DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Tim McManus‏Verified account @Tim_McManus

The Eagles have signed former Washington LB Zach Brown to a one-year contract, a move that should help ease the loss of ILB Jordan Hicks. Brown had 96 tackles and a sack last season.

The Philadelphia Eagles are signing free agent linebacker Zach Brown to a one-year contract, according to an official announcement from the team. Pro Football Talk reports the deal is worth $3 million.

For those wondering, this signing does not impact the Eagles’ compensatory pick formula. Brown was released by Washington earlier this offseason.

Wonder how many of these deals have been in the works across the league?

Nice move to fill a need

Morning MJK!  Welp Derby is tomorrow. Not as confident as I normally am, which could be a good thing!  Gonna put $50 on Tacitus and $20 on Velkoma.... Plus a bunch of gimmicks....

Crossing my fingers!  Gonna be a wet track so any horse has a shot....

Found this beautiful condo 5 mins from Debs' Moms'. Deb wants full soc sec retirement and there are no jobs so may have to pass on it. All this place needs is a hot tub! Gourmet kitchen, custom everything and I want it!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/64-Timber-Villa_Elizabethtown_PA_17022_M49771-51770#photo26

Would also be back in Eagles and PSU territory

We should be back on the Cape by Derby time

Derby already down it's leader and it'll be a mudder - bet accordingly

Brown's a MLB - who plays outside? Accidentally took Debs' vitamins so zooming on double dose allergy med and may grow boobs - lol!

Zack Rosenblatt‏Verified account @ZackBlatt

Howie Roseman’s offseason haul DT Malik Jackson WR DeSean Jackson LB Zach Brown RB Jordan Howard DE Vinny Curry LB LJ Fort Re-signed Brandon Graham, Ronald Darby, Timmy Jernigan OT Andre Dillard RB Miles Sanders WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Keep eyes open for a S while letting who we have compete

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

The Philadelphia Eagles are signing free agent linebacker Zach Brown to a one-year contract, according to an official announcement from the team. Pro Football Talk reports the deal is worth $3 million.

For those wondering, this signing does not impact the Eagles’ compensatory pick formula. Brown was released by Washington earlier this offseason.

good Signing!

22 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Found this beautiful condo 5 mins from Debs' Moms'. Deb wants full soc sec retirement and there are no jobs so may have to pass on it. All this place needs is a hot tub! Gourmet kitchen, custom everything and I want it!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/64-Timber-Villa_Elizabethtown_PA_17022_M49771-51770#photo26

Still 2 hours away from me MJK, but you are getting closer!

Just now, stine said:

Let's hope Wentz feels the same way!

LOL

1 minute ago, stine said:

All Carson Needed before he got married was a couple hunting rifles and a few fishing rods and his dog. NOW, who knows!

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

2 minutes ago, stine said:

This is nonsense, everyone already knows that the Patriots pay Brady through other avenues and that's why his contract looks like it does.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

This is nonsense, everyone already knows that the Patriots pay Brady through other avenues and that's why his contract looks like it does.

So why can't the Eagles do the same thing?

Just now, 1wrangler said:

So why can't the Eagles do the same thing?

Never suggested they couldn't. Will they? No, probably not.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Never suggested they couldn't. Will they? No, probably not.

No two individuals are the same. I think both Brady and Wentz are both type A personalities however after that, I believe their make up is entirely different. Hard to say what kind of contract Wentz will want. Lurie could save Wentz some taxes by putting a few mil in his charitable organization. I'm sure there are some other ways to pay Carson and keep his cap numbers a little lower if everyone is agreeable. Same amount of salary but one goes against the cap and part of the other doesn't.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

No two individuals are the same. I think both Brady and Wentz are both type A personalities however after that, I believe their make up is entirely different. Hard to say what kind of contract Wentz will want. Lurie could save Wentz some taxes by putting a few mil in his charitable organization. I'm sure there are some other ways to pay Carson and keep his cap numbers a little lower if everyone is agreeable. Same amount of salary but one goes against the cap and part of the other doesn't.

Exactly right. You asked why the Eagles couldn't, well, why hasn't any other team done this with their QB's? My guess is, the next NFL team that tries something like this, the league will step in and try to put a stop to it. I highly doubt the Eagles go the route of the Pats/Bob Kraft paying Brady through his business, when dealing with Wentz.

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Exactly right. You asked why the Eagles couldn't, well, why hasn't any other team done this with their QB's? My guess is, the next NFL team that tries something like this, the league will step in and try to put a stop to it. I highly doubt the Eagles go the route of the Pats/Bob Kraft paying Brady through his business, when dealing with Wentz.

Well, I have no idea who is in charge of the Patriots Cap space however you don't get much shrewder than Roseman.  He would know for sure but you need two to tango either way!

Nice looking for similar in NC(want acreage though)

Brown's a MLB - who plays outside? Accidentally took Debs' vitamins so zooming on double dose allergy med and may grow boobs - lol!

Well that would be exciting and interesting all at the same time 🤣