the practice squad. If they try and do that for a few busted years on the 53...wouldn’t be happy about that.

Eagles can line up a monster bunch of receivers in the red zone: - 6’3 J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - 6’3 Alshon Jeffery - 6’4 Dallas Goedert - 6’5 Zach Ertz

AND we can run the ball!

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We would have screwed the pooch then. That would have cost so much to move up for. He’s good but just not elite. I think we got a better talent in Dillard.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Or get stuffed twice a year-keep the faith baby!!!

Oh its going to happen. Love is a road runner!

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I guess we wouldn't have gotten Dillard. LOL

Dont know,we could have moved up twice offering some next years picks.But was trying to imagine us getting both of them

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Eagles can line up a monster bunch of receivers in the red zone: - 6’3 J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - 6’3 Alshon Jeffery - 6’4 Dallas Goedert - 6’5 Zach Ertz

AND we can run the ball!

Exactly what I said. And it’s worth repeating again and again. But then again when you don’t draft defenders in a huge defensive draft you better be ready to score points. And I’m not talking kicking a bunch of field goals.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

AND we can run the ball!

Even Hollins

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m fine with that on the practice squad. If they try and do that for a few busted years on the 53...wouldn’t be happy about that.

Our 5th never dresses unless there is an injury perfectly fine if miller holds that role year 1