DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

Hollins is a great gunner. I was disappointed not to see him on the field in his 2nd year. Has a good stiff arm for RAC too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/Jason-Peters-Eagles-left-guard-131548221/Amp/

Not linking this article for the fact they are taking will JP play G we have had these talks all the time but right at the very beginning they say JP wants to play until he is 40 anyone see him say that before????? I have not seen him mention wanting to play till he is 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/Jason-Peters-Eagles-left-guard-131548221/Amp/

Not linking this article for the fact they are taking will JP play G we have had these talks all the time but right at the very beginning they say JP wants to play until he is 40 anyone see him say that before????? I have not seen him mention wanting to play till he is 40

Nice find BG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DWD, you're the big winner of the day. Probly the lone one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just to make it more entertaining I’ll take Ridgeway over your boy Hester as well in the bottom of the roster battles lol 

You’re a gluten for punishment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You’re a gluten for punishment

So I take it the bet is on then winner of bottom of the roster battle between Miller/Ridgeway vs Hall/Hester is on lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So I take it the bet is on then winner of bottom of the roster battle between Miller/Ridgeway vs Hall/Hester is on lol

Feeling confident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope your guys provide a tiny bit of competition to get the best out of the guys that make the squad. I really am a iron sharpens iron mentality guy. Competition brings out the best(well some fold...but we don’t want those guys anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I think that’s what we want out of the NW QB. Give a bit of competition to Suds. Let’s not just hand the job over on a silver platter. Not thinking he’s really up to giving much of a challenge. But hoping I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I just hope your guys provide a tiny bit of competition to get the best out of the guys that make the squad. I really am a iron sharpens iron mentality guy. Competition brings out the best(well some fold...but we don’t want those guys anyway).

I hope we get the best out of the guys that make the squad to Miller and Ridgeway lol....If we felt so confident in the guys on the roster wouldn’t have felt the need to use picks on those players....Hester was less then stellar in his play last year not sure why you see so much in him and your boys Ostman and Hall both did nothing last year as well couldn’t even get on the roster and dress when we had really only 3 DEs in Graham/Bennett/Long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I hope we get the best out of the guys that make the squad to Miller and Ridgeway lol....If we felt so confident in the guys on the roster wouldn’t have felt the need to use picks on those players....Hester was less then stellar in his play last year not sure why you see so much in him and your boys Ostman and Hall both did nothing last year as well couldn’t even get on the roster and dress when we had really only 3 DEs in Graham/Bennett/Long 

I mean that goes both ways. If Ridgeway was such a beast the Colts wouldn’t have given him up for a hot dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I mean that goes both ways. If Ridgeway was such a beast the Colts wouldn’t have given him up for a hot dog.

Not worried what the colts think though only what our team thinks lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

DWD, you're the big winner of the day. Probly the lone one too.

Lol probably I would guess that not many people predict a person to make the team this late in the draft process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 1:06 PM, trini said:

Hehehehe you ain’t right 😇... I have been sooo awesome selecting OTHER Teams picks 🤔😓 all Draft long...gonna say QB is the pick, then LB.

The picks turned out to be DE/LB and QB. Lots of people,  Sal Pal... media types ... unhappy with our Draft choices... at the end of the day Howie and Joe have earned the the right to lead in choosing  those players. Some have jumped off the Mailata bus... playing the Dillard (Dilly Dilly) selection as wasted resources on Mailata. Disparaging the front office. Hell 1st... round, Hell in all rounds. Draft Picks Fail. Surprising  the anger and frustration over Miller  and Thorson... No I am not   going to just be a homer, even though Howie and Joe deserve my trust...I gotta see how the New guys perform on the field of play before I crucify them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning All,  I think the Eagles did a good job addressing most needs. More importantly, I feel they drafted at least 3 starters and a couple potential starters down the road. I am also going to call the Local radio today to give a shout out to my wife's nephew for signing a contract with the Falcons. He also had visits to 19 other teams including the Eagles and Giants, but he took the team that gave him the best odds of making the team. Very proud of him. Great kid and the Penn State head coach loved him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

These bottom of the roster guys is what No Mas lives for. Surprised he hasn’t jumped in yet LOL

When you think about the numbers of football players out there, there probably shouldn't be a bottom of the roster. 32 NFL teams with 63 players each for a total 2016 players. 130 Div 1 football teams alone with how many players on each team? You know that there is no way all these kids can get a fair look just by the volume of them out there. I would say that most teams concern themselves mainly with just the scholarship kids which is still a lot to cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK about the QB we drafted(I will check him out more),suffice to say,I will state for the record that Brett Rypien will start someday and you heard it here first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/Jason-Peters-Eagles-left-guard-131548221/Amp/

Not linking this article for the fact they are taking will JP play G we have had these talks all the time but right at the very beginning they say JP wants to play until he is 40 anyone see him say that before????? I have not seen him mention wanting to play till he is 40

  That would make the Dillard pick much more valuable. If Dillard shows the talent and Peters can play Guard, we would have a solid line for a few more years....

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK about the QB we drafted(I will check him out more),suffice to say,I will state for the record that Brett Rypien will start someday and you heard it here first

  Not so sure about that, but noted my friend....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK if this kid is still out there(no coffee yet lmao) but I'd LOVE to stash this guy(nice little tutorial as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

When you think about the numbers of football players out there, there probably shouldn't be a bottom of the roster. 32 NFL teams with 63 players each for a total 2016 players. 130 Div 1 football teams alone with how many players on each team? You know that there is no way all these kids can get a fair look just by the volume of them out there. I would say that most teams concern themselves mainly with just the scholarship kids which is still a lot to cover.

Plus add into it that the average career of an NFL player is 3-4 years so not allot of openings. You need to take into account some players make it on second attempt the following year...

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now