DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse I don’t think BPA is what happened for us this year. Traded up for Dillard. You can call that BPA if you want. But Sanders, JAWA  and Thorson were positional picks. Probably say Miller too but there are other factors around him.

If they plan on keeping Daniels upright,they will need lineman and WR's. Possibly they plan on 2 years to bring Daniels along? Noone said he starts NEXT year.So if thats what the plan is they still have time to get a line built and some worthy WR's.I have no clue what their plans are

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I guess Gettleman thinks Jones is the guy. I’d take Darnold over Jones. Huge gap IMO. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sam-darnold-1.html

Yeah depends though on what the PLAN is.IMO it could be 2 years.Maybe they sign Eli one more year? can't say thats not possible

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jones 2,600 yards as a Senior. Darnold over 4 k as a Sophomore. Like I said...,huge gap.

Barkley huge gap over the other RB's too in that draft

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or take the franchise QB at two(which is near impossible to get) Darnold. Then a Oline. This year take Dillard and Bradbury with any RB you want in the second or even third. Gives you a franchise QB, three top young Oline and a solid starting RB. And I’m a year ahead of you and don’t need to give up every draft pick to get my franchise QB next year.

I wouldn't have put a rookie QB behind that line. I would have cut Manning this year and kept Kyle Lauletta saving 12 mill. And then I would have had the top spot or close to it. 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah depends though on what the PLAN is.IMO it could be 2 years.Maybe they sign Eli one more year? can't say thats not possible

I don’t think it does matter what the plan is. That’s my argument. If you need a franchise QB...you take him at two. Work Out the rest of the team later. 

2 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I wouldn't have put a rookie QB behind that line. I would have cut Manning this year and kept Kyle Lauletta saving 12 mill. And then I would have had the top spot or close to it. 

My plan you didn’t have to start Darnold year one. He could have sat behind Eli year one even.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jones 2,600 yards as a Senior. Darnold over 4 k as a Sophomore. Like I said...,huge gap.

He was also in a pass happy offense in college.So we'll just have to see

My plan you didn’t have to start Darnold year one. He could have sat behind Eli year one even.

Possibly they plan on Barkley getting more passes.I can throw the ball 5 yards

Possibly they plan on Barkley getting more passes.I can throw the ball 5 yards

Yes we’ll see how it works out. I’m thinking Peyton Manning gets you more wins and titles than Barry Sanders. And I’d say Sanders is a better player than Manning(but I’m biased).

2018 Passing

STATS
Regular Season
Career

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
239 414 57.7 2,865 6.9 17 15 76 77.6

2018 Passing

STATS
Regular Season
Career

Darolds Jets stats

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

2018 Passing

STATS
Regular Season
Career

Darolds Jets stats

With a fired coach, GM, no RB and no receivers. Can’t brag about his Oline either. Not nearly the numbers I believe he’s capable of. Especially if he was under Shurmur.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

With a fired coach, GM, no RB and no receivers. Can’t brag about his Oline either. Not nearly the numbers I believe he’s capable of. Especially if he was under Shurmur.

Just sayin,it's all different in the NFL and his stats were turrible

So with the Gnats crappy line he'd do better?

Should be better this year simply because he has Bell to throw too now(those useless RB's lol)

So with the Gnats crappy line he'd do better?

I’m saying it isn’t all about his rookie season. He’s a franchise guy. Had to take him at two. Giants loss was the Jets gain. But yes I think throwing to ODB probably bumps his stats up more than Enuwa or whoever.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And RBs don’t go as high as QBs. And RB can be done by committee. Can’t really do QB by committee much.

Bell,Bark,Zeke,no need for a comittee if you have one of those

Should be better this year simply because he has Bell to throw too now(those useless RB's lol)

And anybody could have bought Bell. What franchise QB you buying? And don’t say Foles.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

And anybody could have bought Bell. What franchise QB you buying? And don’t say Foles.

Apparently they liked Daniels,IDC either way about either team

Darnold needs to show them why he was drafted so high.Excuse time is over

Bell,Bark,Zeke,no need for a comittee if you have one of those

And I’ve been hearing nonstop how Bell might even get traded because Gase is pissed to have spent so much on a RB. What would Gase have done if they spent the second overall on a RB? (Hint I wouldn’t want to be in that room)

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m saying it isn’t all about his rookie season. He’s a franchise guy. Had to take him at two. Giants loss was the Jets gain. But yes I think throwing to ODB probably bumps his stats up more than Enuwa or whoever.

So if it's not about the rookie season why did the jets put him in? And why can't Daniels be that guy a year from now?