DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK I'd like to have the home run hitter threat lol.Howard can grind,clement can catch,Add Sanders in for that HR threat whenever he is on the field.I can't fault a guy for busting to take it to the house

As long as Sanders doesn't do the dancing bear routine like Shady did in his early years. I wanted to pull my hair out. Sometimes he'd cut on dime and get by the tackler, a lot of the time he got stuffed for a 2-3 yd loss.

It was a similar knock that saquan had on him people weren’t sure he would just put his head down and take the 3-4 yards that were given at times and he did find adjusting and still did plenty to be able to take the run to the house as well all about balance is all have to know the situation 

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

As long as Sanders doesn't do the dancing bear routine like Shady did in his early years. I wanted to pull my hair out. Sometimes he'd cut on dime and get by the tackler, a lot of the time he got stuffed for a 2-3 yd loss.

Depends who you play!!!! Sometimes juking is your best weapon,sometimes a clear cut is,thats what a good back does,adjusts his game to his opposition

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like trying to stop 3 steam rollers lol

I'm sure he is aware of that.Playing in the Big 10 you learn that rather fast

He wasn't very effective against Kentucky in the bowl game. Some of it was PSU's OL, some of it was Josh Allen and KY's D.

Depends who you play!!!! Sometimes juking is your best weapon,sometimes a clear cut is,thats what a good back does,adjusts his game to his opposition

AKA dont be 1 dimensional

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

He wasn't very effective against Kentucky in the bowl game. Some of it was PSU's OL, some of it was Josh Allen and KY's D.

Did he have Howard lead blocking in that game? HAHA

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yep, I'm really confident that Duce will have him set by preseason. I'm sure he's talked to Barkley too and heeded the advice to tweak his carry decisions.

Game adjusts for RB-I always loved watching Tomlinson.You never knew what his next move was.He could bash you in the face or slip right by you and he did both well

Game adjusts for RB-I always loved watching Tomlinson.You never knew what his next move was.He could bash you in the face or slip right by you and he did both well

Duce was pretty good at this too lol

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Or go right over top of ya! LT was a ton of fun to watch.

Him and Gates kept D's very busy.So we have Howard,Sanders and Ertz..I hope to see the same thing but IDK if anyone will ever be as good a tandem as they were

I think though we have a better WR corps than they did at the time.But it shows me just how much a good RB and TE can screw up defensive schemes HAHA(oh and now you gotta cover DeSean and Alshon lmao)

IDK if Ertz is at A Gates level yet, but he can't be too far off.

Road to the SB starts tomorrow.let's get it done!!!

IDK if Ertz is at A Gates level yet, but he can't be too far off.

Close is fine,but we have a better WR corps than they did.But I enjoyed watching them both shaft defensive coordinators plans 

1)Lets crowd the box and slow down LT(Gates open) 2) ok lets pull back and DT gates(LT for 20 lol).I see this happening here as we keep shifting players around

Our RZ conv. % should hopefully go back to what it was in '17.

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

Our RZ conv. % should hopefully go back to what it was in '17.

Better

JJ Arcega-Whiteside= Jump-Jolt-and Waggle

We'll see if he can live up to that title.

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside= Jump-Jolt-and Waggle

Don't expect to see him a whole bunch.Just get him experience.if someone goes down he's ready(Hollins also)

Don't expect to see him a whole bunch.Just get him experience.if someone goes down he's ready(Hollins also)

Ag could still be "on the block" also.We shall see

Yeah, I know. Just tryin to come up with something for Whiteside for (much) later on for if he turns in to a DB nightmare.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Going to depend on the AG situation if he gets moved Whiteside role should increase a ton if we keep him should likely see similar numbers to Hollins rookie year 

Hollins is still a huge wildcard as well no clue what to expect from him I had high hopes for him last year but got hurt and never played .....Best case truly believe he can be a good outside WR and has the size and speed to be a good deep threat....Worst case should be a good depth WR  strong STer