DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

On 4/28/2019 at 8:30 AM, GreenbleedinFL said:

We signed many more than that

Yea... CBS sports did a crappy job updating the Eagles on their list

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

If we cut him now.... he can skip OTAs etc.   Maybe that's what he wants too.   For me, I'm not planning on him playing next year.   I'm ok getting hte $5.3 mil of cap space for now... then keeping it open for his return later if we don't sing anyone.    The young kids would get more reps in the spring and camp etc.  

Agreed,take the cap space

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah, CBS went downhill on several fronts, including their draft projections.

I thought the draft network did a fantastic job on player rankings and giving there opinions on players strengths and weaknesses 

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not sure what team Long thinks is going to feature him as the star. He had a very good season last year. So this is obviously a good place for him to play. I’m sure he would get a good amount of snaps as part of the rotation. And if one DE gets injured he moves up to workhorse status. 

Sadly he does not understand and value the concept of having a deep pool of talent, that much less wear and tear on the body in 2019 might extend his overall career by a year if he was willing to hit FA after contract is done... He has NO reason to NOT take the easy money Philly is willing to give him... I suspect that both he and Sproles are just playing the cards to be able to minimize the amount of work the have to put in before the season starts

or did Sproles move from his position of I will tell you some time in  May

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I thought the draft network did a fantastic job on player rankings and giving there opinions on players strengths and weaknesses 

Yup, TDN crushed it during the college football season and the months leading up to the draft.

42 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Sadly he does not understand and value the concept of having a deep pool of talent, that much less wear and tear on the body in 2019 might extend his overall career by a year if he was willing to hit FA after contract is done... He has NO reason to NOT take the easy money Philly is willing to give him... I suspect that both he and Sproles are just playing the cards to be able to minimize the amount of work the have to put in before the season starts

"I suspect that both he and Sproles are just playing the cards to be able to minimize the amount of work the have to put in before the season starts" Oh please HAHAHAHA.This is almost TOO funny.These are professional athletes,not some bums off the street. Sproles busted his arse to even make it back AT ALL.And the Eagles had said OUTRIGHT,they plan on reducing Longs role and he feels he should play MORE,thus I hope we can part mutually in a civil way to the benefit of both

44 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

or did Sproles move from his position of I will tell you some time in  May

He will tell you after May 7th lol

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

He will tell you after May 7th lol

May 7th doesn't effect Sproles decision.

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

May 7th doesn't effect Sproles decision.

Well thats when we decide on possible cuts(not that it needs done that day),so we may decide for him.We shall see

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well thats when we decide on possible cuts(not that it needs done that day),so we may decide for him.We shall see

I mean we will decide whether we want to bring him back 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know they've said they'd like to have him back, but I'm not sure he comes back. At this point, there's really no room for him on the roster, unless they move guys like Smallwood and Adams to make Sproles the 4th back because of ST's abilities. Because right now, you have to believe the top 3 RB's are Howard, Sanders and Clement.

Just now, Don Corleone said:

I know they've said they'd like to have him back, but I'm not sure he comes back. At this point, there's really no room for him on the roster, unless they move guys like Smallwood and Adam to make Sproles the 4th back because of ST's abilities.

Yeah,we could also keep 5,we've done that before

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,we could also keep 5,we've done that before

4 on the roster and one on PS, I doubt they keep 5 RB's on the roster through the season.

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

I really think Long just wants to retire.   

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

May 7th is just hte date where you can sign a UFA without it costing a comp pick .... that has nothing to do with Sproles or "cuts"  You can sign players that were cut now.     If another team signed Sproles before May 7, then we would get a comp pick.... but it means nothing as far as Sproles and the Eagles.   

Anyone interested in S Karl Joseph if he becomes  available?

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

May 7th is just hte date where you can sign a UFA without it costing a comp pick .... that has nothing to do with Sproles or "cuts"  You can sign players that were cut now.     If another team signed Sproles before May 7, then we would get a comp pick.... but it means nothing as far as Sproles and the Eagles.   

Well thats probably when we decide what we do with Sproles

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well thats probably when we decide what we do with Sproles

Why? 

How about WR Nelson Agholor for SS Karl Joseph in a trade. Both 25 years old and both are first round draft picks that didn't quite live up to expectations with their present teams.