DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

23 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah IDK hard to say.The guy may have just stumbled,can't really see if he had the back of his heel against the fence.Since he didn't press charges,maybe thats what happened.Not saying Zeke is innocent,but could be a bit overblown.He just needs to stop putting himself in those spots.As you said it's not his first time

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah IDK hard to say.The guy may have just stumbled,can't really see if he had the back of his heel against the fence.Since he didn't press charges,maybe thats what happened.Not saying Zeke is innocent,but could be a bit overblown.He just needs to stop putting himself in those spots.As you said it's not his first time

Yeah... the guy just walked backwards a few feet and then grabbed Zeke's arm to appear like it went forward .... lol.    It wasn'really anything to me worht pressing any charges over ... the fact just remains, he was ignorant in a public place, fighting with his girlfriend and going out of his way to instigate the staff and that little (regardless of how minor) physical incident ... I don't call it an altercation because the other guy didn't do anything except take the shove.  My guess, he probably figured out who it was, and probably is either a Cowboy fan or an NFL fan... or else he just didn't want to be the security guard/staff/officer to put his hands on a guy that looks like Zeke?  Or he just wanted to do his job and let that incident pass so he could keep his eye on the rest of the people at the concert?   

Either way ... this was all on Zeke.   Not a good look.   But I'll wager 9 cents out of the ten that Shady left that waitress,  that Zeke gets the record deal for RBs.  

To read between the lines...looked like Zeke’s girl went to security because he was harassing her acting a fool. Then he goes and gets all tough guy on the security guard. So we can notice this pattern of Elliott dating trash. And we see that he treats women like trash. And we see that his normal response is to go into thugmode. With anybody. He’s a POS human.

Somethign about Zeke.... I can't put my finger on it.    But I just don't think in 5 years he will be in the NFL for some reason.    He will get fat, used too much .... be in jail ... IDK, but something just doesn't add up to me.  And I think he is a great player.  I give you all permission if Zeke plays well in 2024 for Dallas to rip me ... but IDK, just a gut feeling.   

But the cowboys are going to be paying their QB also. I’m thinking the Dak and Carson contracts are going to be very similar. So it isn’t like they are getting off cheap at that position. They will just have to pay the lesser guy equal. 

Giants it will end up working the same. They took Barkley instead of Darnold. So they will end up paying Barkley and the Duke kid top dollar.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To read between the lines...looked like Zeke’s girl went to security because he was harassing her acting a fool. Then he goes and gets all tough guy on the security guard. So we can notice this pattern of Elliott dating trash. And we see that he treats women like trash. And we see that his normal response is to go into thugmode. With anybody. He’s a POS human.

I love every time you do this.... lol 

In this case I agree ... although this video was edited... the one I saw on NFL live seemed to be in real time where Zeke makes the walk over to the staff ... didn't really look like the girl did much to ask for help, might have been just some security telling him to behave.    Either way, all of the footage shows Zeke as the one acting like as A --.   

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But the cowboys are going to be paying their QB also. I’m thinking the Dak and Carson contracts are going to be very similar. So it isn’t like they are getting off cheap at that position. They will just have to pay the lesser guy equal. 

Giants it will end up working the same. They took Barkley instead of Darnold. So they will end up paying Barkley and the Duke kid top dollar.

I'm not big on paying the RBs ... won't be our problem.  Dak ... I want him paid first ... for the simple reason that I don't want Jerry to see how Howie structures the deal ... let him try to do it himself first with Dak.      As for the Giants... the Duke kid will have to prove himself first (I will read between the lines and assume that you were thinking this also)  but yeah... could be where those teams have to pay both a QB and a RB top dollar. 

Amari won't come cheap either for Dallas.... they will also have to pay top dollar for their LBs.   

I'm telling you.... all this adding up, I really don't see Zeke in Dallas 5 years from now????   Cap reasons could be another reason I didn't even mention.... lol   

Around the division ....   Zeke, Foster ... Eli apparantly had a bad practice ....   meanwhile in Philly ... Wentz a full go.   LOL

25 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I love every time you do this.... lol 

In this case I agree ... although this video was edited... the one I saw on NFL live seemed to be in real time where Zeke makes the walk over to the staff ... didn't really look like the girl did much to ask for help, might have been just some security telling him to behave.    Either way, all of the footage shows Zeke as the one acting like as A --.   

