DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Again it would Lao be the Eagles admitting they Fed up a 1st round pick by going to get Conklin after a year not something they are likely to do...Hence thenwere would he play question if he could move inside to G by all means give him a go but he would likely get paid more to be a T elsewhere 

Just now, 1wrangler said:

He is getting a chance this year. If he can't beat out old man Peters by mid season then maybe the Eagles should look at Conklin in free agency.

Wow  ... I think you got it all wrong.   I don't think he is replacing future Hall of Famer and dude that still plays well when he is in.... I think he was brought in to take over for the next decade and lock down the position.  He learns this year and plays if needed.  

When you trade up for a guy.. using 3 picks ... similar to Brandon Graham.... that guy will get full opportunity to play...not just his rookie year.  

Different than a guy you just draft at your spot with that one pick.

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

They are not going to unseat Peters unless he is dreadful....Dillard likely won’t get a full chance until next year 

Tired of hearing that. Sorry, but if the Eagles don't give Dillard a legitimate chance of beating out Peters this year, why did they invest a 1st, 4th, and 6th?  There is a whole lot of romanticizing our left tackle going on at the moment by both the fans and management.  You guys accusing me of jumping the gun with Conklin and we don't even know if the Eagles are going to give Dillard and honest chance to beat out his competition. Lets get real here! Don't blame me if the kid is sitting on his butt this year. 

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Tired of hearing that. Sorry, but if the Eagles don't give Dillard a legitimate chance of beating out Peters this year, why did they invest a 1st, 4th, and 6th?  There is a whole lot of romanticizing our left tackle going on at the moment by both the fans and management.  You guys accusing me of jumping the gun with Conklin and we don't even know if the Eagles are going to give Dillard and honest chance to beat out his competition. Lets get real here! Don't blame me if the kid is sitting on his butt this year. 

For the future 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

For the future 

LOL

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

We are being real just the fact of what’s going to happen....Everyone knew when we draft dillard it was to be the future LT not the LT this season....People also seem to have some false sense that Peters has played poorly he hasn’t just that he missed time has been the issue 

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Wow  ... I think you got it all wrong.   I don't think he is replacing future Hall of Famer and dude that still plays well when he is in.... I think he was brought in to take over for the next decade and lock down the position.  He learns this year and plays if needed.  

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Yeah... except the present is now... the future is the future. 

We clearly believed in Dillard or we wouldn’t have traded up to snag him....We didn’t trade up to just give up on him after 1 year lol....Whether he works out only time will tell on that...

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

You honestly think they drafted this kid for 2019?  He is going to be at a Jason Peters level?    Dude who just shut out Khalil Mack?   

Idk... to me I can't short cut the work.  I believe in spending the time to improve.   A rookie having to beat out Peters is a lot to ask.  For him to step into the league and already be at that level?   Regardless... he was drafted for the long term so we could have our LT spot locked down for 3 plus decades. 

If Dillard comes in during blowouts and maybe some sets where we use an extra lineman... that's fine with me.  JP staying healthy all year would be awesome.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

You honestly think they drafted this kid for 2019?  He is going to be at a Jason Peters level?    Dude who just shut out Khalil Mack?   

Idk... to me I can't short cut the work.  I believe in spending the time to improve.   A rookie having to beat out Peters is a lot to ask.  For him to step into the league and already be at that level?   Regardless... he was drafted for the long term so we could have our LT spot locked down for 3 plus decades. 

Feel like there is a false sense that Peters played poorly last year....Seen a breakdown of Peters last year though he suited up for all 16 games he essentially missed 3 the other 13 games he played over 80% of the snaps in the game believe 11 of those games he was over 95% of the snaps 

Well you guys have your opinions and I have mine. Isn't it nice that we aren't all the same? LMAO

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Well you guys have your opinions and I have mine. Isn't it nice that we aren't all the same? LMAO

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

So again... that's all nice.   Our opinion is that of what we think the organization is doing.    It seems like you are talking about what you would do?   

2 different things.   

23 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We are being real just the fact of what’s going to happen....Everyone knew when we draft dillard it was to be the future LT not the LT this season....People also seem to have some false sense that Peters has played poorly he hasn’t just that he missed time has been the issue 

Think Dillard will play a bit,one play here,2 plays there gives the old man a breather.I dont see him riding pine all year,but used in sporadic ways to get him used to the feel of the NFL and spell Peters

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Think Dillard will play a bit,one play here,2 plays there gives the old man a breather.I dont see him riding pine all year,but used in sporadic ways to get him used to the feel of the NFL and spell Peters

Right... should be Big V role except I don't know that he would go in if Lane comes out?   Doesn't really matter,  he starts game 1 in 2020...  and game 16 in 2030.. and all of them in between .. then he was a good pick.

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

If Dillard comes in during blowouts and maybe some sets where we use an extra lineman... that's fine with me.  JP staying healthy all year would be awesome.

Dillard’s first year I see him doing the same...I would likely say he gets 1-2 games under his belt would assume JP misses about that much time 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right... should be Big V role except I don't know that he would go in if Lane comes out?   Doesn't really matter,  he starts game 1 in 2020...  and game 16 in 2030.. and all of them in between .. then he was a good pick.

Nice thing about this.After the play he can get immediate critique from Peters.Then they can review it once again on film,in slo mo. He's learning from the best there is

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nice thing about this.After the play he can get immediate critique from Peters.Then they can review it once again on film,in slo mo. He's learning from the best there is

Which he should be getting every day in practice too.   Even though we don't see it for our own satisfaction,  it still happens.  That's why I am ok with Peter's being healthy and staying on the field with this kid watching.  Everything else is a bonus in 2019.  Day after the season finishes... it's his job.... hopefully for the next decade.

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah... we are assuming that.  But it could also go back to 2017... we Peters didn't come out until being lost for the year.  We don't know.   I know he is getting older,  but he isn't going into the season with the same leg issues.   The bicep though??? 

Been watching Bryce Harper since the beginning of the season and had no idea he was such a sucker for a high and away fast ball until he came to the Phillies. Its hard for me to believe that this guy got as far as he has in his career without learning the valuable lesson about not being able to catch up to that pitch no matter what league you are playing in. The Phillies manager ought to put a shock collar on him and give him a jolt every time he swings at it.

Raiders resign Doug Martin to replace Isaiah Crowell. That didn't take long.

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ham ... here is the concept.    WE paid the worng guys.... that's never good.    That was the problem before, not how the cap was managed..... but the players chosen.  

And again... which NFL team pays their players the big cap hits up front?    Which team does that?    ZERO is the answer.   

Actually the Vikings front loaded a couple contracts last year. I only know of that cause I live in Minnesota but it does happen in the league. 

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I did?    Wow.... thanks for letting me know.   LOL     Kotite was a genius too.    Yet .... lets move on... Chip can be my boy.    Did you get the concept that after we make cuts.... and before we start paying guys... we start with the same cap space?    

You were a Chip defender till the end buddy. Always defending him and saying give him a chance. Saying how good Chips record was at first and we needed to give him a chance. I was excited at first but by mid season his first year I was complaining and you defended him until it was apparent we would move on from him.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

If Dillard can't possibly beat out Peters we are doing our team an injustice. It is like saying hey we could be better or protect Wentz better but why do it. Peters play has declined (age does that) and he locks on and holds people a lot more than he used to. Not to mention the long list of injuries that he has had nagging him year in year out. If Dillard can prove he can pick up the run blocking scheme I honestly don't know why we wouldn't put him on the field if he is better then Peters why would you not put him on the field?