DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly what I said. And it’s worth repeating again and again. But then again when you don’t draft defenders in a huge defensive draft you better be ready to score points. And I’m not talking kicking a bunch of field goals.

lol yep we need 40 points a game(we may get them too)

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Howie said it was more feeling out that 1st trade attempt, too pricey

It was,but we gave it a shot.IMO the Fins would have benefitted from a trade back,but they got greedy lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Even Hollins

I hope so. I like that kid!

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

It was just the draft, lots will happen between now and kickoff

Yeah I'm sure some teams will cut guys we can use at least in a depth role

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

I hope so. I like that kid!

Alshon,/Hollins out/JJ in the slot.Ertz and Goedert with Howard and Clement from the 20,oh GL covering that HAHA(hey at least I hit on the Howard signing!!!) HAHA

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Our 5th never dresses unless there is an injury perfectly fine if miller holds that role year 1

Two years in a row taking a bust at DE with our fourth rounder. Is Rosie just sleeping in too late to start day three or what? At least Sweat offered all the multiple abilities even if he didn’t heal from his injury. Miller’s ceiling is Marcus Smith.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

It was just the draft, lots will happen between now and kickoff

I have been saying it for awhile our FA starts May 7th

So the Cardinals take Murray and through the first three rounds never touch an offensive linemen. I sure hope he has a good pair of sneakers or the Cardinals will be drafting a QB for the third time in three years. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Two years in a row taking a bust at DE with our fourth rounder. Is Rosie just sleeping in too late to start day three or what? At least Sweat offered all the multiple abilities even if he didn’t heal from his injury. Miller’s ceiling is Marcus Smith.

Lmao man you should be an nfl scout if you can tell the future like that....Been 1 year for sweat and miller hasn’t even gotten a chance and you already calling them busts lol yet Ostman a goat apparently yet has shown just as much lol

Hope Miller proves you wrong Ham. You wanted an immediate starter in Rd 4? I'm sure our scouts and FO are a lot more knowledgeable about these players than any of us. Wat too early to judge

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So the Cardinals take Murray and through the first three rounds never touch an offensive linemen. I sure hope he has a good pair of sneakers or the Cardinals will be drafting a QB for the third time in three years. 

Yep I was sure thinking OT at 33 lol.Oh well,more BU fodder for us later when he goes on IR

About Miller’s hand technique " Hands don't bring a lot of power and his ability to create space for himself is quite limited. Even his length appears to be pedestrian in functional settings, meaning his recovery ceiling is pretty limited without some notable growth and development. "

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hope Miller proves you wrong Ham. You wanted an immediate starter in Rd 4? I'm sure our scouts and FO are a lot more knowledgeable about these players than any of us. Wat too early to judge

I thought there were LBs that could have started for us in the 4th but who knows what the FO thinks. The LBs really dropped in the draft. I knew it wasn't a strong class but never expected that. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

About Miller’s hand technique " Hands don't bring a lot of power and his ability to create space for himself is quite limited. Even his length appears to be pedestrian in functional settings, meaning his recovery ceiling is pretty limited without some notable growth and development. "

Hand usuage can be taught and a season with nfl strength and conditioning can get the power.....called developing young players especially a player that isn’t going to start day 1 anyway lol 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ham has a point,hope he can be coached up.Anything is possible given time(as we know with AG)

BTW there are 2 guys on here check out both their analysis'

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Thanks for that link FL. Yes this is pretty accurate. He gets pinballed by Olineman. Doesn’t have any power in his hands. Has bad timing with his hands. He has a decent quick step and speed if he aligns out wide. And at the end of that review he says it clear as day: " going to have a hard time playing snaps in the NFL” EXACTLY!

Just now, downwithdallas said:

I thought there were LBs that could have started for us in the 4th but who knows what the FO thinks. The LBs really dropped in the draft. I knew it wasn't a strong class but never expected that. 

I was hoping for a S or Joseph.We took MIller and both were picked soon after that

I thought the Eagles would make it unanimous with Penn State players and take QB Trace McSorley but I think he ended up in a good spot with the Ravens. He can run just like Lamar Jackson even though I think he is a little more accurate than Jackson on some passes they both have the same game and he should be able to fill in for Jackson if necessary without them altering the game plan.  Goodbye RGIII

Miller is a true tweener that will either need to add functional strength and improve his hand usage to find a home as a 4-3 defensive end or embrace a transition to a 3-4 outside linebacker where he is challenged with duties in space. The mobility and pursuit effort that Miller showcases on tape lends itself favorably to a stand up role. Regardless of the position, development is needed from Miller to carve out his niche.

Round Grade - Mid/Late Day Three       This is Marinos take(same organization)

The second guy on that review that FL linked: his nicest thing he said about him was that he can get a good quick burst of the Olineman is tardy or false sets. Basically saying if the Olineman totally screws the pooch Miller has a chance.

Anyway history was made today.First time ever the same team had pick 1 and the last pick too