So you didn’t see him following her stalking her where her only option was to hunt  down the security guards? And he still tried to get in the middle of that even. But then he walked away from them....only to run into the other security guy.

And No Mas my point, I think you concur, is that I take the QB first priority. Sam Darnold was there for the taking. I take Darnold over Barkley. Or with the cowboys....they took Elliott and then later landed on Prescott. But they still will end up paying the lesser QB near 30 mil a season is my prediction. Im all about getting the best QB I can. A second round RB like Sanders I can work with more. But I want the top signal caller I can get my hands on. Good luck giants with the Duke kid instead of Darnold so you could run with Barkley.

Great to hear Wentz is a full go.

Time to get to work.

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

He was suspended for an alleged domestic violence incident. That's a little more than just "a physical altercation"

I understand that, I was obviously showing a pattern of him having being physical with others and pushing people around.

Gerald McCoy finally cut. Didn’t really want to trade for him. Giving up something and paying that fat contract was too much. But now as a free agent I’m all about bringing him in.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gerald McCoy finally cut. Didn’t really want to trade for him. Giving up something and paying that fat contract was too much. But now as a free agent I’m all about bringing him in.

Way to much we can afford him but I can't see us adding him.

Well they didn't want to pay McCoy 13 mill, said his play was declining and there's going to be a bidding war. Still would like him at the right price

Doug Farrar‏ @NFL_DougFarrar

Not much to say about Tampa Bay's defense last season, but Gerald McCoy was anything but washed-up. Created havoc as a pass-rusher and run-stopper at 1-, 3-, and 5-tech spots. Impressive short-area speed to whip through gaps and close to the ballcarier. He can still help a team.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And No Mas my point, I think you concur, is that I take the QB first priority. Sam Darnold was there for the taking. I take Darnold over Barkley. Or with the cowboys....they took Elliott and then later landed on Prescott. But they still will end up paying the lesser QB near 30 mil a season is my prediction. Im all about getting the best QB I can. A second round RB like Sanders I can work with more. But I want the top signal caller I can get my hands on. Good luck giants with the Duke kid instead of Darnold so you could run with Barkley.

Welp Barkley was worth a round 1.He was better than than Jacobs was this draft and there were QB's with talent left.so I cant blame the Gnats for taking Barkley

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp Barkley was worth a round 1.He was better than than Jacobs was this draft and there were QB's with talent left.so I cant blame the Gnats for taking Barkley

What can I say? But... you and the giants are wrong. You take Sam Darnold....not Barkley. And so I do blame Gettleman and the giants.  Barkley being better than Jacobs isn’t anything we are remotely talking about here.

Reuben Foster, Skins LB, torn ACL

Personally I believe Quenton Nelson was the best player in that whole draft class. But STILL I take Mayfield and Darnold before the G. Nelson has been huge for the Colts. But because they already had their franchise QB.

Gettleman being a terrible GM has worked out well for me. Pay ODB crazy huge money and then foot the bill while he plays for the Browns. Then overpay Tate to take his place.  Works for me. Diss the good franchise QB just so you can force taking the Duke QB the next season. Works for me. Get rid of your pass rushers, that he mistakenly was massively overpaying, and change defensive schemes. Heck I almost feel bad for Shurmur. Almost impossible to survive all this for him. He’s a heck of a QB whisperer but all this is too much. Him with Darnold could have been scary good. Just look at what he got out of a Keenum even.

Cynthia Freuland has Jason Kelce as the most underappreciated player in the NFL. Has an article up at NFL.com

1) Jason Kelce, C, Philadelphia Eagles

Drafted: Sixth round (No. 191 overall), 2011
Pro Bowls: Two (2014

Kelce had the highest win-contribution metric for any center in the NFL last season. My favorite stat on him: No center kept opposing defenders at least five feet from his quarterback on passing downs more than Kelce last season (24.1%; next closest was 18.8%). Measuring O-line play this way helps quantify "stopping pressure" or "clean pockets" and it shows Kelce set the standard for elite at his position last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031294/article/most-underappreciated-players-of-2018-eagles-kelce-leads-top-5

6 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I know it would for me but Jerry could field a prison team with all the players he has had over the years that have been in trouble with the law.

Zeke's response:

Sorry Im Longest Yard GIF - Sorry ImLongestYard EyeRoll GIFs