DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We usually play 2 LB's so getting 50 in here really seems irrelevent.Gimme 2 starters and 2 worthy BU's and a guy on the PS and we're fine

Welp he's not a rook!!!! And you wanted competition and I think we have that

Yes we do have competition. Just that if we can get more comp I'll take it. What if Dillard turns out to be a superior option toVaitai? Another team has interest in Big V and wants to trade the Eagles a stud LB for Vaitai. Would you do it?

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Isn’t that what I said at the start lol possibly trying to trade for a LB even mentioned AG as one of the possible trade candidates 

IDK you say lots of things HAHAHA

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Using the eye test,it seems to me the theory here is to not allow RB's to get to level 2.Seems thats why we value the linemen over LB's

Yeah... I've been watching football for 40 years.... my theory has always been to stop the RB from getting to the second level.    It's much easoer to stop a team from getting 10 yards on 3 plays when their RBs don't get to the second level and start with an 8 yard gain.    

Also... I think my theory of having guys play WR that can catch helps too.    

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

Yes we do have competition. Just that if we can get more comp I'll take it. What if Dillard turns out to be a superior option toVaitai? Another team has interest in Big V and wants to trade the Eagles a stud LB for Vaitai. Would you do it?

Yes

Just now, joemas6 said:

Yeah... I've been watching football for 40 years.... my theory has always been to stop the RB from getting to the second level.    It's much easoer to stop a team from getting 10 yards on 3 plays when their RBs don't get to the second level and start with an 8 yard gain.    

Like that 2nd theory quite a bit HAHA

3 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Don't think we are done here yet.With the LB's we got I believe we have competition,however I feel we will go out and get another decent LB after May 7.I also believe Howie engineered the cap space to do it

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Replace stud with player ... for a more realistic idea.    I think they may make a trade, if they get the right player they want.... if its classified as a stud ... then they jump on it.    

2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Replace stud with player ... for a more realistic idea.    I think they may make a trade, if they get the right player they want.... if its classified as a stud ... then they jump on it.    

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

JJ has good hands!!!!

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Are we still peddling AG? IDK haven't heard

Not as far as what I read on BGN from what Howie said. But, he could just be blowing smoke too 'cause he wants to see???

Not sure how up to date this is lol

The ones in red are signed

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Not as far as what I read on BGN from what Howie said. But, he could just be blowing smoke too 'cause he wants to see???

yeah nothing set yet,the smoke jobs will go until may 7

Hmmmm Mante Teo anyone?

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Don’t mean to call out this post specifically, just about this subject. That’s not how Schwartz D works. We have the Dline penetrating not trying to anchor in and hold ground. So the LBs attack the holes if they read run. It’s more about not letting the RB get to the secondary level.

No idea why you guys are planning for Peters playing a few more seasons. He’s played two seasons too long already. It’s a better situation this year having Dillard in the wings. Let him learn and pickup anything he can. But a move to G and future seasons for Peters is silly talk. This is his swan song. Like to see him go out with style though.

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t mean to call out this post specifically, just about this subject. That’s not how Schwartz D works. We have the Dline penetrating not trying to anchor in and hold ground. So the LBs attack the holes if they read run. It’s more about not letting the RB get to the secondary level.

Which defense is designed to allow the RB to get to the secondary level?    If here is one, please make sure we don't hire the guy who runs that system.    

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No idea why you guys are planning for Peters playing a few more seasons. He’s played two seasons too long already. It’s a better situation this year having Dillard in the wings. Let him learn and pickup anything he can. But a move to G and future seasons for Peters is silly talk. This is his swan song. Like to see him go out with style though.

Ham, you missed it.   Back in 2015, someone asked Peters if he wanted to play guard.   Regardless that he answered that as long as i'm here, I am the best LT on the team ... the idea turned into one person asking him if he wanted to play guard , then another person bringing it up to a coach that someone asked Peters if he wanted to play guard.    Then another person mentioned that the coach mentioned that someone asked Peters if he wanted to play guard .... then another person mentioned, that there was a report that mentioned that a coach mentioned that a reporter  mentioned that another reporter asked Peters if he wanted to play guard.  

This is how there is a conclusion that Peters wants to play guard.   Really Peters never said he wanted to play guard.... but instead it was talked about multiple times about Peters playing guard .... not by Peters... but by enough people so that the perception is that Peters said he would play guard.  

So I'm going to start one here..... I would love to be able to do a 360 slam dunk.    Lets get more people talking about it, so that maybe in a month or so from now, everyone will think I am a former NBA slam dunk champion.   Pretty much the same system why everyone think Peters said he would play guard.   Nobody can ever find the quote because its in the same article where Lane Johnson said he was thinking of retiring... we can put my slam dunk title in that same article.   Maybe Joe S can write it?   

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I agree but simple fact is if JP say he wants to play again do we really think our FO isn’t going to bring him back???? 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

UM swan song? Would it not be Peter's and the FO's choice to make? If they think he can be a KA guard,then let him play unless you got someone better

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Wentz 5th year option exercised

Nice... I wasn't sure if they were going to do it.... lol.   

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

UM swan song? Would it not be Peter's and the FO's choice to make? If they think he cna be a KA guard,then let him play unless you got someone better

I'm doing research ... trying to find the article where he said he wanted to play Guard.    I'll put it up ASAP.  

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

LOL I know but it's "official" now

Just now, joemas6 said:

I'm doing research ... trying to find the article where he said he wanted to play Guard.    I'll put it up ASAP.  

I never said he said he did,but possibly as he ages he would like to do it.That's up to him to decide if he wants to keep playing.if he wants to retire as a future HOF OT,thats fine also

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah IDK maybe we can trade for Foles HAHAHA

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

I never said he said he did,but possibly as he ages he would like to do it.That's up to him to decide if he wants to keep playing.if he wants to retire as a future HOF OT,thats fine also

GBFL... its not just you.... its everyone on here assuming it.... its taken a life of its own, on here and on the local radio shows.    

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL... its not just you.... its everyone on here assuming it.... its taken a life of its own, on here and on the local radio shows.    

Oh not me,I am merely suggesting it's an OPTION he has.He will probably go out as the HOF bound OT he is and be remembered as such,but it IS an option if he wants to do it and if he can then see no reason to say NOPE unless we have a better option at G