DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not sure a football site is an appropriate place for me to discuss this LOL

Is it some biz deal regarding Pats ownership?

30 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Let’s place the bets now then. I’ll give you Miller and I get Hall. We’ll let the rest of the Bored vote on who had the better preseason.

That is fine I’ll take the tasty cake bet 

BTW I also lost my bid for the "sleeper" RB UDFA trifecta (Ty Johnson and Williams from Wash St) lol

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I'm gonna play this smart and buy stock in Tastykake lmao

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just to make it more entertaining I’ll take Ridgeway over your boy Hester as well in the bottom of the roster battles lol 

15 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Can you rush the QB from the LB spot? I didn't know that lol. Maybe Miller can't tackle either. HA-HA

IDK speed bumps don't move so fast

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just to make it more entertaining I’ll take Ridgeway over your boy Hester as well in the battle of the bottom roster spots lol 

OHH thats a good bet there my friend

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

My first dream of 2019,is to see the face of the Dullaz DB when JJ boxes him out for a TD 

My dream is to beat Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers for the first time. And of course Zeke Elliot. 

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So count the DE and tell me how many you can keep on the 53.

There's 7 counting Miller (not counting Long who is nearly long - gone). Barnett, Curry, Graham, Hall, Ostman, Sweat, and Miller. In 2017 we had 6 DE's on roster counting Braman who was ST'er, so he doesn't really count. Last year? I can't remember. I'm too far gone at this point. Been up since 8:30am yesterday. I think Ostman will be on PS or gone fishing. How sure are we that Sweat will make it? He's a Rd 4 too, 130 whereas Miller was picked at 138. By your rationalization Sweat will be thrown to the manure heap along with Miller.

Miller's got plenty of range. When he's isolated in space he does bring the needed scrape ability and burst to the sideline to make sure guys don't get the corner on him. His short area quickness flashes on inside stunts to blast through gaps. I do get what you're saying though. If Miller isn't able to be more stout at the LOS and as a pass rusher, he's going to have a difficult time playing notable snaps in the NFL. Too much finesse entering the NFL.  That's the best I've got. If you don't like it sue me or Bludgeon me to death :chair:

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I never saw Sanders ranked as the number two RB. Henderson and the other Bama RB were that. And Montgomery.  Usually saw Sanders as fourth or fifth. 

I seen quite a bit of people rank Sanders as the #2 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m just telling you I don’t see him moving ahead of Sweat(last year’s fourth round DE) or even Ostman. So count the DE and tell me how many you can keep on the 53.

And yes that’s exactly what I’m afraid of: him being on the 53 with no intent on suiting up for a game. Mailata I understood. Miller I’m not.

As for how many DEs we can keep on roster my guess would be 5....So 3 locks leaves 2 spots open(can’t cant Long no clue what he does).....

As for a guy being on the 53 and not suiting up literally every team does this every year they have bottom of the roster guys that never dress mainly because they like them want to develop them but fear they will be poached off the PS 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

As for how many DEs we can keep on roster my guess would be 5....So 3 locks leaves 2 spots open(can’t cant Long no clue what he does).....

I read something yesterday where Long said the Eagles were already talking to the effect that his snaps would be limited. and Long said that he's too accomplished or whatever word he used to that result. So what I gathered from it is that he's walkin. Whether that just be out of Philly or out of NFL.

12 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Who is this? He says best RB in class. I def don't see that. Not the worst, but not the best either.

The Eagles just got the best back in the draft in Miles Sanders

Duce liked Sanders and our scouts thought highly enough of him to take in round 2 so going to trust there judgement on that one....I like Sanders game and think his areas of weakness that need work are right in line in areas Duce should be great at teaching taking the yards that are there not going for the home run all the time and ball security also having Howard showing him how it is done should help also 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So count the DE and tell me how many you can keep on the 53.

In all honesty Ham, the 2 spots left after BG55, Curry, and Barnett will be battled between Hall, Sweat, Ostman, and Miller. May the best 2 win is what matters the most. I'm most optimistic that Hall will lock up the first of the two spots. You could be right about Miller. Have to wait and see if he has the intestinal fortitude to work towards the carrot the coaches dangle in front of him. I know they made a whiff on McCalister, but that's a little more excusable with him being a 7th rd (240) pick in '16. Miller. not so much.

Tweet from Elliot Shorr-Parks

Fair expectation for each #Eagles rookie next year: 

Dillard: Learn/Develop to be ready for 2020  

Sanders: Instant impact 

Arcega-Whiteside: 4th WR, 20 catches 

Miller: 4th/5th DE 

Thorson: Practie squad

Mostly agree with this think Whiteside could be in line for bigger role but as the roster stand now sounds right....As for Thorson my guess is he is the 3rd QB so essentially the same thing as PS he is going to sit and develop 

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Duce liked Sanders and our scouts thought highly enough of him to take in round 2 so going to trust there judgement on that one....I like Sanders game and think his areas of weakness that need work are right in line in areas Duce should be great at teaching taking the yards that are there not going for the home run all the time and ball security also having Howard showing him how it is done should help also 

Yeah, ball security was one of his setbacks and going for the house too much.

Will be interesting to see if we opt to trade a guy like Big V or AG for another position maybe a LB or just picks.....Woudl not be  if we tried to move a CB either like Mills(I know we like him but in his final year would we be willing to resign him)

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Lets get to work!!!! We have a SB to win

Phase 2 of voluntary WO's  starts tomorrow

IDK I'd like to have the home run hitter threat lol.Howard can grind,clement can catch,Add Sanders in for that HR threat whenever he is on the field.I can't fault a guy for busting to take it to the house

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Phase 2 of voluntary WO's  starts tomorrow

Like I said lets get to work!!!

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK I'd like to have the home run hitter threat lol.Howard can grind,clement can catch,Add Sanders in for that HR threat whenever he is on the field.I can't fault a guy for busting to take it to the house

Like I said lets get to work!!!

It’s great that he has it but can’t do it all the time there are times you just have to take what is given....When you try and get to fancy trying to break a long run how you end up losing yards as well 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW Howard lead blocker for Sanders following Ertz/Goedert.GL there HAHAHA

Like trying to stop 3 steam rollers lol

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

It’s great that he has it but can’t do it all the time there are times you just have to take what is given....When you try and get to fancy trying to break a long run how you end up losing yards as well 

I'm sure he is aware of that.Playing in the Big 10 you learn that rather fast