DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

As long as it’s on the practice squad...I’m fine with that. Keeping guys on the 53 that we have no intent on playing because they aren’t even at backup level yet hurts us. Or store them on IR but then they can’t even practice.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It was a pretty obvious draft setup for us this year all along. Three picks in our top 35(if we had gone BPA the whole way). And then day three sleepers. 

So where are you keeping this guy while you do all this coaching and training to get him up to backup status?

7 players can be active, but not dress on game day. If he makes it that far. There's a good bit of time for him to be coached up even before TC starts.

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

As far as the Miller pick and since I know ZIP about the PSU coaching staff,it IS possible with different techinques and strength training he will be come much better.I'm not gonna say he will be a star,but if you see kinda how I would pick players,he qualifies.if we can take him from Average to above average we should at least have a solid BU player

Nowhere near average. But if we can take him from a one trick pony to a two or three trick pony then maybe you can develop him into a backup. His thing is a speed rush outside pass rushing. Do you really think he comes out and sees the field on a crucial third down only for us? And even his one thing is based on the Olineman setting wrong and screwing up for him to succeed. Which in college happens. In the NFL...

3 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

7 players can be active, but not dress on game day. If he makes it that far. There's a good bit of time for him to be coached up even before TC starts.

I’m just telling you I don’t see him moving ahead of Sweat(last year’s fourth round DE) or even Ostman. So count the DE and tell me how many you can keep on the 53.

And yes that’s exactly what I’m afraid of: him being on the 53 with no intent on suiting up for a game. Mailata I understood. Miller I’m not.

Isn't that what Schwartz's DL is all about? A half wide - 9, that gets after the QB, outside rush. You know Fletch is gonna be out there on 3rd down getting doubled. Where Miller needs the most improvement is against the run. Not saying he doesn't have to improve his pass rush skills, but there's ample time for him to show improvement. Again, he doesn't have to dress on game day and still be active without hurting the roster. Every season multiple players (a few) are on the inactive list.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

oh sorry forgot about Hall. He’s the sleeper DE on our team.

You make me laugh so much a guy we were willing to draft has no chance but these UDFA and guys we picked up off waives are sleepers and can just becomes beasts lol....

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

You make me laugh so much a guy we were willing to draft has no chance but these UDFA and guys we picked up off waives are sleepers and can just becomes beasts lol....

Comparatively? absolutely

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So count the DE and tell me how many you can keep on the 53.

Hang on, give me an hour to fuel what grey matter I have left. LOL

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And with Miller it just feels like a three or four year plan to develop him into a backup

Aww, c'mon now Ham. 3-4 yrs??? For a BU. You're killin me bud lol  Ostman=:worthy:  Miller=:nonono:

13 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Let’s place the bets now then. I’ll give you Miller and I get Hall. We’ll let the rest of the Bored vote on who had the better preseason.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If he’s going to be unblocked Miller might be your guy. Much of his highlights he was unblocked.

Maybe with his speed a position change? SInce he has that ONE attribute,maybe a BU MLB? on a 3 LB set?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe with his speed a position change? SInce he has that ONE attribute,maybe a BU MLB? on a 3 LB set?

He has the speed to possibly clog up the middle.Dont need to do much there just GET IN THE WAY

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yes, he could move to OLB and we could use him one play a game to blitz.

Can you rush the QB from the LB spot? I didn't know that lol. Maybe Miller can't tackle either. HA-HA

He has the speed to possibly clog up the middle.Dont need to do much there just GET IN THE WAY

Maybe you stumbled on his new nickname Speedbump Miller

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

lmao maybe!!!!

I'll do 2 plays for 1/2 salary,am I in?

ONE PLAY/GAME??? Oh, I forgot, Miller doesn't have arms to tackle either. :lol:

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

LMFAO!!!!!!!! Good one Ham!

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

1) Guys that are great and know it and don't put the work in(pass them up) 2) Guys that are good and are happy where they are(Pass them up) Guys that are good but want to be great and will do what it takes(sign them),Guys that are great but want to be the best ever(sign them),guys that are "good enough" but know they have alot more to learn(sign them),Guys that are average,but have the will and desire to find better coaches and become above average(sign them),guys that are above average and are happy with that(pass them up),guys that understand you may never be a star,but you can make a living and do it consistently(sign them)

The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away. My gift is picking college players for NFL teams other than my own. How about you?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sure as a MLB slow them up and let the DE's converge 1/2 yard gain lol

Just now, 1wrangler said:

The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away. My gift is picking college players for NFL teams other than my own. How about you?

My gift is an endless stream of useless information available at my finger tips.To the dismay of many I give that away freely HAHA

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Like I said next year I will look at every player we choose on here,discard them and pick whats left lol

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Not sure a football site is an appropriate place for me to discuss this LOL