DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

The second guy on that review that FL linked: his nicest thing he said about him was that he can get a good quick burst of the Olineman is tardy or false sets. Basically saying if the Olineman totally screws the pooch Miller has a chance.

Don't expect him to start out of the gate,he is a project.So we will see what happens

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't expect him to start out of the gate,he is a project.So we will see what happens

You mean don’t expect him to play AT All out of the gate. See if he takes up a crucial 53 man spot or rots on the practice squad.

Wonder if Pedey lets out guys play basketball? Between Alson and Whiteside have the makings of a good squad

14 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I thought there were LBs that could have started for us in the 4th but who knows what the FO thinks. The LBs really dropped in the draft. I knew it wasn't a strong class but never expected that. 

The Eagles interviewed 15 linebackers this year before the draft and 10 of them had 7th round/ UDFA grades. Figure they would pick one of these guys up for the practice squad. I am curious about the LB they signed last year who tore his acl in practice. They brought him back plus got the kid from the Steelers. We probably have 6 on the roster don;t we? Sorry but I am having a senior moment with names.

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Checked an hour ago, was still avail

Think it would be a wise move

Just now, 1wrangler said:

The Eagles interviewed 15 linebackers this year before the draft and 10 of them had 7th round/ UDFA grades. Figure they would pick one of these guys up for the practice squad. I am curious about the LB they signed last year who tore his acl in practice. They brought him back plus got the kid from the Steelers. We probably have 6 on the roster don;t we? Sorry but I am having a senior moment with names.

Really up to Fort and Gerry to claim the job. Kamu stepped up last season. Need him to continue to climb. Bradham seems better at MLB but we’ll see how it works out.

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

We simply dont covet LB's(why I dont know)

Considering our division consists of Elliott, Barkley and Guice....kind of thought we needed to upgrade the LB room. Fort is known for being a backup but shows well in coverage. Gerry a S convert. We kind of need a thumper. 

8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Joey Alfieri, LB, Stanford

The Stanford LB is expected to sign with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent, per Jordan Raanan. The speedy linebacker ran a 4.53 at his Pro Day. While at Stanford, Alfieri had 156 tackles, 25.5 tackles for loss and 12.0 sacks during his four-year stint.

Well the law of averages should be evening out for the Eagles soon in the injury department since they had plenty of them the last two years. We have some older guys on the roster but if it all comes together injury wise, they should have a pretty good year.  You always need a little luck to go to the Super Bowl no matter how talented you are.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I can't answer that GB. In the past it was more difficult to understand than now though. Now we only have two on the field for a majority of the time. Even though we haven't had any pro bowl linebackers in a while, it hasn't seemed to hurt us. Now CB's are a different story. 

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Joey Alfieri, LB, Stanford

LOL He wasn't on the interview list 

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Considering our division consists of Elliott, Barkley and Guice....kind of thought we needed to upgrade the LB room. Fort is known for being a backup but shows well in coverage. Gerry a S convert. We kind of need a thumper. 

Is Worrilow a thumper? We actually have 8 LB's on the roster at the moment without the guy they just signed from Stanford

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wrangler the injured guy? Worrilow? Not much there unfortunately. ST/ backup caliber. 

Interesting that they brought him back after is injury. He was a starter for Atlanta and the Lions before he came here. I sort of figured he and kamu would fight it out for a roster spot. 

8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Interesting that they brought him back after is injury. He was a starter for Atlanta and the Lions before he came here. I sort of figured he and kamu would fight it out for a roster spot. 

He wasn’t very good. Mostly considered the weakness of their defense. But you can understand bringing in the experienced vet considering Kamu and Gerry’s inexperience. He’s a good character guy also I’ve believed. Blue collar hard worker that’s a step late is how I’d describe him.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Guice recovery not going well at all

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I feel the thinking here is DONT let them even get to the 2nd level.Just seems that way using the eye test

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

There was only two this year anyway. Both went super high. I kind of thought they would single out somebody that was better than most thought...but we get the undrafted guy from Stanford. Tough to complain but so much because you can only draft what’s available. Hopes ride on Fort.

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

I feel the thinking here is DONT let them even get to the 2nd level.Just seems that way using the eye test

Only thing I can come up with as to why we avoid LB's