DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

all of a sudden because no other RBs were drafted in round 2?    Lol.  Wasn't he supposed to be the second RB taken?  Was Jacobs a reach because no other RBs were taken until pick 53?  Lol.   

The best running back is always subjective. Love was the best for me. I am hoping that Duce's fingerprints are all over this Sanders pick. If you are going to be judged on how good a cook you are, you should at least be able to buy the ingredients for your recipe.   

New additions to UDFA Tracker as of 8:47am:

RB Nico Evans, Wyoming

CB/LB/S Tyrell Gilbert, Cincinnati

LB Jerry Iweh, Fairmont State

LB Mason Moe, UC Davis

OG Keegan Render, Iowa

DB Ajene Harris, USC

DE Louis Vecchio, Vanderbilt - [ROOKIE MINICAMP TRYOUT]

RB Ryan Fulse, Wagner - [ROOKIE MINICAMP TRYOUT]

CB Marko Myers - [ROOKIE MINICAMP TRYOUT]

WR Marshall Ellick, Stony Brook - [ROOKIE MINICAMP TRYOUT]

TE Darneail Jenkins, Rocky Mountain College - [ROOKIE MINICAMP TRYOUT]

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/4/27/18519870/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-nfl-draft-2019-news-rumors-players-udfa-philadelphia-eagles-lb

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Added to the UDFA list that MJK and DWD posted. I feel someone else laid out a link there too. If I forgot you (s), sorry. Running on empty. (Yeah I know; Jackson Browne.)

T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin (Source: Wisconsin football

Sua Opeta, OL, Weber State (Source: Aaron Wilson, Houston Chronicle)  

Casey Tucker, OL, Arizona State (Source: Michelle Gardner, The Arizona Republic)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-undrafted-rookie-free-agent-tracker-nfl-draft

Correction:

OG Casey Tucker, Arizona State - [ROOKIE MINICAMP TRYOUT] ONLY

9 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Only one UDFA this year... I do not ever remember that happening... They must feel very confident with the roster

We signed many more than that

4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That's a for 13 men on the field. 5 OL, QB + the 7 you have listed there. How much did you have to drink?  LOL

Nothing but those are the players we can use in any combo(see the slashes?)

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

GBFL, any of those make your UDFA list?

Nope 0-90 now

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

We had a freebie premium channel week and one of the movies we watched was "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg, the story of Philadelphia Eagles walk on Vince Papale. Really enjoyable and maybe the reason I'm in a more positive frame of mind than some. Tie that in w/ future HOF and UDFA JP, anything can happen!

Vinnie Papale is a UDFA WR did you know that????

GBFL, gotcha. I thought you were having a rampant surge of excitement.

42 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The best running back is always subjective. Love was the best for me. I am hoping that Duce's fingerprints are all over this Sanders pick. If you are going to be judged on how good a cook you are, you should at least be able to buy the ingredients for your recipe.   

Then there are those who can make hamburger helper taste like filet mignon

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

GBFL, gotcha. I thought you were having a rampant surge of excitement.

Maybe a rampant surge of last brain cell.As I said sometimes it works sporadically

4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Added to the UDFA list that MJK and DWD posted. I feel someone else laid out a link there too. If I forgot you (s), sorry. Running on empty. (Yeah I know; Jackson Browne.)

T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin (Source: Wisconsin football

Sua Opeta, OL, Weber State (Source: Aaron Wilson, Houston Chronicle)  

Casey Tucker, OL, Arizona State (Source: Michelle Gardner, The Arizona Republic)

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-undrafted-rookie-free-agent-tracker-nfl-draft

Edwards was an ok pick up IMO

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Then there are those who can make hamburger helper taste like filet mignon

Maybe a rampant surge of last brain cell.As I said sometimes it works sporadically

Well it's contagious cause I have it too.

SO when I do future contests,I will simply take all the players we choose on here,eliminate those and then write down ALL THE OTHERS HAHAHAHA 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nope I had Ulysses Gilbert from Akron

Oh well, I tried. That was the only piece of moss that clung to the pebble in my head lol

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Oh well, I tried. That was the only piece of moss that clung to the pebble in my head lol

lmao all I have are cobwebs

Edwards was a nice pick up.Think he could make this roster

At least we are signing positon players we need.LB's and OG's.Hopefully one or 2 can emerge to at least BU status.I think Edwards makes this squad(in what capacity remains to be seen)

1) Guys that are great and know it and don't put the work in(pass them up) 2) Guys that are good and are happy where they are(Pass them up) Guys that are good but want to be great and will do what it takes(sign them),Guys that are great but want to be the best ever(sign them),guys that are "good enough" but know they have alot more to learn(sign them),Guys that are average,but have the will and desire to find better coaches and become above average(sign them),guys that are above average and are happy with that(pass them up),guys that understand you may never be a star,but you can make a living and do it consistently(sign them)

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At least we are signing positon players we need.LB's and OG's.Hopefully one or 2 can emerge to at least BU status.I think Edwards makes this squad(in what capacity remains to be seen)

I take it more like that decent LB and G free agents are sending their players towards us. Figuring this is a place they can make a squad.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I take it more like that decent LB and G free agents are sending their players towards us. Figuring this is a place they can make a squad.

Sure,but you may find a DITR here as well.It's better to me than totally ignoring what we need

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like Edwards here.he needs coaching,we have that.You can't expect a player with college coaches to jump into the NFL,thats why we have coaches

As far as the Miller pick and since I know ZIP about the PSU coaching staff,it IS possible with different techinques and strength training he will be come much better.I'm not gonna say he will be a star,but if you see kinda how I would pick players,he qualifies.if we can take him from Average to above average we should at least have a solid BU player

And then also when you look at today, a guy like Shareef [Miller], we think in a normal draft, that guy goes yesterday (as in Friday). Because so many teams took defensive linemen, we had an opportunity to get a young pass rusher we think we can work with and develop and has some tools in his body.” - Howie

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/4/27/18520504/howie-roseman-nfl-draft-2019-thoughts-philadelphia-eagles-press-conference-joe-douglas-pederson-news

I feel this way. As a late 4th I'm not expecting him to be a star right away. Keep improving week after week and work your way in to a BU role in any capacity. If he hits a ceiling and has no more effort and/or physical capacity, then it's a fail. All picks are a gamble. They're humans, not cyborgs.

It was a pretty obvious draft setup for us this year all along. Three picks in our top 35(if we had gone BPA the whole way). And then day three sleepers. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/4/27/18520504/howie-roseman-nfl-draft-2019-thoughts-philadelphia-eagles-press-conference-joe-douglas-pederson-news

I feel this way. As a late 4th I'm not expecting him to be a star right away. Keep improving week after week and work your way in to a BU role in any capacity. If he hits a ceiling and has no more effort and/or physical capacity, then it's a fail. All picks are a gamble. They're humans, not cyborgs.

So where are you keeping this guy while you do all this coaching and training to get him up to backup status?