DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah,some guys just aren't ready yet for the big time.My idea could snag some "late bloomers" and give 160 other guys a reason to show up for work.Since we have no farm systems in place,I thought this would be a nice way to at least have SOMETHING and it's really not complicated,nor requires heavy doses of investment

Yeah... it does require heavy doses of investment.... this is what you are missing.    Players, travel, stadiums, all kinds of expenses involved.... that's why these leagues keep folding.   It's really not your idea.... its been tried multiple times hasn't it?   

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Because its cheaper to run ... you play games every day to make money every day .... the players that are playing in the league are the TOP prospects who will be future stars.       Again... its a nice idea... but the inferior product won't continue to draw interest.   And it will be inferior because the best players from college won't go play there.  All the draft picks... plus the UDFA guys ... what is it 90 guys per team to start.   You get down to 63 plus IR guys ... that's leaving you 27 guys per 32 teams to start a minor leauge where each team has an affiliate.    You need even more players than that ti field a team.   Then those guys get injuriess... you keep diluting the talent pool and the product gets worse.   The 224 OT that you will need to eventually play, isn't going to be of interest to most people????   

Anybody paying to watch you and your friends play pool?   

With colleges growing every year and new ones coming in/ being built,I doubt the NFL would be diluted by 160 players(as Wrang stated also)

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... it does require heavy doses of investment.... this is what you are missing.    Players, travel, stadiums, all kinds of expenses involved.... that's why these leagues keep folding.   It's really not your idea.... its been tried multiple times hasn't it?   

But my idea is not a LEAGUE,its a way to have a little "farm system" and that requires very little capital

The biggest thing about expanding rosters is owners don't want to pay the extra players if they aren't contributing on the field. Who votes on the rule changes? The owners.

Just now, downwithdallas said:

The biggest thing about expanding rosters is owners don't want to pay the extra players if they aren't contributing on the field. Who votes on the rule changes? The owners.

Just a little insurance if you stars go down.next man up,but if you dont have a "next man" then nothing you can do but hit the FA market

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

With colleges growing every year and new ones coming in/ being built,I doubt the NFL would be diluted by 160 players(as Wrang stated also)

nobody is saying 160 player will dilute the NFL .... I'm saying a farm system will need 32 teams plus however many players.... 160 players fields what .... 4 teams?    if you keep the rosters to 40.    Are those 4 teams going to be within driving distance of one another ... where we can get 4 stadiums?  Its a lot to consider to run a league... that's what I'm saying.   It's been tried before... its going to fail because you won;t get enough players.   I don't care how many college s there are... there are guys that play college football that don't have any desire to go play pro ball.   More colleges don't mean more pro prospects ... thats not how it works. 

You know with all the flack I am getting,I'm sorry I brought this up.So I am done.Sorry noone is pleased about it 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

But my idea is not a LEAGUE,its a way to have a little "farm system" and that requires very little capital

How do you have a farm system without them playing games?   I don't follow... what are they doing just practicing at a facility and waiting to be called up?     How does your idea work?

Just now, joemas6 said:

nobody is saying 160 player will dilute the NFL .... I'm saying a farm system will need 32 teams plus however many players.... 160 players fields what .... 4 teams?    if you keep the rosters to 40.    Are those 4 teams going to be within driving distance of one another ... where we can get 4 stadiums?  Its a lot to consider to run a league... that's what I'm saying.   It's been tried before... its going to fail because you won;t get enough players.   I don't care how many college s there are... there are guys that play college football that don't have any desire to go play pro ball.   More colleges don't mean more pro prospects ... thats not how it works. 

Joe it's NOT a LEAGUE,its FIVE players more per team-FIVE

Just now, joemas6 said:

How do you have a farm system without them playing games?   I don't follow... what are they doing just practicing at a facility and waiting to be called up?     How does your idea work?

yeah extra BU's who could pan out.Like I said Im done,I wont respond again

You know with all the flack I am getting,I'm sorry I brought this up.So I am done.Sorry noone is pleased about it 

But nobody is givingyou flack..... asking for an explanation is not disagreeing or giving you flack.   See I think sometimes you have an idea in your head ... you think you said it, but you didn't express it on here.    So explain ... how do you have a farm system... without playing games.... do the guys go to a facility ... like WWE and just train??   I'm not getting it.   Baseball the top prospects actually play games, they get stats ...etc.   How do you do this in football?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So its not a farm system then ... its a bigger roster.   Why didn't you just say that then????  

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Thanks for finally explaining it????? Don't know why it has to be like pulling teeth... I can't read your mind????

Just now, joemas6 said:

But nobody is givingyou flack..... asking for an explanation is not disagreeing or giving you flack.   See I think sometimes you have an idea in your head ... you think you said it, but you didn't express it on here.    So explain ... how do you have a farm system... without playing games.... do the guys go to a facility ... like WWE and just train??   I'm not getting it.   Baseball the top prospects actually play games, they get stats ...etc.   How do you do this in football?

So its not a farm system then ... its a bigger roster.   Why didn't you just say that then????  

I DID lmao go to roster 56 and 12 on the PS,that was the thought(I lied and responded)

I DID lmao go to roster 56 and 12 on the PS,that was the thought(I lied and responded)

After that the SHTF lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just a little insurance if you stars go down.next man up,but if you dont have a "next man" then nothing you can do but hit the FA market

5 more players at league min is still 1.4 million 

5 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

If you really want to know how to create an inferior league, just keep adding regular season games without any increase in player rosters. I believe the players are smarter than the owners on that topic. 

5 more players at league min is still 1.4 million 

And most Fa's are cheaper?

Just now, 1wrangler said:

If you really want to know how to create an inferior league, just keep adding regular season games without any increase in player rosters. I believe the players are smarter than the owners on that topic. 

Players don't pay the bills. 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

After that the SHTF lol

Just confusing when you use the term "farm system"  It's just a bigger roster... that;s why you were losing me

1 minute ago, downwithdallas said:

Players don't pay the bills. 

So you think Jeffery Lurie is worried about his next meal?

Just now, joemas6 said:

Just confusing when you use the term "farm system"  It's just a bigger roster... that;s why you were losing me

it was in quotes for a reason

And most Fa's are cheaper?

If you are picking a guy up off the street to fill a spot you don't need to pay him all year so yes it is.

I have an extra jar of PB if he's desitute lol

If you are picking a guy up off the street to fill a spot you don't need to pay him all year so yes it is.

They raise the cap alot more than this every year. 1.4 mil aint gonna kill anyone 

it was in quotes for a reason

IDK... I can't read minds...lol

No but he isn't handing out millions of dollars every year for nothing either.