DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, stine said:

Well, I hope your assessment is inaccurate Wrang. I would hate to see Joe go.... I think they are also looking at the Bears Scout.... The Bears have done great in the draft the past few years....

I believe Joe will eventually leave for one reason. Because he and Howie are roughly the same age. Its not like Howie is close to retirement and all Joe has to do is wait for his chance. Howie is 43. 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

"If you become irreplaceable,you will never get promoted"

Excellent!

Tony Dungy once told the players on my Grandson's High school football team, "The next time you think you are indispensable, put your finger into a bucket of water and look at the hole it makes when you pull it out."

1 hour ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

Douglas may not presently feel the NYJ position is that stable with Gase.  Yes, they do have talent but if they don't come through in winning and Gase goes Miami 2.0 where does that leave Douglas with a potential new coach possibly being hired maybe two years down the road?  Owner may not want to hire Douglas as a buddy of Gase .

You are correct about the Jets may not be the best situation for Joe to move on however the Rangers wanted him last year and Lurie didn't give his permission due to the playoffs. So you have to figure that it is just a matter of time unless some situation changes drastically with the Eagles current chain of command. Even if Joe were to leave this year you could figure that the Eagles won/loss record this year will have his finger prints all over it. Time to get that second Super Bowl victory this year.

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

You are correct about the Jets may not be the best situation for Joe to move on however the Rangers wanted him last year and Lurie didn't give his permission due to the playoffs. So you have to figure that it is just a matter of time unless some situation changes drastically with the Eagles current chain of command. Even if Joe were to leave this year you could figure that the Eagles won/loss record this year will have his finger prints all over it. Time to get that second Super Bowl victory this year.

This should be the attitude every year.   Joe douglas possibly leaving shouldn't effect it one way or the other.     But maybe the next guy can figure out how to draft a WR early.   Pretty soon we are going to need to do that!  

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Shorr-Parks is at the very bottom of the food chain in regards to Philly media.

I almost spit out my water when he said JMatt was the same as Alshon .. because he was looking at stats.... LOL   No clue about the game.  Totally different in how much attention they get from the defense and open things up for teammates ....lol   

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I almost spit out my water when he said JMatt was the same as Alshon .. because he was looking at stats.... LOL   No clue about the game.  Totally different in how much attention they get from the defense and open things up for teammates ....lol   

So, off the Shorr-Parks subject. 

Tim McManus had Joel Corry on his podcast this morning, when Tim asked him to project what Wentz's deal would look like, Corry said:

"I said if Philadelphia can get him for $32 million per year, I know that sounds high, that's the average of the top 5 deals right now. Roughly $90 million in overall guarantees, with about $75 million fully guaranteed at signing, they should call that a day and be happy with that. As strange as that may sound."

When McManus asked about years, Corry's reply was:

"Well, from what we've seen, Russell Wilson's played it the right way, from the standpoint that, he's done 4 year deals, 4 new years when I say 4 year deals, 4 year extensions. I wouldn't give up any more than 4 new years, even though, Philadelphia has gotten Lane Johnson and Fletcher Cox to go longer than that. But, the way the market has changed with the QB position so dramatically the past couple of years, I would go shorter. So, if I could give up 4 new years, great and then you get another bite of the apple, sooner rather than later, which is always what you should do with a good to great player. Because the more bites of the apple you can get as market conditions change, you're in a position to take advantage of that."

Corry also talked about protections the Eagles could use in the event that Wentz is hurt a gain, in the form of per game roster bonuses.

Here's a link for anyone interested

https://omny.fm/shows/embedded-with-tim-mcmanus/embedded-with-tim-mcmanus-an-eagles-podcast-may-16

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

Yep boring slump of the year. Let's write about whatever we can presume lol

Didn't know if everyone heard about Patrick Peterson's PED susp or not.

19 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Shorr-Parks is at the very bottom of the food chain in regards to Philly media.

LOL Yeah, According to Howard Eskin both Parks and Kempski are on the bottom of the food chain and make things up from time to time however Parks and Spadaro do communicate at times or should I say argue at times?

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

LOL Yeah, According to Howard Eskin both Parks and Kempski are on the bottom of the food chain and make things up from time to time however Parks and Spadaro do communicate at times or should I say argue at times?

You can take 99.9% of what Eskin says with a grain of salt. I've met Jimmy, seems like a nice enough guy.

7 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

You can take 99.9% of what Eskin says with a grain of salt. I've met Jimmy, seems like a nice enough guy.

I take what all sports writers have to say with a grain of salt. They are all motivated to be the first to report and not necessarily correct. Like I said before, it is the mark of an educated fan to be able to entertain a thought without necessarily accepting it. I am aware that sports writers are making the leap of faith that Joe Douglas will be leaving without actually knowing. Whenever I see something written like that I try to see the logic in it. For me, I see Douglas leaving. Maybe not to the Jets but I don't see him sticking around for a long period of time either. The only way I see him staying is if he is given the final say on all personnel decisions. I don't believe Howie is willing to give that power up to Joe. If I am wrong, I will admit it like I have done in the past.  I have learned to be who I am and say what I think because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Regarding Douglas, it's a matter of if, not when. During Lurie's PC, he talked about losing people in the front office, especially when the team's doing well. And said something to the effect "we're in a good position to deal with it." So they know and they've made moves, like hiring Andrew Berry.

OTA's begin Tuesday, Doug is scheduled to meet with the media at 10:45, practice will begin at 11:30 and Wentz will meet with the media afterward.

18 hours ago, joemas6 said:

This should be the attitude every year.   Joe douglas possibly leaving shouldn't effect it one way or the other.     But maybe the next guy can figure out how to draft a WR early.   Pretty soon we are going to need to do that!  

"But maybe the next guy can figure out how to draft a WR early".  EZ just ask him to watch this board HAHA

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

But maybe the next guy can figure out how to draft a WR early.  EZ just ask him to watch this board HAHA

I've already thrown out some 2020 WR prospects, my last was Jerry Jeudy from Bama

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I've already thrown out some 2020 WR prospects, my last was Jerry Jeudy from Bama

We had some nice ones picked out.We may argue as to who is better than who etc.but we always(after 4 months of arguing) get it down to those 2-3 guys that would be worth a 2 pick(although I admit I never even looked at JAWS)

I know you and I pegged Butler this year

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

We had some nice ones picked out.We may argue as to who is better than who etc.but we always(after 4 months of arguing) get it down to those 2-3 guys that would be worth a 2 pick(although I admit I never even looked at JAWS)

Yeah, the two I really wanted was Butler and KeeSean Johnson and the Cardinals got both. Watching Johnson, I felt he had the best hands in this past draft. Time will tell.

Yeah, the two I really wanted was Butler and KeeSean Johnson and the Cardinals got both. Watching Johnson, I felt he had the best hands in this past draft. Time will tell.

Glad we got Jaws.I wanted to snag Doss(DWD find) in the aftermath.IDK where he ended up.A project to be sure but I liked his upside

Feet are on fire keepin' me up. Nothin' better to do than surf. Mic'd-up SB LII highlights - NFL Films Presents: