DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Long is too involved in his other endeavors to focus on being a 2nd stinger - true. He could be a full time starter elsewhere - true. The Eagles did not feel he could fill a full time roll AND we rotate a lot - true. So when all else is true, the talking heads get it all wrong - that also is true.

Good luck in all you do Chris. It's an honor just to appreciate you not just as a fan, but a real person doing things more important than football. Be well.

Not real tough to be "giving" when you rack up multiple,multi million dollar a year incomes.I can do great things too with 40 million over less than a decade span.Send me a check and I'll prove it

13 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Long is too involved in his other endeavors to focus on being a 2nd stinger - true. He could be a full time starter elsewhere - true. The Eagles did not feel he could fill a full time roll AND we rotate a lot - true. So when all else is true, the talking heads get it all wrong - that also is true.

Good luck in all you do Chris. It's an honor just to appreciate you not just as a fan, but a real person doing things more important than football. Be well.

Not really... the talking heads here in Philly all said they thought Long was going to retire, but the Eagles had a small chance to talk him out of it.   

This is stuff you hear though locally when they talk on the radio and tv, giving their opinions,  not really much you would see in print.  An advantage living in the local market.

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think many of us thought Long would retire. But how many believe he will stay retired?

Idk.... they were talking about that on the radio today.  Jon Ritchie and Geoff Mosher seem to think he will be too involved in his other stuff to come back to the Eagles... the team that holds his rights.    Obviously the discussion was in the event of injuries. 

I think a lot of the fans are grasping at straws, hard to let such a fan favorite go.  But let's be happy for him, comes out healthy and on his own terms with a lot to do, not just sit there and have a mid life crisis because he has no clue what to do without football. 

August is the 7 month mark for Brooks, a lot of people have questioned whether he'd be ready for the start of the season, I think if he misses any games at all, it'll just be Week 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/20/ezekiel-elliott-handcuffed-but-not-charged-after-shoving-security-guard/

Watched the video didn't see much contact but he did get in his face threateningly and say do you got something to say while backing the security guard into the metal barrier which he fell over.

25 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/20/ezekiel-elliott-handcuffed-but-not-charged-after-shoving-security-guard/

Watched the video didn't see much contact but he did get in his face threateningly and say do you got something to say while backing the security guard into the metal barrier which he fell over.

I mean... you see his left forearm clearly leaning into the guy?????    A dude Elliots size doesn't need a full round house swing to move a guy.  Dude doesn't fall down by himself?

oops... I meant Zeke's right forearm/ elbow  clearly went into the guy.    

Pay that man Jerry!!!!!! 

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean... you see his left forearm clearly leaning into the guy?????    A dude Elliots size doesn't need a full round house swing to move a guy.  Dude doesn't fall down by himself?

Like I said not much contact I didn't say he didn't touch the guy. He did fall over because of him stepping into the barrier,  it wasn't like he was shoved to the ground with intent to do so.

2 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Like I said not much contact I didn't say he didn't touch the guy. He did fall over because of him stepping into the barrier,  it wasn't like he was shoved to the ground with intent to do so.

Right.... if it was a regular guy ... ehhh ... The fact it was a security guy or some sort of staff ... touching him in any way is not good.  Especially since it was Zeke going out of his way to give him that forearm shove.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... if it was a regular guy ... ehhh ... The fact it was a security guy or some sort of staff ... touching him in any way is not good.  Especially since it was Zeke going out of his way to give him that forearm shove.  

And since he already has anger issues and has been suspended in the past for a physical altercation. Hence why I posted it.

Just now, downwithdallas said:

And since he already has anger issues and has been suspended in the past for a physical altercation. Hence why I posted it.

It was a whole segment on NFL live ... I saw it right before you posted it... funny watching these national guys talk about it.   In a contract year...lol.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

It was a whole segment on NFL live ... I saw it right before you posted it... funny watching these national guys talk about it.   In a contract year...lol.

Does this give Jerry pause on an extension this year now. 

3 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I know it would for me but Jerry could field a prison team with all the players he has had over the years that have been in trouble with the law.

22 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

IDK.. I think more of just another discussion that you have to have with Zeke.   "Yo, stop being an idiot!"   For me, it's a RB, i'm not paying an RB that much money, but I think Zeke will break the record for RB contracts.  Then Barkley passes that in a couple of years.   Meanwhile, we'll have the QB instead.  

Jerry will pay him though... the guy that needs to be the smartest guy in the room.  

Defense ....

1st down .... Curry, Cox, Jernigan, Graham ... Kamu, Bradham, Brown ... Jenkins, McCloud, 2 CBs

3rd Down .... Barnett, Cox, Jackson, Graham ... Bradham ... Jenkins, McCloud , 4 CBs.  

Mix in some nickel sets... 3 safety sets ...etc.     With some good luck via injury, we can have a nice deep rotation and get off the field.  

37 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

He was suspended for an alleged domestic violence incident. That's a little more than just "a physical altercation"

41 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I know it would for me but Jerry could field a prison team with all the players he has had over the years that have been in trouble with the law.

Yep we've been calling them the all prison team for quite a few years .Seems they have NP with riff raff on their team

I didn't see the vid yet.however there are also instances where private security guards get gung ho over nothing trying to be bad asses.We'll have to see how this plays

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I didn't see the vid yet.however there are also instances where private security guards get gung ho over nothing trying to be bad asses.We'll have to see how this plays

Zeke seemed to have an argument with his lady, was being all tough guy.   Probably was asked to calm down or something ... then Zeke proceeded to walk over to the "staff" who was standing against the railing next to another "staff"  and he did the tough guy lean in with a little forearm extension at the end... mostly leaning his weight on the guy, it wasn't really a hit more so a shove via his weight.   But the security guy didn't move... Zeke came walking about 20-30 feet out of his way to single the guy out.