DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't we also pick up a "proven" FA LB?????

IDK about proven, but we got that LJ Forte from Steelers.

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

Both of you make good points and sense here. If I could add more talent and push the competition even farther I sure would.

We usually play 2 LB's so getting 50 in here really seems irrelevent.Gimme 2 starters and 2 worthy BU's and a guy on the PS and we're fine

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

IDK about proven, but we got that LJ Forte from Steelers.

Welp he's not a rook!!!! And you wanted competition and I think we have that

25 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

He's not allowed to go on the practice squad?   

Are you kidding me? We wasted a 4th rd. pick on him. He can't be replaced LOL

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Already there HAHA(maybe Mahomes too)

Mahomes will be drafted too early this year.    My guess is he loses Hill due to the off the field stuff..... from there, he will still be really good, butwill be overdrafted due to last year.  

Do we really call 138 a 4th round pick..... It was the last comp pick in the round ..... 4 rounds of draft picks... plus 2 rounds of comp picks.... 138 was that last pick.     LOL

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Mahomes will be drafted too early this year.    My guess is he loses Hill due to the off the field stuff..... from there, he will still be really good, butwill be overdrafted due to last year.  

Yeah think Hill is already gone and they had to draft a WR early on to replace him.You are right though mahomes will go early on fantasy draft day.Wentz may too.Mayfield I will target and still find a nice BU

Just now, joemas6 said:

Do we really call 138 a 4th round pick..... It was the last comp pick in the round ..... 4 rounds of draft picks... plus 2 rounds of comp picks.... 138 was that last pick.     LOL

Technically it was but in reality more of a 5th rounder

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._J._Fort    Seems to me to be a viable BU,not starter type,but he can step in if one goes down

IDK... football today is so situational.... "starter" or "Backup"  for a lot of these guys means what?   Who is on the field on the first snap?   Who gets introduced pregame?    Who plays more snaps?     Give me as many snaps as you can, then I will value you more as a player.... if not quantity of naps... then give me key downs.    

To me... the player on the field on 3rd down is more valuable.  The player that is on the field in the red zone.     These type guys will effect the score.    Especially when looking at the guys in the back 7 of your D.   

Didn't have enough last year to do it(first time in 15 years) but may have enough to fire up my PRIVATE fantasy league(CBS).At any rate,if anyone want to message me with their email addy and I need more teams I will give you a shot lol 

Just now, joemas6 said:

IDK... football today is so situational.... "starter" or "Backup"  for a lot of these guys means what?   Who is on the field on the first snap?   Who gets introduced pregame?    Who plays more snaps?     Give me as many snaps as you can, then I will value you more as a player.... if not quantity of naps... then give me key downs.    

To me... the player on the field on 3rd down is more valuable.  The player that is on the field in the red zone.     These type guys will effect the score.    Especially when looking at the guys in the back 7 of your D.   

Well what I see is he has bounced around the league with many teams.if he was THAT hot,he would still be with them,and so I re-iterate he is a good BU  but thats it

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah think Hill is already gone and they had to draft a WR early on to replace him.You are right though mahomes will go early on fantasy draft day.Wentz may too.Mayfield I will target and still find a nice BU

Technically it was but in reality more of a 5th rounder

Carr should be good this year in the backup role.  The kid from Baltimore if their defense struggles will get more opportunity for stats.  

Just now, joemas6 said:

Carr should be good this year in the backup role.  The kid from Baltimore if their defense struggles will get more opportunity for stats.  

Yeah like Jackson as a BU.They drafted some weapons for him and as he grows into it,he should be better as the year progresses,so he is a good target for a fantasy BU

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't we also pick up a "proven" FA LB?????

Lmao no we have Fort who has been primarily a backup and STer and he is around 30 as well I believe 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't have enough last year to do it(first time in 15 years) but may have enough to fire up my PRIVATE fantasy league(CBS).At any rate,if anyone want to message me with their email addy and I need more teams I will give you a shot lol 

Well what I see is he has bounced around the league with many teams.if he was THAT hot,he would still be with them,and so I re-iterate he is a good BU  but thats it

I thought he was with the Steelers the last 3 years?     But again... if he is on the field in passing situations.... compared to some other guy playing less snaps on early downs... yet "starts" the game ... who is really more valuable?   The starter or the backup in this case?   

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah like Jackson as a BU.They drafted some weapons for him and as he grows into it,he should be better as the year progresses,so he is a good target for a fantasy BU

With Antonio,I think Carr will be drafted as a 1 QB by someone,but if he hits NOT DRAFTED,I would certainly take a look

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao no we have Fort who has been primarily a backup and STer and he is around 30 as well I believe 

well he's a proven BU

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

SO you want 50 LB's in here lol.nah like I said gimme 2 starters 2 BUs and a PS guy

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I thought he was with the Steelers the last 3 years?     But again... if he is on the field in passing situations.... compared to some other guy playing less snaps on early downs... yet "starts" the game ... who is really more valuable?   The starter or the backup in this case?   

He played the last game due to injury,didn't play alot besides that,so unless he has some kind of "revelation" he will remain a BU

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

In 'reality' it's a 5th, but hey I'm just being politically correct by using the '4th rd pick title' as it occurred.

1 minute ago, EaglesTD123 said:

In 'reality' it's a 5th, but hey I'm just being politically correct by using the '4th rd pick title' as it occurred.

Are we still peddling AG? IDK haven't heard

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Are we still peddling AG? IDK haven't heard

I'd trade him outright for a LB,otherwise see little reason to bring 100 LB"s in here

He played the last game due to injury,didn't play alot besides that

Yeah.... I thought he was their cover LB?    305 snaps last year .... assuming besides the last couple where he got more.... he was mostly playing on 3rd down.     to me... you can label him however you want..... if he can be the other LB besides Bradham that is on the field on 3rd down... that's pretty good.    Help us get off the field.

I’m just looking at guys on our roster that are likely going to be out the door anyway so why not try move them to strength areas of possible weakness.....

Using the eye test,it seems to me the theory here is to not allow RB's to get to level 2.Seems thats why we value the linemen over LB's

I'd trade him outright for a LB,otherwise see little reason to bring 100 LB"s in here

Isn’t that what I said at the start lol possibly trying to trade for a LB even mentioned AG as one of the possible trade candidates 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah.... I thought he was their cover LB?    305 snaps last year .... assuming besides the last couple where he got more.... he was mostly playing on 3rd down.     to me... you can label him however you want..... if he can be the other LB besides Bradham that is on the field on 3rd down... that's pretty good.    Help us get off the field.

Welp if he's good at 3rd downs and thats where his value lies,then I assume thats why we got him?

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m just looking at guys on our roster that are likely going to be out the door anyway so why not try move them to strength areas of possible weakness.....

I think absolutely we bring in some LBs... to me, we need the #2 guy.     Push Hill and Fort back.    More importantly if that guy can come in on early downs.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Dont forget after May 7th we can still get another LB(and anyone else),so we aren't DONE here yet